Nathan Fillion Reminds Gamers of the Dangers of "Swamp Ass"

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Nathan Fillion Reminds Gamers of the Dangers of "Swamp Ass"

A sweaty backside while gaming can be a terrible thing.

"Swamp Ass." It's a phenomenon that most gamers are sadly all too familiar with. You're sitting on your couch, shooting some faces in Call of Duty: The Newest One, and then you begin to feel oddly moist. Like a perfect storm, the sweat on your back and the warmth of the couch combine to wreak havoc, only it's on your backside instead of shorefront property.

Actor Nathan Fillion, best known to nerds for his role as Captain Mal Reynolds on Firefly - and known to gamers for his work in games like Halo 3: ODST and his desire to play Nathan Drake on the big screen - thinks that more people need to be aware of this tragic issue that affects millions around the world.

Fillion and Break.com have teamed up to produce this Public Service Announcement that you see here to the right, to raise awareness about the dangers of Swamp Ass - because the more we know about it, the more we can fight it. With hair dryers. Between raids.

Thanks, Cap'n Mal. You're awfully shiny for doing this.

Good lord, that man is the best man in the history of men.

XD! I just died laughing. Thank you Nathan Fillion, thank you.

Captain Hammer is here to save the day! Yay!

This is the best thing I've seen in weeks. And I just watched Labyrinth last night. Somehow, Nathan Fillion is better than David Bowie's crotch.

That is quite possibly the strangest thing I've heard in relation to gaming lately, but I believe the appropriate response is...

That was absolutely adorable.

I have no idea why. Cheered me up to no end, though.

Nathan Fillion is a man to be idolised.

I have never heard of (or experienced) Swamp Ass, is it really that common a thing?

Was that Nyan Cat with an NES controller for a body? ... O.o

I think I just turned gay because of that man.

Wow, this was the best and funniest thing I've seen recently, even though I've been going through the LoadingReadyRun video archives... Nathan Fillion is just plain awesome.

Also:

Radoh:
Good lord, that man is the best man in the history of men.

sounds about right.

EDIT:

Black Watch:

As a completely straight man, I can say that that is a reasonable response

Is this "Swamp Ass" an actual phenomenon that people are familiar with and aware of?

I might be in love.

I lol'd. Swamp ass....not something I get but I could see how it would be annoying.

God bless you Nathan Fillion.

This man needs to be cloned immediately.

That perfectly serious expression he pulls when he starts using the hairdryer made me crack up. Please tell me there will be more of this "The More You Nerd".

Vault Citizen:
I have never heard of (or experienced) Swamp Ass, is it really that common a thing?

It really depends on where you're sitting and your own body. It happens to me a lot when I sit on pleather chairs. Real leather or fabric and I'm just fine, but 10 minutes on a pleather chair and my pants are soaked through. No idea why.

I can't say how common it is though, I haven't actually asked anyone if they get it /shrug.

I can see why XKCD have an obsession with this guy. He's pretty damn awesome.

How. The hell. Does he say that with a straight face?

Well this just made my day.

Is it any wonder nerds love Nathan Fillion?

Vault Citizen:

i havn't either but i guess that people who do marathon gaming sessions get it

SirBryghtside:
I am disappointed at the lack of Castle in the OP.

This. Great show. Started watching when ODST came out.

I love how he keeps a straight face, he's so good at being cheesy, it's easily overplayed, but he really sounds like he means what he's saying.
Awesome NyES cat at the end

This man ciontinues to spark my fandom.

Oh Nathan Fillion, what would the world do without you?

Jedoro:
How. The hell. Does he say that with a straight face?

Pure Awesomness, that's how...

oh, but if you want a serious reply : "It's Nathan Fillion. The man could walk on gudamn water."

electric_warrior:
Is this "Swamp Ass" an actual phenomenon that people are familiar with and aware of?

it sucks....never had it from gaming, but working 14-20 hour days paving roads w/ 340degree asphalt on a day thats 90 degrees+ .....i can personally say, its something that people should be aware of

This man, Tim Schafer, Shegyru Miyamoto, and the entire staff of valve should get together and have a baby. We should then worship that baby.

SirBryghtside:

Black Watch:

You don't have to be gay to love Nathan Fillion ;)

Too late. I want to have his babies.

Would someone please give this man back Firefly!?!! I would game with this man any day, Swamp Ass or no Swamp Ass!

Hillarious vid, but seriously, "Swamp ass"? I mean, I can sit down and play for extended periods of time (hell, I can have one gaming session going a whole freakin' day if there's nothing else to do), but I have never heard of or encountered this "swamp ass"-thing before now xD

Is this seriously a thing people suffer from? xD

Good God, that man is sexy. And I'm straight...

Anyway, thanks Capt'n. Some of us gamers had better heed Mal's words...

Apparently Nathan Fillion uses the same brand of hairdryer I do...

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here