New Deus Ex Trailer: Conspiracies and a Surprise

New Deus Ex Trailer: Conspiracies and a Surprise

A hot new Deus Ex: Human Revolution trailer is on the loose, serving a look at some of the conspiracies driving the game and, unless I miss my guess, a quickie glimpse at a man every Deus Ex fan should know and love.

It's been a long time since a game had me as excited as the upcoming Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Not only does it look super-hot in its own right, it's also shaping up to be a worthy successor to the ground-breaking Deus Ex, something that the first follow-up, Deus Ex: Invisible War, failed to pull off.

This new trailer is dead sexy from the word go but what makes it really interesting is the guy who turns up around the 22 second mark, who I am sure - I am sure - is none other than Bob Page. That's right, Bob freakin' Page, head of Page Industries, and if you have no idea what I'm talking about you need to check out this YouTube video immediately!. (Also, shame on you.)

While we're at it, here's something else to think about: Page Industries was the parent company of VersaLife, a pioneering nanotechnology giant in Deus Ex. VersaLife - Sarif Industries; I think you know where I'm going with this.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution comes out on August 23 for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Too much orange.

Regardless, I am excited about this game. More so than any FPS in a really long time.

*squee!* So excited!

Looks like a mix of Metal Gear 4 and, Mass Effect. Not a bad thing but I would have liked to have seen more game-play. I also thought this was an FP game. Granted I like the idea of switching out to 3rd for cover.

Sober Thal:
Too much orange.

insert obligatory lemon lime joke.

Cover mechanic still looks awkward, but only from what they've collectively shown. So 0:22 might be Bob Page? Wouldn't be surprised if it was. Still trying figure out if how they work in a prequel both with a good narrative and keeping the results in line with the original Deus Ex. The more I think about it, the more I realize this would be as good as the original Deus Ex, but I still hope it's a good game all it's own.

I usually try to not get overly excited about upcoming games until I get the chance to play them for myself. However, this is one of the times I really can't help myself. Really looking forwards to this. Think I'll go replay the original in anticipation.

Kiefer13:
I usually try to not get overly excited about upcoming games until I get the chance to play them for myself. However, this is one of the times I really can't help myself. Really looking forwards to this. Think I'll go replay the original in anticipation.

RINCEWIND! anyways, OT

This game has me waking up at night screaming. The fact that i cant play it yet, other than the leaked pre-build, makes me weep.

well that looks fucking awsome.
And I cant be the only one who loves the colour shceme?

droooooooooollllllll......

Just......I want this....

Hell, I'd watch it if it was a movie. And the gameplay doesn't look any worse.

Sober Thal:
Too much orange.

Orange is the new brown.

DrScoobs:

Sober Thal:
Too much orange.

insert obligatory lemon lime joke.

Given how the original Dues Ex. was well known for the ability to use stealth and complete the game almost without killing anyone, I wonder if it will be possible in Human Revolution as well? It would be interesting to see them try to work the cover mechanic into a stealth format as well.

oops, double post.

I was worried about the gameplay previously but the story and transhumanist themes are something I myself have seen so rarely done I may have to consider this a day one purchase in the barren August month.

They seriously need to stop showing me stuff for this game and let me play it already. It's driving me nuts.

bookboy:
Given how the original Dues Ex. was well known for the ability to use stealth and complete the game almost without killing anyone, I wonder if it will be possible in Human Revolution as well? It would be interesting to see them try to work the cover mechanic into a stealth format as well.

They claim that this is the case, but so did Alpha Protocol.

Andy Chalk:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution comes out on August 23 for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

FUCKKKKKKKK

excited.

please stop making posts about this game, I can't deal with the godamn hype.

bookboy:

Yes. The game even encourages you to go stealth by giving you extra rewards and you will die from like three bullets. Also, the autoregen is triggered after quite a while.

Hmm, I personally think it's a bit of a jump to assume the character we see there for a few seconds is Bob Page, but perhaps it could be. I get the feeling Page was of sufficient age in the first DX to be around at the time of the new game.

I'd rather someone like Tracer Tong appeared in the game instead of Bob Page, personally.

Edit: More Invisible War bashing? Really, how predictable. Is there anyone else here on these here forums that actually thought the game was pretty good?

Looks awesome, also a fun fact the city at 1:00 in is actually Montreal, the stadium is unmistakable :)

MarsProbe:
Hmm, I personally think it's a bit of a jump to assume the character we see there for a few seconds is Bob Page, but perhaps it could be. I get the feeling Page was of sufficient age in the first DX to be around at the time of the new game.

I'd rather someone like Tracer Tong appeared in the game instead of Bob Page, personally.

Edit: More Invisible War bashing? Really, how predictable. Is there anyone else here on these here forums that actually thought the game was pretty good?

I did. I actually liked it somewhat better than the first one. It had much better combat AI, much better voice acting, and a much more neutral story that I really enjoyed.

People dislike the game for its damned ammo system and the fact that it had very closed off, almost claustrophobic levels with zero clutter, unlike the first game where it had massive levels with a bunch of useless clutter.

imnotparanoid:
well that looks fucking awsome.
And I cant be the only one who loves the colour shceme?

deus ex, take my money and let me play you. Also that color scheme is a gimmick to make us augment our eyes, but its so worth it.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.