Mass Effect Comics Free For 24 Hours

Pages PREV 1 2

Okay, I'm officially lost. I can't even find the checkout on the Dark Horse website so I can't get my comics. Can somebody help please?

Hagi:
Managed to add the comics to my collection so far but when I click to read them I just get a page with the comic's title printed in bold capitals.....

I've got the same issue. Can anyone help with this?

Anezay:

Hagi:
Managed to add the comics to my collection so far but when I click to read them I just get a page with the comic's title printed in bold capitals.....

How did you add them to your collection exactly?

Amethyst Wind:

Anezay:

Hagi:

How did you add them to your collection exactly?

Follow the link to the store. Click on one of the collections. There you'll see a link that says "read now"

This is what it looks like, by the way:

Anezay:

I got that. I've got all of Redemption and Evolution in my collection (as well as an issue of Hellboy for some reason), no idea how to actually read the things now.

Amethyst Wind:

Anezay:

I got that. I've got all of Redemption and Evolution in my collection (as well as an issue of Hellboy for some reason), no idea how to actually read the things now.

I've also got the Hellboy one. It must be the cause!
On a more realistic note, I've checked the FAQ, got nothing. Site has no forums.

Buying em as i write this.

CAPTHCA: Abd erognat

Anezay:

Amethyst Wind:

Anezay:

I've also got the Hellboy one. It must be the cause!
On a more realistic note, I've checked the FAQ, got nothing. Site has no forums.

I think it's just overloaded.

One time after refreshing I got a grey interface that loads over the page and it allowed me to browse through the comic's pages. Was able to read the first 7 pages but it wouldn't load the 8th. When I refreshed I was back to the page you showed.

Hmm,i already got the Evolution bundle, and that was awesome, wonder what redemption is like? great chance to find out really.

Hagi:

I think it's just overloaded.

One time after refreshing I got a grey interface that loads over the page and it allowed me to browse through the comic's pages. Was able to read the first 7 pages but it wouldn't load the 8th. When I refreshed I was back to the page you showed.

Thanks. Maybe it'll be easier to read once the deal is over and this stuff is saved to my account.

Still getting the grey interface.
still 3 hours left for me though.
EDIT: fuck it, it only ships to the US. guess i will take the 30 minute train ride to that comic shop.

Through a fair bit of patient use of the F5 key, I've got all of it now in "My Collection", so they'll be free for me to view once the special offer ends. Too bad I can't even get the first page to load on any of them.

It's also available on the Dark Horse Comics iOS app. Unfortuantely said app crashes constantly on iPad (2) and it's pot luck if you're able to download it or not in the very few times it does manage to get past the title screen. Somehow I've successfully downloaded Redemption #2, although it crashed before I got the chance to read it.

so this was a big pile of fail. When I finally get the site to load, like every other page is missing.

I think I'm going to have to let go my dislike of Mass Effect, everything that happens shows they're massively popular (already one of the most troped works on TVTropes too), I'm clearly going against the flow

Wtf, still says it's not free! Why?

Please someone help before it's too late!

Looks like Dark Horse Digital was Commander Shepherd's favourite store on the Citadel. (Sorry.. had to be done)

..I should go.

..Okay, Okay.. stop throwing things :)

Kris015:
Wtf, still says it's not free! Why?

Please someone help before it's too late!

It's not free for me too. Maybe it ended.

They're not free anymore.

I do feel a little suckered in that they were free but the servers were so hammered that I couldn't get them.. but, I love the Mass Effect universe so I've purchased them anyway.

Note to Dark Horse though - Sort your shit out!

Well that sucked, finally managed to get the page to load and it was over. They really should have thought that through better. Most of the 24 hours were wasted on downtime. Oh well, world keeps spinnin'.

ascorbius:
They're not free anymore.

I do feel a little suckered in that they were free but the servers were so hammered that I couldn't get them.. but, I love the Mass Effect universe so I've purchased them anyway.

Note to Dark Horse though - Sort your shit out!

Good money making strategy, make something free but impossible to get then count on the few who are now hooked on obtaining them for a nice profit.

Completely unrelated:
I always thought Liara looked hotter in the comics than the actual games, meh.
OT:
They needed several servers, because it's gone down and not everybody's gotten to get it. Like with the Halo BETAs, where they went down like a half hour after being released due to traffic floods. I had to wait a day and a half for the Reach beta!

Sounds good to me. I'll have to get them before they cost me money.

Wait... this doesn't make sense!
Why would Cerberus want to muscle-in on Aria's business?
I mean, what exactly do they stand to gain from controlling a strip-joint O.o?

Neferius:

Uhm, did you play ME2?

Because Aria is the de-facto ruler of a crime-syndicate that controls an effin huge space-station with millions of beings, and thus has her smexy blue fingers in legal and illegal pies all over the galaxy.

Sense, You make none. :)

Well shit. I completely missed out. Guess that's what I get for playing outside for an entire day.

Damn it a day late.

ah crap I step away for a few days and miss out on this one :[

Why do I always miss cool stuff ....

Saddening. I missed it.

barash:

Neferius:

Uhm, did you play ME2?

Because Aria is the de-facto ruler of a crime-syndicate that controls an effin huge space-station with millions of beings, and thus has her smexy blue fingers in legal and illegal pies all over the galaxy.

Really?! I thought that was just the Red Sand talking O.o

No, but seriously. I know she's a Powerful crimelord and what-not, powerful enough to have Helena Blake working as her underling anyway. And I also know Red Sand only affects humans. But none of this actually matters, since I wasn't really being serious in the first place :P

The point I'm trying to make though is, why would Cerberus want to do anything with Omega?! I mean seriously, that place is a Dump.
What possible strategic value would it have against a Reaper Invasion? TELL MEE!!!

Neferius:

barash:

Neferius:

Uhm, did you play ME2?

No, but seriously. I know she's a Powerful crimelord and what-not, powerful enough to have Helena Blake working as her underling anyway. And I also know Red Sand only affects humans. But none of this actually matters, since I wasn't really being serious in the first place :P

The point I'm trying to make though is, why would Cerberus want to do anything with Omega?! I mean seriously, that place is a Dump.
What possible strategic value would it have against a Reaper Invasion? TELL MEE!!!

Well, It was originally an element zero mine. Element Zero is still in all of those asteroids ... I guess. I could be wrong about it still being there, but if its there that would make it a pretty all right place to control.

Y'know this deal's been off for a couple days already. Maybe you guys at The Escapist should remove it from the front page >_>;;

andar815:

Neferius:

barash:

Uhm, did you play ME2?

Well, It was originally an element zero mine. Element Zero is still in all of those asteroids ... I guess. I could be wrong about it still being there, but if its there that would make it a pretty all right place to control.

Hmm, now that I think about it, I suppose Cerberus could convert the station into a military base of operations in order to establish presence in the Terminus systems. In which case I can see why Aria would have a problem with that.
But whatever the case, I guess we'll all find out when ME3 is finally released.

Oh no, free stuff. JUST THINK ABOUT HOW THAT WOULD RUIN THE ECONOMY!!!

Insanity aside, I've never really gotten into tie-in comics. So I'll just skip this.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.