War Is Hellishly Awesome in Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Trailer

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

War Is Hellishly Awesome in Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Trailer

The official Battlefield 3 Operation Metro multiplayer gameplay trailer is here and it's so good, I watched it twice.

Electronic Arts is giving Battlefield 3 a big push to try to muscle it past, or at least bring it even with, Activision's Modern Warfare machine, but it won't mean a thing if the final product can't live up to expectations. From the look of this new Operation Metro trailer, however, that won't be a problem. The action is fast, the gunplay is furious and the graphics are absolutely freakin' gorgeous.

According to Kotaku, the Paris-like Operation Metro level is designed to show off "the game's ability to deliver a wide spectrum of scale in its maps," ranging from a large, open areas through a dark subway tunnel, a cluttered ticket station and a devastated inner city neighborhood, all beautifully rendered and then lovingly blown up. War may be hell, but it sure looks good - I think we might actually have a legitimate contender here.

Battlefield 3 comes out on October 25 for the PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

Non-scripted destructable environments. That's all kinds of sexy there.

OT: It does look more like an objective based mutli-player mode pulling the players through the environments.
Unless that's a few different maps of the same theme being shown here.

Oh, and who thinks a MW4 and BF4 cross-over would be awesome?

I do hope there isn't so many random bloom effects in the game, it made the game a bit hard to look at.

So much want...

Still play Battlefield 2 sometimes, that with better graphics and the improved frostbyte engine is looking like super sexy fun times.

Every other game can go screw itself.

Welp!! Look's like I'm failing all of my classes when this game comes out.

I had to go triple-check to make sure my pre-order was fully paid on this one after watching that. Now I want that beta to start. D:

HOLY CRAP!! :O Amazing! Battlefield 3: Putting the PC back into PC gaming! :-D About damn time, too!

I disparately need to update my rig for this, Skyrim and Heroes of Stalingrad!

I hope it works out well.

I am trying to get into battlefield BC2 and it is so fucking hard.

I spawn disoriented unto a sky full of bloom, every where is obscured by smoke and by the time I've waddled my ass to an objective the defense that spawns there blows my ass away.

I just hope there is more to that game than camping and eye strain.

That's one comment I keep hearing over and over about Battlefield 3, "It looks Pretty" And yeah it does, I just hope that's not the only thing that it has going for it. *Shurgs*

I don't know I'm more looking forward to Ghost Recon Future Soilder; But I plan to Buy Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3 anyway.

Aw... they're sticking with the bullet-reloading system instead of the magazine-system that's in Battlefield 2.

That makes me sad :(

Anyway, this looks nice and all, but... eh, I'm not really feeling it. Just looks like a really pretty Bad Company 2 to me :/

I needed a change of underwear after watching that.

Alright... Your move Infinity ward

Impress me more than this trailer did

it's still just a shooter to me.

And yet Modern Warfare 3 is going to do the same thing the last four games did but even worse this time, and still outsell and out-score Battlefield 3.

I like the new knifing animation. Actually looks really impressive and a lot more visceral. Imagine being on the receiving end of the sharp stabby thing!

I hope it's more like Battlefield 2 and not like Bad Company 2.

I must be getting old, I could hardly tell what was being shot at most of that trailer.

I find this all very exciting, it certainly looks like I'd prefer this game to the COD series. My main hope is that if Battlefield really becomes a 'threat' to the COD franchise dominance that we see better and better games from both studios as they fight for our wallet.

If thats all the same level, all I can say is.... dayum!

Makes me wish my Xbox hadnt red ringed....

Huh, this looks exactly the same as COD for me, in fact you could have played this trailer with MW3 slapped on the front and I would have believed you. I think I'll pass on this one.

Holy shit. I was going to buy this at some point, but now it just became a first day purchase.

JoJoDeathunter:
Huh, this looks exactly the same as COD for me, in fact you could have played this trailer with MW3 slapped on the front and I would have believed you. I think I'll pass on this one.

Don't give up on this game yet! At least wait until a demo comes out or play the beta and THEN decide. Battlefield 1942 wasn't anything like Call of Duty: Finest Hour, yet they were both set in World War 2. Just because Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare take place in the present day doesn't mean they are the same game.

If you watched this being told it was Modern Warfare 3, would you REALLY be able to call it out without prior knowledge of the video? Because I wouldn't.

I don't see why people get so worked up over how CoD outsells BF when they are almost identical to each other except for in the details.

*watches trailer*

*doesn't understand a thing that's going on*

*goes back to playing RPGs with "I suck at Call of Duty" playing in the background*

I get it games industry, CoD4 was a good game- glad we agree. Now stop remaking it for every FPS franchise ever made.

Ok, now that that's over- could still be good, not very interesting to me.

Oh god damn it. Now I need a computer to play this. That looks so awesome.
EDIT: Also holy shit lighting for it looks amazing and like it actually matters.

Puzzlenaut:
If you watched this being told it was Modern Warfare 3, would you REALLY be able to call it out without prior knowledge of the video? Because I wouldn't.

I don't see why people get so worked up over how CoD outsells BF when they are almost identical to each other except for in the details.

64 players, huge maps with multiple objectives, vehicles and aircraft, no stupid perk or kill streak system. How is that like Cod again?

Well, I must say that looked pretty spiffy. "My body is ready" and whatnot.

Hm. Sure, the graphics are the best this entire generation. But... I don't know. It's lacking something.

Puzzlenaut:

The only thing similar between the COD games and BF is they both have modern versions and WWII versions. thats as far as similar goes because the gameplay is apples and oranges in differance.

I will be getting this and I didnt need that trailer to make the sale for me, though I was happy to see they did actual gameplay for the trailer compared to the COD trailers wich was almost all cinematic scenes with very little real gameplay to show off the game.

Prof. Monkeypox:
I get it games industry, CoD4 was a good game- glad we agree. Now stop remaking it for every FPS franchise ever made.

Huh? The Battlefield franchise did the whole "modern warfare" theme way before COD.

Christ, it looks like every other military FPS that came out in the last few years, except with better graphics. I was not amused.
How much more do you have to fall Battlefield? How much more?

I'm getting back into the shooter craze after a few years of "meh".

After MAG got me started after stopping Planetside, BF3 looks like a nice continuation before Dust 514 and Planetside 2 hits next year.

Now, for that graphics card and CPU upgrade...

Retardinator:
Christ, it looks like every other military FPS that came out in the last few years, except with better graphics. I was not amused.
How much more do you have to fall Battlefield? How much more?

maby it will have a good story, this is just a sample. but i will say, the light and colors on this game look a fuck ton better than previous modern shooters. alot easier on the eyes.
battlefield hasnt let me down yet.

also, dinosaurs.

Packie_J:

Prof. Monkeypox:

Huh? The Battlefield franchise did the whole "modern warfare" theme way before COD.

back when call of duty 2 wasnt even out yet if im correct.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here