Modern Warfare 3 Dev Welcomes Negative Feedback

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Zachary Amaranth:

The Cheezy One:
...thus seperating IW from developers who insist that if you don't enjoy the game, you aren't playing it right.

On the other hand, I've seen developers invite critism before, but mostly just for show. If they actually act on this, I will be very impressed.

The latter part is my issue. I've been banned from websites for devs who claim they welcome criticism before. Some people say they want feedback and interaction, but when they read your responses are very much "screw you" about it.

On the other hand, if they're paying attention, good for them.

It's like people who say "You can tell me" or "You can depend on me". People like to be able to say those things, but when it comes down to it, they can't. I can respect a man or woman who can say "I don't think I can handle that".

The thing is, if a dev doesn't say this, then the media can take it as "Even if we are wrong, we won't change a thing".

Then where are the dedicated servers? That was the one complaint people had with MW2. They brought them back with Black Ops so why take them away again? They've pretty much just handed the PC market over to EA by doing this.

Nooners:
GET. RID. OF. IWNET.

Seriously, I never wanted to get MW2, but my little brother wanted it for his birthday, and I'm a nice guy. So now I have both Bad Company 2 and MW2, and good lord, is IWnet screwy.

Incidentally, if I did a thorough video review/comparison of MW2 and BC2, how many of you would be interested in viewing it?

Sure throw it up.

The biggest complaint with this game is the insanely short Campaign and they know it. So, we will know if they care depending on how long their next game campaign lasts.

I will wait a few months before I buy this title. B3 looks a lot more promising.

Well isn't that nice.

Too bad they won't actually listen to any criticism they don't agree with.

Phoenixlight:
People just like hating the Modern Warfare games regardless of how good they are.

"People" mostly hate the second one, because it was shit. It had a campaign of four hours, three of them was entirely scripted.
It had an unbalanced multiplayer, with so terribly designed maps and weapons.
And it didn't have any dedicated servers. At all.

Anyway, I only draw one thing out of this... They weren't doing this before?!

L3m0n_L1m3:

The Cheezy One:
If they actually act on this, I will be very impressed.

Literally EVERYTHING In Modern Warfare 2 was asked for on IW's twitter page when they asked "What do you want to see in Modern Warfare 2?"

Oh dear God....that was terrible!

Seriously...I can only imagine how that looked...

Wait...

Is it archived somewhere?

I would love to read that....

They will listen to our complaints so that they can utterly disregard them and release the same game.

Perhaps they'll make the multiplayer slightly less awful, because the campaign already is doing what everyone seemed to hate even worse.

Easier said than done.
I will believe it when I see it, and by it I mean more balance, less hacking, and an easier to use mute button.
Though I must admit...if they atleast remove quick scoping, I will regain a ton of faith in IW.

Nooners:
GET. RID. OF. IWNET.

Seriously, I never wanted to get MW2, but my little brother wanted it for his birthday, and I'm a nice guy. So now I have both Bad Company 2 and MW2, and good lord, is IWnet screwy.

Incidentally, if I did a thorough video review/comparison of MW2 and BC2, how many of you would be interested in viewing it?

I am interested.

They dont listen to the players, if they did they would have released dedicated server software when the PC comunity wanted it. That was the one dick move that made me refuse to buy another COD title and i wont be buying the next COD expansion pack they call a full game.

Phoenixlight:
People just like hating the Modern Warfare games regardless of how good they are.

It's a bandwagon now to hate Call of Duty. People just need someone to blame for the current wave of FPSes.

OT: Weapon balancing pretty please! Also, and this may be a stretch now, but just attempt to bring the plot down to Earth (even if the world is...on fire).

Locko96:

It's a bandwagon now to hate Call of Duty. People just need someone to blame for the current wave of FPSes.

It always cracks me up that people think CoD hate is a "bandwagon," since I've always seen the most virulent CoD hate from people (like myself) who played CoD, then played a shooter that's actually good and realized what we were missing.

On topic, glad to hear that they're at least giving lip service to accepting criticism. IMO, if they fixed a few things:

1. Point system/killstreak system that rewards "lone wolf" behavior over teamplay.
2. Spawn system - people need to be spawning away from enemies and near allies to support teamplay and remove random deaths.
3. No IWNet.

People have a lot of issues with stuff like commando lunges, akimbo g18s, (pre-nerf) akimbo 1887's, and so on, but you're always going to have balance issues in any game. The most important fixes (and the ones that IW is least likely to make) are the macro-level ones.

Here's a criticism: Stop make the same game every year and charging $60 for it. Five games based on the same engine? Really?

I hope they can tell the difference between critics and people simply spouting irrational hate.

Sniper Team 4:
I hope they can tell the difference between critics and people simply spouting irrational hate.

This is Call of Duty we're talking about.

It'll get irrational hate from people who just want to hate on something popular because it makes them feel part of something.

bringer of illumination:
Well isn't that nice.

Just like that.

IW cannot win.

Well, then, I guess It's time to cancel the game, fire the development team, and work on something totally different.

Well I told them how I hated the XP System and how it made things more difficult to have fun with because you may be good with a sniper rifle,but the guy next to you has a rocket launcher that you won't get until level 394

I'm glad they are doing this, because I have a real problem with the lack of dinosaurs in their game.

SamStar42:

Sniper Team 4:

This is Call of Duty we're talking about.

It'll get irrational hate from people who just want to hate on something popular because it makes them feel part of something.

bringer of illumination:
Well isn't that nice.

Just like that.

IW cannot win.

True. They simply can't do anything to win people over, b/c then t hey will smite them for trying to and if they don't they will smite them for that.

Bowling is no MW3 dev, just a poor liar.

IW (or what remains of it) has never listened to criticism. Otherwise, MW2 would not have been released lacking dedi servers, LAN, modding, mapping and so many other features we used to take for granted.

Yeah, joining twitter was such a great decision for bowling. Just answer to all the guys that say that love your game, and ignore the critics. I don't know how much they pay him, but he doesn't deserve a dime for it.

Another puff article for MW3. Great.

I really don't know how this qualifies as news...

I still have trouble calling them "Infinity Ward" anymore lol

Too little too late. No one cares. Sounds like one of the IW boys got an alpha to BF3 & just shat their lazy dev pants.

MW3 but you can run around paris, BF3 but you can blow up bits of Paris in LAV's, with suppression & excellent animation and lighting levels with realistic behaviour firearms and proper knife kill animations.

You get rewarded for helping to shoot at people, variable shot selection, deformable terrain, DEDICATED SERVERS, oh yeah and jets, choppers, boats, huge maps, 64 players and seriously fuck you IW I stopped buying your shit years ago your model is dead any moron buying your product deserves everything they get.

COD 2 rest in peace, We will exterminate the inbred clones they hollowed out from your pure DNA, we will hunt them like the abominations they are.

Just let it die...just do it....

LondonBeer:
Too little too late. No one cares. Sounds like one of the IW boys got an alpha to BF3 & just shat their lazy dev pants.

MW3 but you can run around paris, BF3 but you can blow up bits of Paris in LAV's, with suppression & excellent animation and lighting levels with realistic behaviour firearms and proper knife kill animations.

You get rewarded for helping to shoot at people, variable shot selection, deformable terrain, DEDICATED SERVERS, oh yeah and jets, choppers, boats, huge maps, 64 players and seriously fuck you IW I stopped buying your shit years ago your model is dead any moron buying your product deserves everything they get.

COD 2 rest in peace, We will exterminate the inbred clones they hollowed out from your pure DNA, we will hunt them like the abominations they are.

Funny yet so true.... didn't we see this coming after E3 though?

Well then they're going to love Yahtzee aren't they?

ReservoirAngel:
Hopefully they listen to a lot of people and try to calm themselves the fuck down with this series. It won't bore us to death if we go a minute or two without something exploding.

captcha: your erection. what the... *runs*

Captcha is really, really naughty, ain't it?
Back on topic: I hope they actually take the fan suggestions that are LOGICAL and don't UNBALANCE the game like what happened Modern Wanker Warfare 2, thank you very much.

You see I'd be more impressed if it said 'welcomes legitimate and constructive negative feedback.' They need to be able to sort out 'shit' ideas and stupid complaints from the ideas that make actual sense and would improve the game.

That aside, perhaps they should mention this a tad earlier instead of a few months before release.

LONGER SINGLEPLAYER!!!!!
seriously 7,s took me one afternoon!

SamStar42:

LondonBeer:

MASTER RACE YEAH

Fuck you, you're not better than someone for not buying a game. Also, you do realise it's possible that BF3 could flop? Don't champion a game you haven't played yet.

How do you know that he havent played it yet?

personally the COD games the last few years have been great, I really don't get the hate. Every complain about COD can probably be said about Halo and BF if you've been playing those every iteration. Funny thing is anyone who switches to COD that played the last 4 Bfs will find it a refreshing change. The only complain I have about COD is the atrocious matchmaking. Playing against a full clan of prestige 10+ where half of my team hasn't prestiged once gets old real quick, not to mention the lag advantage large parties get which is BS, I know because when I'm the one in the large party going against a group of randoms it's the same thing very unfair.It's odd that everyone complain about the weird fanboy things but the actual issues with the game no one mentions. Lets hope people on twitter complain about actual issues instead of just saying to "change it."

Random Argument Man:
I wonder if they'll accept any criticisms...

"Dear I.W, I will not buy Modern Warfare 3 unless there's a mode that requires every player to wear a tutu".

Could you imagine the outcry? Thank you, Good Sir/Ma'am...I needed that laugh.

Yes, ask the internet for how to do something. That always turns out well.

K V MAN:

Random Argument Man:
I wonder if they'll accept any criticisms...

"Dear I.W, I will not buy Modern Warfare 3 unless there's a mode that requires every player to wear a tutu".

i second your suggestion, and allow me to add, "top hats"

Or go like Team Fortress and have tons of Hats and shizz!!

Alright, heres some critism, your game is going to be super laggy online, super buggy that breaks the game, long load times, over hyped, over stupid, repetitive, tedious, full of useless guns and perks, full of shitty mission and very useless narative, online won't change to allow new players any skill, no skill in relation of perk vs perk, all previous classes that allowed no skill will still exist without having to create, kids will be playing and obnoxious on first day, sniper rifle still broken to be insta kill, no scopes and half scopes are all bugs that haven't been fixed, so fix them, and it will have a annoying manual with a picture of a middle finger saying "REAL MEN don't need a manual" no woman soliders, male soliders and woman solider look the same, when I shoot a man, don't give him a invicibility and instead kill me because he has the VISION O KILL perk, and finally, your game will be praised for being the best tedious shit to come out of the CoD franchise since 4, theres the reasons why I'm not getting it, and reasons why everyone think its the wholiest piece of shit because its realistic warfare, not fun warfare.

rest is just replies

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or