Help Irrational Choose Its New BioShock Infinite T-Shirt

Help Irrational Choose Its New BioShock Infinite T-Shirt

Do you prefer Art Nouveau, or happy, flying dogs? It's just one of the tough choices in Irrational's t-shirt contest.

Irrational Games, the studio that gave us BioShock, needs your help in choosing the design for a new BioShock Infinite t-shirt. The shortlist is made up of five designs created by BioShock fans, and voted for by Irrational staff.

The brief was simple: taking inspiration from BioShock Infinite, create a design that would look good on a grey t-shirt. As you can see, the ominous Songbird - a biomechanical horror that serves as Elizabeth's companion and jailer in equal measure - loomed pretty large in many of the artists' mind. Another took inspiration from Art Nouveau of the early 20th century, creating an advert for an aerial circus. The fifth and final design features a rather charming flying dog; he doesn't look particularly bright, but definitely looks like he's enjoying himself.

The winning artist will not only see his or her design made into an actual, official BioShock Infinite t-shirt that will be handed out at events, but will also win a Murder of Crows vigor bottle - as seen above. While the Art Nouveau design is my personal favorite, all five would make pretty stunning t-shirts. You can vote for your favorite on the Irrational blog. You'll have to be quick though; voting closes at 11.59PM EST on Monday, August 1st.

Source: Irrational Games

Personally, I like #3 (Black Songbird), but you can't deny the charm of that flying dog.

Woah, when did this site decide to get metal?
I take the songbird, the first one.
Puppies, for me. It's a perfect mascot of the BFF empire
...Really? You still hang up on that?

I don't know, option 1 is the prettiest, but that flying dog.... it's hypnotizing.

I'm definitely liking the third one.

Simple and it doesn't exactly scream "video game t-shirt".

The flying Dog one is a close second.

I dont like any of them :/ ot seeing the appeal of them, eecially the dog.

I voted for the fourth. Just looks badass.

I also enjoy the 4th

I voted for number five but it has the least amount of votes :( At least the first one is winning. It will be nice to have a shirt that doesn't scream VIDEO GAMESSSS.

I don't think number 6 is a t-shirt design, I go for number two, that's the best one

Quiet Stranger:
I don't think number 6 is a t-shirt design, I go for number two, that's the best one

Urr, no, it isn't. It's the Murder of Crows vigor I mention in the last paragraph.

i voted for the 2nd one but the dog is pretty awesome aswell, i just dont really like the writing on it

I voted for #1. Seems all whimsical and enchanting and whatnot, and something that people who are not "in the know" will truly appreciate.

I'm counting on you guys to take the horse and revert it to a pony, then submit and win.

Fluttershy plz.

Gotta go for the grungy-looking #4...may be the most conventional but it's also the most aesthetically consistent.

Edit:

Jumplion:
I voted for #1. Seems all whimsical and enchanting and whatnot, and something that people who are not "in the know" will truly appreciate.

I'm a big fan of stealth geek stuff too, but I dunno if even someone who is "in the know" would get it himself...I mean there's not much alluding to Bioshock Infinite besides the fact that it includes a lot of aerial stuff...if anything, it looks more like it's referencing Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Dog one all the way. I still wear their PAX one all the time that they threw out to the crowds. It has the dog but with wheels for hind legs. So adorable.

4th one, I like it.

Definitely like the fourth one, though they're all pretty nice. I'd buy a few.

For me all but the 5th one looks appealing. #2 and #3 look the best, as I really like the intigration of the Song Bird in the city (looks almost like an ominous moon that always watches you), but my vote will probably go to #3 for the pure simplicity

I like them all... I can't decide.

Three is brilliant. Too bad it's losing (only 17% of the vote)

Crap, the one that's winning is the only one I don't like. I was split between 3 and 5, but I chose 3 because the fifth one screamed "inside joke" just a little too loudly.

SirCannonFodder:
Three is brilliant. Too bad it's losing (only 17% of the vote)

18 with my vote.

Damn you Irrational! I want them ALL

Gee, both #4 and number #5 are good, but #3 is ALSO pretty awesome. This is a lot harder a choice than it should be...

Captcha: do not steal

Lol.

I like each of the designs in their own way, but seeing as we're going for the one I would want to wear on a t-shirt, I've gone for #3. It's not too loud and crazy, while still managing to look quite striking. I like.

Ilikemilkshake:
i voted for the 2nd one but the dog is pretty awesome aswell, i just dont really like the writing on it

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who loves the simplicity of the second. I just wish the first was more Mucha, and less sideshow. That man was a fucking genius:

The far left one (The horse) is pretty slick. I'd go with that. #3 is also pretty good.

Oh my God, Irrational. Stop screwing around with your contests and questions and release the game already!

OT: I do like the fourth one.

Chose the fourth one. Would have been better with a bit more colour on, but oh well.

This voting on stuff has gotten out of hand. If it's going to be actually IN the game, then I understand, but t-shirts? I mean, how hard would it be to make and sell all five?

6 :) I love the logo design.

Design 3. I like how it uses a minimalist style; it's simple and striking, which is exactly what you want on a shirt.

Number 1 for me..

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here