Brink Gets Free to Play Weekend on Steam

Pages PREV 1 2

it's really funny to compare the reaction this got on here with the one it got on RPS:

escapist: "who gives a fuck", "it sucks anyway", "it's just another TF2 clone".

RPS: "free trial, that's awesome! we don't get enough of these anymore", "well the reviews were lukewarm but I'll give it a try","RPS admins: we'll set-up a server for you guys."

I like the Escapist articles and features...but it's ridiculous how much the community is a cesspool of negativity and empty posturing :(

GrandmaFunk:
it's really funny to compare the reaction this got on here with the one it got on RPS:

RPS: "free trial, that's awesome! we don't get enough of these anymore", "well the reviews were lukewarm but I'll give it a try","RPS admins: we'll set-up a server for you guys."

I like the Escapist articles and features...but it's ridiculous how much the community is a cesspool of negativity and empty posturing :(

Yeah, didn't RPS give the game a relatively positive review?

They are usually much more positive in general though.

GrandmaFunk:

Thats one of the reasons why i love RPS, all the comments are always witty (often quoting DEUS EX) and/or insightfull and rarely boil down into rage and ill-judged complaints. That and the fact the news post nearly always have hillarious puns

I have TF2,I don't need that shit. Besides,I have better things to do then play BRINK.

I never really do the free to play weekends, I generally know if I'm interested in buying a game and downloading a game that is between 5-15gigs to play for a day or two (likly only a few hours) is just too much work.

I always think companies do the free to play weekends the wrong way, make people interested in your game and then do the free to play stuff don't do free to play months after the release and everyone has seen a million reviews that go 'meh it's okay'.

For example I am very tempted to get the From Dust game that Ubisoft is releasing despite promising myself I'd not buy another ubisoft game because of their crappy decision regarding always on internet DRM. If they had done a free to play week end as the game was released I might have caved.

Sgt. Dante:
But TF2 is F2P forever... WHy would you want a cheap imitation?

you do realise that splash damage the developers of brink have made 2 class based shooters before brink both of which came out before tf2 and from what I've heard are more like those games than tf2.

Sgt. Dante:

The same as TF2, it's prettymuch the best class based shooter out there. Every genre has it's "goto" example of how things "should" be done, and any game of that type will and perhaps should inevitably be comapred to that gold-standard title.

i also feel that wolfenstein enemy territory one of splash damage's class based shooters that was released before tf2 is a better example of how things should be done due to some balance issues in tf2

The amount of TF2 fanbois that bash anything that isn't TF2 is becoming ridiculous at this point. Especially now that TF2 is free to play. You all act like nothing else in the world is good enough. Brink is not a bad game, it just doesn't cater to everyone.

Sgt. Dante:
But TF2 is F2P forever... WHy would you want a cheap imitation?

*take a shot*

But really, it's all about spamming grenades and killing, nobody does the objectives.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.