Neo-Nazis Faked Out by Trick T-Shirts

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Neo-Nazis Faked Out by Trick T-Shirts

Neo-Nazis in Germany got a morning-after surprise when they discovered that the souvenir t-shirts they were given at a nationalist right-wing concert actually contained a secret, anti-extremism message.

Attendees at a "Rock for Germany" concert probably thought the t-shirts being handed out by festival organizers, emblazoned with a skull, flags and a "hardcore rebel" logo, were seriously hard-ass rockin'. But things changed rather dramatically when the shirts were washed [and yes, it would seem that even skinheads occasionally do laundry]: the gnarly artwork and "National und Frei" disappeared, replaced with a message offering assistance to anyone who wanted to escape the influence of the far right.

"If your t-shirt can do it, you can do it too - we'll help you get away from far-right extremism," the post-washing shirts said.

250 of the shirts were donated anonymously to the festival by Exit Deutschland, a group dedicated to assisting people seeking to break free of the militant neo-Nazi lifestyle. "Rock for Germany" organizers naturally played down the significance of the stunt; Gordon Richter, who's also a member of the far-right NPD party, said, "It's kind of pathetic that anyone spent money for something like that."

But Exit Deutschland founder Bernd Wagner seemed satisfied that the t-shirts had accomplished their purpose of spreading an anti-extremism message to a hostile audience, not to mention the international attention they've attracted to his cause. "We wanted to raise awareness about our program, especially among the young and less committed," he said.

Well played, sir. Well played indeed.

Source: Toronto Sun

hahaha, that is awesome!

Trolling, awesome style.

I love those guys, absolutely genius.

Well, that was rather clever. Both the idea for the t-shirts and getting your opponents to distribute them for you.

I wish more of my clothes came with a secret message.

That would never convey the message at all, it would just piss people off.

Well, top marks for inventiveness.

Reminds me of that conservation stunt with the fake gunshot shirts.

Always hilarious to play tricks on boneheads (racist skinheads) since they're already so laughable to begin with.

Great... now I'm going to go and wash all of my shirts and T-shirts that I have and ever bought and will buy, JUST in case someone is trying to message me secretly...

That's...I'm not gonna lie, that's purely hilarious. Pure, Russian-standard, triple-distilled hilarious.

Indeed, well played.

lol... the funny thing is that theres a "firm" in switzerland who will help you with your suicide - who is named EXIT :) that would be the better message.

xHipaboo420x:

I'm sure they're worried that the NEO-NAZIS who didn't get the message are upset at them. The one's who didn't get the message are as thick-headed, and intelligent, as rocks. I'm surprised most of the skinheads can make it outside in the morning without accidentally killing themselves on their breakfast cereals.

xHipaboo420x:

It would, lets face it the right wing extremists have been known for their jovial and carefree mannerisms. I think it was part of something more. Something bigger.

This was just an attempt to grab the attention of the less extreme .. umm. extremist and maybe get the attention of those who aren't exactly happy being in a group of skinheads. Regardless of individual intelligence/cleanliness/aggressiveness right-wing extremists are most likely people to.

Good on you Exit Deutschland

So this is making new worldwide? Then it definitely achieved its goal.
I can only tip my hat to these clever people who invented the trojan t-shirt.

RvLeshrac:

I'm sure they're worried that the NEO-NAZIS who didn't get the message are upset at them. The one's who didn't get the message are as thick-headed, and intelligent, as rocks. I'm surprised most of the skinheads can make it outside in the morning without accidentally killing themselves on their breakfast cereals.

That's a stereotype. I'm not Neo-Nazi, but the right-wing extremists I have known are all intelligent, thoughtful people. Construe their politics as wrong all you want, but don't underestimate their mental capabilities. They are people too.

xHipaboo420x:

So they pissed off skinheads, mission accomplished if you ask me.

They still can't bring Daniel back.
Cookie for the referrence.

I did not realize Neo-Nazis were so prevelent. I assumed they were comparable to the KKK in the US. Still around, but more hidden, not very powerful, and pissing in the woods.

I am actually pretty impressed at this. Effective or not, it was pretty clever.

xHipaboo420x:

RvLeshrac:

That's a stereotype. I'm not Neo-Nazi, but the right-wing extremists I have known are all intelligent, thoughtful people. Construe their politics as wrong all you want, but don't underestimate their mental capabilities. They are people too.

Extremists by nature are not intelligent, thoughtful people. People, yes. Intelligent and thoughtful? They wouldn't be extremists. Extremists are hotheaded, narrow-minded egotists that have fallen to propaganda and hate rhetoric (which feeds off their own unchecked hatreds, no less), 99% of the time.

OT: As I have just watched American History X, I have to say I am more than pleased to see this. Skinheads and other racists piss me off to no end, and they either need to be detained until they are rehabilitated, or simply detained so they cannot hurt racial minorities in society any longer, simply for being a racial minority.

That's pretty great. I have to say, very clever.

This makes me happy, I salute the idea.

Extremism doesn't necessarily preclude intelligence. Leon Trotsky was a very clever man, to give the first example that springs to mind.

As for the t-shirts; good work, I think it's a very laudable initiative. Thinking about it, usually you're alone when you wash your clothes/get dressed, so the message catches people in private, away from peer pressure. Which would make it easier to act on doubts that someone in an extremist crowd couldn't say out loud.

I'm trying to think how a shirt can do that and you not notice when you pick it up/put it on

eh, still cool.

inb4Rickroll.

Actually, screw that. I want a shirt of this wash-n-morph type that becomes a full portrait of Rick Astley. Just to mess with people.
Maybe it could start off as a My Little Pony shirt.

ShadowsofHope:
Extremists by nature are not intelligent, thoughtful people. People, yes. Intelligent and thoughtful? They wouldn't be extremists. Extremists are hotheaded, narrow-minded egotists that have fallen to propaganda and hate rhetoric (which feeds off their own unchecked hatreds, no less), 99% of the time.

Unfair stereotypes do as unfair stereotypes are.

ShadowsofHope:

OT: As I have just watched American History X, I have to say I am more than pleased to see this. Skinheads and other racists piss me off to no end, and they either need to be detained until they are rehabilitated, or simply detained so they cannot hurt racial minorities in society any longer, simply for being a racial minority.

I thought the real beauty of that film was that it didn't demonise the main character but showed his journey of redemption. Racists aren't necessarily evil or stupid, to a certain extent it's a natural reaction but our duty as human beings is to try and rise above it.

No_Remainders:
Trolling, awesome style.

I love those guys, absolutely genius.

my thoughts exactly.
but how did they do it? magic? it was magic, wasnt it?

That's really clever.

How long before someone remakes the Downfall video to talk about this?

Anyway, top work.

You'd be amazed how many thoughtful intelligent people get swept up in this. Extremists are no more stereotypical than we are.

Hell, the NASI party wouldn't have got going without at least a few thoughtful people on board who were "swayed".

ShadowsofHope:

xHipaboo420x:

RvLeshrac:

Not all Skinheads are racist, just putting that out there.

Dusty Fred:
Extremism doesn't necessarily preclude intelligence. Leon Trotsky was a very clever man, to give the first example that springs to mind.

Then Lenin killed him and photoshopped him out of existence. Also Communism is a retarded economically crippling system that is easily as bad, if not worse, than what they replaced.

Saelune:
I did not realize Neo-Nazis were so prevelent. I assumed they were comparable to the KKK in the US. Still around, but more hidden, not very powerful, and pissing in the woods.

well, they are. What about this post makes you think they would be an accepted pillar of our community?

klasbo:
inb4Rickroll.

Actually, screw that. I want a shirt of this wash-n-morph type that becomes a full portrait of Rick Astley. Just to mess with people.
Maybe it could start off as a My Little Pony shirt.

nice

I'd have trolled them a bit harder than offering the ma way out.

It is EASY to leave far-right groups, if you want to.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here