Serious Sam 3 Gets a Release Date and a Serious - UPDATED

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Finally a shooter game that for years looks, dare I say it...FUN!!!

Looks fantastic. Been said many a time but this is what DNF should have been. Croteam know what they're doing and they can do it well. They will be getting my money.

Funny, I was just playing Serious Sam: the First Encounter HD the other night. I was making my way through the Memphis Metropolis area on my way to the Temple of Ptah and had just crossed the spiked pit trap. After disposing of about 20 Syrian Bulls by tricking them into charging me when I had my back to the pit then neatly sidestepping, I continued down the path to encounter literally 200 Kleer skeletons. As I was overwhelmed by the bony horde, my Minigun spitting defiance and hot lead all the time, I was left wondering "what the FUCK went wrong with the FPS genre?"

Could not be happier for this game. I thought Duke Nukem coming out and being generally shit was the final punchline to the decade-long joke of its development but I was wrong- SERIOUS SAM 3 is the final punchline!

Hey, Gearbox. You see this?

Yeah. That's what I thought.

OT: But how am I supposed to pay for this and the other four dozen games I want this winter?

So...serious...

They just don't make CEO's like they used to, now do they?

can we get this on xbla please?

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

SteelStallion:
Was anyone else thinking about "adding more bacon strips" while watching this video?

Haha, yeah. With the music in the background for some reason I kept imagining some dude whispering "and more bacon strips" in my ear

maybe...

maybe it's a subliminal message

teh_Canape:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

SteelStallion:
Was anyone else thinking about "adding more bacon strips" while watching this video?

Haha, yeah. With the music in the background for some reason I kept imagining some dude whispering "and more bacon strips" in my ear

maybe...

This just in: the new Serious Sam will have "Bacon strips" flash up on the screen at random intervals as part of a subliminal viral marketing campaign.

I watched that trailer and kept thinking "this looks like what Duke Nukem Forever should have been."

Between that and that quote about the guy's wife's boob job, I almost want to preorder this.

Did they steal the energy whip thing from Bulletstorm?

Still looks like tonnes of fun :D

Phlakes:
how am I supposed to pay for this and the other four dozen games I want this winter?

I know right :(

Skyrim, Saints Row 3, Battlefield 3, Minecraft 360 and countless others, now this!?

Being a kid with no money sucks haha. Well I'm lucky to get those so...
^_^ we'll see ha

OT: Looks amazing, got the First and Second Encounter games when they were on sale earlier this year off of Xbox Live, great games.

Seriously though, too many gaemz!

Epic Meal Time music? Is one of the multiplayer characters Muscles Glasses?

I'll wait for more info to see if there is enough new stuff added to be worthy of pre-ordering although I'm loving the look of that melee weapon and I hope we get to fight that massive crocodile thing.

There is only man that can bring back the crazy fun blow the shit out of everything style of the 90s fps and its all up to serious sam.But the trailer looks like has a really good chance of being awesome and old school

A leash, nice! Dig at Bulletstorm?

teh_Canape:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

SteelStallion:

maybe...

A subbaconal message? I have no bacon what you're baconing about.

Oh thank god they didn't mess it up. It looks like the good ol' Serious Sam I knew and loved when it first came out. And was that a Sirian Weretiger getting torn in half by a depleted uranium cannonball I saw? I'd have to say this was already on my must buy list, but now I think it jumped to the top. I miss running around mindlessly filling enemies full of lead with a minigun.

EHKOS:
The one thing I hated about SS is the annoying constant screams of the kamikaze.

Got only one thing to say to that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzGp014ZgW4

I'm definitely going to check this game out. There's a LAN party coming up a few weeks after this release. Gonna be fun :).

Damn, that looks just awesome. Those guys with no heads and 2 bombs strapped to their arms were always the most hilarious enemy in any video game. The way they scream when they're coming at you, and they have no head! I love 'em.

i think i have to change my pants now. :P
already own the HD versions of SS. now i just have to wait until my bank hopefully gives me my new credit card so that i can pre order it. well, got time till october. and wow, a leash witch reminded of bulletstorm. looks fun though. im sure i will use it a lot.
finally a serious game for a change :D

It's....it's so damn beautiful. I seriously can't wait to play this. Serious Sam has always been a ton of fun, and this looks like it's going to be a blast.

Oh good, I was sick and tired of cover based shooters. Not that there's anything wrong with cover based, it's just getting boring.

Can't say that I like the aesthetics of the graphics. Serious Sam games were very colorful, this one seems to have gone the way of modern brown FPSs... But oh well, as long as the gameplay stays on track Croteam will have my money.

PC exclusive only sweetens the deal :D

Kaleion:
It looks seriously awesome and I watched the headless kamikaze video too it was great, wish my PC could run it but it barely runs Doom 1 so I seriously doubt it.

Uh, time for a new PC buddy. Get rid of the 486.

The whole "PC exclusive" thing is a bit unclear at this stage; the October 18 date, as far as I know, is PC only, and I haven't seen anything definite about console releases. Even the Serious Sam website lists the game as being for "PC and console," which usually means that no specific console platform has been nailed down. Still, calling it a "PC exclusive" isn't exactly correct, so I've changed the wording a bit to hopefully reflect the situation a little more accurately. Thanks to everyone who pointed it out.

Someone wanna summarize what Serious Sam is all about, and what differentiates it from Duke Nukem? I've been giving it a look (especially from the Steam sale) and don't know much about the series, so some advice would be good before taking the plunge.

This is going to be so awesome I just can't wait for it to be released!!! I've always been a fan of the Serious Sam series.. partly because of the game play, which is insane and gory and intense and all that good stuff, and partly because it's developed by a group of developers hailing from my neighboring country, Croatia.. Love you guys, keep up the good work.

Never played a Serious Sam...I think it's about time I change that. This looks pretty bad ass!

I've never played Serious Sam. Considering how much I love Doom and Painkiller, I think I should.
Also, I like the "NO COVER, ALL MAN." slogan. I wish another game featuring another over the top protagonist would've done the same.

Shoggoth2588:
Never played a Serious Sam...I think it's about time I change that. This looks pretty bad ass!

Oh, you've been missing out. It's definitely a solid entry in the classic Doom/Painkiller vein, with swarms of enemies fended off with exquisitely powerful weaponry. I'd definitely recommend picking up First and Second Encounter (but for the love of all that is bacony, stay away from Serious Sam 2... it didn't do the franchise justice).

For some reason it was the shotgun I found most satisfying to watch, reminds me of the ones you used to get in Time splitters.

I'm pretty psyched for this game.

Just so any Serious Sam fans can clarify. What exactly is the setting of this game? I've heard Egypt just like First Encounter, which admittedly puts me off a bit, I tired pretty quickly of the setting first time around. Will Sam be rampaging through more varied surrounds this time around?

Great. I go for almost two years, with no games coming out that I really wanted besides Portal and SC2, and now ALL of the games I want are coming out this fall. It's ridiculous. I haven't even had time for Deus Ex yet, then Serious Sam, then Skyrim, The Old Republic... on top of college.

Now that's what I'm talking about!

I don't really see what the fuzz is about...

Granted, that whip thing looked pretty neat.

darksideslayer13:

EHKOS:
The one thing I hated about SS is the annoying constant screams of the kamikaze.

I feared that sound more then anything in the game

I feared that sound more than any other enemy in any other game. :)

Especially when you couldn't see them...

Abedeus:
I like the description on Steam.

NO COVER. REAL MAN.

If only the prices weren't Draconian on Steam....

Try living in Australia

OT: Pre-ordered the special edition, and man is this shit about to go off!! played TFE and TSE and enjoyed the heck out of both, not looking forward to all the reviews that will kick the dead horse of making puns and jokes involved with the word serious though. not only is it obvious, it is equally pretentious.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here