Deus Ex Gets Metroid Treatment in New DLC

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Deus Ex Gets Metroid Treatment in New DLC

The Missing Link DLC will see Adam Jensen trying to escape a conspiracy-laden sea freighter without the help of his augmentations.

Following its Human Revolution ARG escapade, Eidos Montreal has announced the development of the game's first DLC package. Missing Link will see lead character Adam Jensen drop off the grid for three days as he attempts to escape a Belltower-owned freighter (or, as rumor has it, an evil prison-boat). His usual augmentations will all have been disabled, forcing him to think his way to freedom.

The story will be tied directly to Human Revolution's plot, with Eidos Montreal producer David Anfossi adding that it will "allow fans to be able to complete Adam's journey in the game." He will apparently uncover "another layer to the conspiracy that he never would have expected," continued Anfossi.

Crucially, all of Adam's augmentations will be disabled. Anfossi said that this will allow players to see a more "vulnerable" side of the lead character while challenging them to adopt new styles of play. But before you start thinking that your teeth will be your only weapons, Anfossi added that "mysterious new allies" will be present to help Adam on his journey through the ship.

Speculation surrounding this DLC announcement has been circling the internet for days, following on from the successful conclusion of Eidos Montreal's Human Revolution ARG and the details released about how much of the original game the developers had to cut out. Conspiracy-fueled fans and commentators managed to predict the DLC and its prison-boat component, but I don't think anyone saw an augmentation-free Adam coming. Who are these "mysterious new allies," I wonder?

Eidos Montreal have yet to announce a release date or give any indiction of the price tag for Missing Link.

Source: Exophase

i ams excited!

Wait, if his augmentations are disabled then how is he even alive? How can he see? Or hear?

...or walk or do anything with his arms? He is basically a human brain in a robot body.

Edit: And vulnerable side? Christ, Give Me Deus Ex level and I felt pretty vulnerable. Any more vulnerable and a stern look will be enough to finish me off.

So you control a guy with floppy arms and rubber legs?

EverythingIncredible:
Wait, if his augmentations are disabled then how is he even alive? How can he see? Or hear?

C´mere! I´ll bite yer legs off!

Glad to see there will be dlc it definitely one of the better games to come out in a while.

@EverythingIncredible: MAGIC. It's like the EMP grenades. They stop all machines except the ones that keep you alive.

I feel a little stupid. I was pretty sad that I finished the game so quickly, and wished there was more of it. I didn't even consider a DLC pack!

This takes place after the main story it seems, so maybe we get to find out what really happens.

Fix the typo in the title plz... Metriod ? I guess METROID...

As long as it doesn't come with that irritating "wibbly" screen like the game gave me when Zhao shut the augments down.

Apart from that i'm hoping it at least fills in some blanks left from the end of the game so far.

Mr. 47:
@EverythingIncredible: MAGIC. It's like the EMP grenades. They stop all machines except the ones that keep you alive.

I feel a little stupid. I was pretty sad that I finished the game so quickly, and wished there was more of it. I didn't even consider a DLC pack!

This takes place after the main story it seems, so maybe we get to find out what really happens.

actually i think by the picture its a midquel or however you would put it. it takes place in the 3 days you were missing in the middle of the games story after you put yourself to sleep in that cryopod. which is odd as it didn't seem like there was anything missing but ok.

oh and escapist if you look at the deus ex website instead of using another news site as your source says its coming in october

Better he gets the "Metroid" treatment than the "Other M" treatment.

Sarif did not authorize use of augmentations. And Adam breaks down and cries in front of Lawrence until Faridah steps in to save him. Also, every other word is "The baby" and his clothes dissolve every 30 minutes.

Huh. So if I understand this correctly, this DLC has direct correlation to the main story.

I hate these kinds of DLC. You're supposed to pay 60 bucks for the whole game, not 60 bucks for an incomplete game and then who knows how much more for the rest of it.

To those asking about it being after themain games ending:

I'm quite interested in what this DLC will be like though, I absolutely loved the game.

good, can't wait :P

I'm their bitch now. They've made an amazing game and I will buy anything Deus Ex related.

Is there a good reason why his augmentations are off, or is it just because?

kurupt87:
...or walk or do anything with his arms? He is basically a human brain in a robot body.

Edit: And vulnerable side? Christ, Give Me Deus Ex level and I felt pretty vulnerable. Any more vulnerable and a stern look will be enough to finish me off.

If you want a ghost rating it IS enough to finish you off :P

Guessing it just means the "military" augs. Typhoon, vision, cloak. Since you may need the inventory aug for a start. Lifting aug would be nice too.

Yeah, I'm definitely NOT getting this. They're disabling one of the main reasons I bought the game: Augmentations. Seriously, we get a taste of how vulnerable you are in the tutorial, I don't need a DLC like that. Hell, even with all the Dermal Armor upgrades enemies can still shred you like tissue paper out in the open. How else will they make you change your playstyle, I mostly used stealth in the game. Which they kind of force on you from the beginning to be honest if you ask me. Still, good game though I couldn't stop playing it till the end.

Echer123:
Is there a good reason why his augmentations are off, or is it just because?

If I was to guess, it's so they couldn't track him aboard the freighter.

Won't buy this. Maybe just read the spoilers online. I don't think I bought a single DLC expanding thing to any game this generation. The only thing that could possibly motivate me to buy a Deus Ex 3 DLC is another hub area and actual pseudo philosophical type discussions that were in the first two games. :(

Flamezdudes:

I'm quite interested in what this DLC will be like though, I absolutely loved the game.

I'm sorry but, Singapore.

OT:Not getting this, it's no fun without augs and I play games for fun.

YES! cant wait gimmy gimmy gimmy!!

I don't understand how can all his augmentations be off, isn't the guy like -entirely- augmented, legs, chest, and arms? You turn them off he'll just die, no breathing, heart beat etc etc.

Guys don't take everything so literally. They probably mean that his augmented abilities are turned off. And it's just a video game. You don't need to take it so seriously. It will be made that way to provide you with a challenge, not a meaningless debate.

What's the point of this DLC? I mean, I wasn't asking about what happened between Adam sneaking onto the boat and then getting off it. I guess they'll make it worth our while though, so I ever do buy the game instead of renting it, I'll probably get the DLC anyway.

I have no idea what this has to do with Metroid... :S

Hm...so is this taking place after the end of the game, or before it? I haven't beat it yet--just killed the second boss, who I don't understand why others were having problems with--but I'm curious where this is supposed to fall in the story line.

Also, I want my augs back! I've bled for them enough, and now you're taking them away? I better be able to shoot people and still knock them out then.

EHKOS:

Flamezdudes:

I'm sorry but, Singapore.

OT:Not getting this, it's no fun without augs and I play games for fun.

Oh shit yeah, sorry. Signapore... *facepalm* Thanks.

I'll be the bad guy who yells cash grab.

Am I the only one who thought that by 'Metroid Treatment', the writer meant we'd be able to see Adam in a bikini at the end of the game? :X

As long as I don't have to hack, I'm alright. I have EVERY SINGLE hacking augment, and I die in like 5 bullets (dermal armor is for pussies).

"guess what guys! You will be allowed to pay us more money for story content and you get to play it without any of your useful skills!". Are you kidding me? This is the most sorry ass excuse for DLC I've seen in a while, which is quite an impressive accomplishment in itself.

Taerdin:
I have no idea what this has to do with Metroid... :S

In metroid prime (i haven't played any other metroid series) samus loses all her abilities nearly right away.
Adam jensen is losing all of his abilities in the DLC..

OP: I probably won't buy it because the original full game is good enough, and i refuse to pay for dlc ever. It should just come with the game if they wanted it. Unless it's like a whole new continent or something but it's not.

Yeah, I'll totally buy this, because I like playing as a gimp with about as much survivability as a tree in a cloud of agent orange.

I thought he got out in the game. Why would he even need to leave the pod? In the game, it's as if he never got out. This DLC is completely pointless.

EverythingIncredible:

I think basic Life Support augments are still working but they just disabled stuff like the bigger lung.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.