Rumor: Russian Skyrim Map Leaked

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Rumor: Russian Skyrim Map Leaked

The land of Skyrim is going to be big. Really, really big.

Late Sunday night, members of a Russian Elder Scrolls fan site posted what they claimed to be a map of Skyrim, pulled from a Collectors Edition of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim they somehow managed to get their hands on at Russian gaming expo Igromir. Fake or not, it's certainly impressive.

The map features nine large cities, each marked with a different crest, with the landscape between them dotted with seven smaller towns. Surrounding the whole affair are mountains except to the North, where the Sea of Ghosts hugs the broken shoreline. Lakes, rivers, roads, and other points of interest make up the remainder of the world.

And there is a lot of world to fill. Don't get me wrong, Oblivion featured a hefty amount of Cyrodiil to play around in, but a side-by-side comparison of Skyrim and Cyrodiil (which is pretty easy, considering they share a border) shows that while Cyrodiil seems large, it isn't quite as large as you might think, due to being hook-shaped and featuring loads of boring, bland water. Skyrim, on the other hand, features no such trickery. It is a seriously solid block of world, no doubt about it.

Of course, this map is by no means official. Bethesda has yet to comment on its validity, and the only current English version may be fraught with localization and translation errors. So take this all with a grain of salt.

Skyrim will be out November 11 for the 360, PS3, and PC.

Source: ElderScrolls.net

Am I the only one noticing stuff like this is always in Russian for some reason? Looks like what I assumed the map would be like, anyways.

Romidude:
Am I the only one noticing stuff like this is always in Russian for some reason? Looks like what I assumed the map would be like, anyways.

I'm not going to make that into a Soviet Russia joke.

About the world. Those emblems are tribes and although the world is large there is also a lot of impassable terrain due to the extremely jagged mountains. But most mountains have a path with points of interest.

In Soviet Russia, KGB hypes your game.

I pre-purchased this game months ago on steam, but I have an exam the day after it comes out so i won't be able to play it.

Woah is me. :(

Yeah but Oblivion was the same 10 yards of Sussex copy-pasted to ... well oblivion. This might be big, but if it's all the same again I won't be that impressed.

Skyrim followed by Saints Row and Zelda and Desert Bus For Hope the week after... all on the same day >.<

I am not going to be able to have some quality Skyrim time at this rate.

Clearly this map is proof that Skyrim will be the best game in the history of ever.

Scott Bullock:
The land of Skyrim is going to be big. Really, really big.

...And most quests, dialogs and surroundings will be repetitive and generic despite promises.

Modders : onwards, to victory ! :)

At least 30% of that map appears to be mountains. I bet at least half of those mountains are completely impassable, and most of what remain only have one path each. But we'll have to wait and see, won't we.

Looks good. I hope there are a few more towns then shown on the map. I love discovering little villages.
Now they need to release the PC specs so I know what format to get it on.

Didn't an interview with the producer/developer guy said the Skyrim would be about 16 square miles?

Poisoned Al:
Yeah but Oblivion was the same 10 yards of Sussex copy-pasted to ... well oblivion. This might be big, but if it's all the same again I won't be that impressed.

I didn't know Sussex had snow-capped mountains. Well, you learn something new every day ;)

Blunderboy:
Looks good. I hope there are a few more towns then shown on the map. I love discovering little villages.
Now they need to release the PC specs so I know what format to get it on.

Simple, get it on PC. You shouldn't even need to think about it.

Lim3:
I pre-purchased this game months ago on steam, but I have an exam the day after it comes out so i won't be able to play it.

I share you pain. I also have to spend the days after that exam studying for another exam. ;_;

On topic: I can't wait to explore the map~! Hearing about Skyrim in Oblivion (in might have also been the collector's journal) made really excited to visit it, and I was really disappointed to find out I couldn't. (The damn hook tricked me)

This was something I never got I've been to places that are much larger and alot more same-y than Cyrodil in the United states. Yet people bitch about oblivion's much more varied terrain.

Does anyone else find it odd that there are more cities than towns?

Susurrus:
Does anyone else find it odd that there are more cities than towns?

Considering what passes for wildlife in most rpgs? No, not really a walled city large enough to produce the excess of food and materials need for standing guard forces kinda makes more sense than a bunch of farmsteads in the face of rampaging minotaur hordes anyway.

That's... only a drawing. How can one tell from that? Besides, hasn't Bethesda said quite often how large the new game is, basically Oblivion size but with mountains and shit so it seems larger?

Lim3:

Hehe, Skyrim comes out the day after my last exam. :D

Plus, I'm getting that super limited edition, which gets shipped straight to my front door.

I'll be sitting out the front of my house all day.

With a hangover, I expect.

I just hope postage is fast.

EDIT: Actually no, I tell a lie; I'll be squeezing in as much Uncharted 3 as I can until Skyrim arrives.

So?

It doesn't matter how big it is; Oblivion was big but it was also bland and the whole world was mostly pointless, most people fast travelled anyway.

Bethesda said that Skyrim would be more fantasy-like, more like Morrowind than Oblivion. Well I haven't seen that so far in any videos or screenshots.

Just one more month! *SQUEE*

The world of Elder Scrolls isn't something they just come up with in each game:

This has even more detail about Skyrim - as far as ciies and interesting places anyway.

This map has been at the local Gamestop for forever...

Has anyone else rode to the border of Cyrodil and Skyrim yet, and tried to pass the invisible wall out of sheer will and excitement for Skyrim?! The creators purposely block your field of view with some even higher mountain ranges. I just hope you can enslave all the NPCs to work under your Lordship. If not, then i shall try the modder community. What's the point of an NPC's life if not to work for the User? ;) Imagine what an NPC could do while you are off taking your exams or at a job..A minute in the real world could be hours in the Digital...Ahh the Artificial Intelligence which we have barely touched in the Simulation and Gaming Industries...

SmugFrog:

This has even more detail about Skyrim - as far as ciies and interesting places anyway.

Holy crap thats Sausatralia (a million points for getting the reference)!

SmugFrog:

Vvardenfell looks so small on that map.

Smaller than I thought it would be considering the amount of time I put into wandering around the desert looking for that one cave door.

How can you tell that its a big map? for all that map shows us it could be half the size of oblivion. there is no information on the scale size.

Dusk17:
How can you tell that its a big map? for all that map shows us it could be half the size of oblivion. there is no information on the scale size.

Its already been confirmed to be the size of oblivion, but it will seem larger because Oblivion was L shape and had a really big river.

SmugFrog:

Hang on. I thought they just said that Skyrim was bigger than Cyrodiil. It looks quite a bit smaller on this map.

"It's only a model"
The games are not to scale.

I heard something about there only being 5 cities in TES V.

Jnat:
I heard something about there only being 5 cities in TES V.

Well, of the 9 crests on the map, 5 seem to be larger than the rest.

Looks considerably smaller than Morrowind. Which is strange, because Vvardenfell is supposed to be much, much smaller than Skyrim.

In America, you spoil games. In Soviet Russia, games spoil YOU!

Romidude:

We, Russian, are resourceful. That, and local publishers are really careless. Russian version of Assassin's Creed leaked way before release because guys from localization studio gave the master disk (yes, facepalm) to some random guy they knew to play for a couple of days.
Since Skyrim is being localized I expect every bit of it leak and make it's way to certain Russian sites.
Not that it really concerns me, if I ever buy Skyrim that will be on PS3 and in English.

Corporal Yakob:

SmugFrog:

Snippity snip snip on that there image..

Holy crap thats Sausatralia (a million points for getting the reference)!

"A collection of islands in the South Pigcific, recon has shown that these islands are rich in swill.. chortle chortle.. SHUT UP!"

Are we reading from the same hymn sheet here? Hogs of War..

OT: I'm sure PC gamer had this map a month ago.. but looks awesome anyway

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or