Atlus Adds Two Characters To Persona Fighter

Atlus Adds Two Characters To Persona Fighter

Atlus has officially unveiled two new characters for Persona 4: The Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena. One's a young girl who looks like a boy and the other is a bear who occasionally also looks like a boy.

This morning -- well, it was morning in Japan, anyway -- Atlus updated the official Persona 4: The Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena website to include two more Persona characters who would be appearing in the fighter.

First, we have Naoto Shirogane. Introduced in Persona 4, Shirogane is a wildly androgynous young woman that the Megami Tensei Wiki describes as "a refined, serious youth, with formal body language and gestures."

If her style of dress seems familiar, that's because it's inspired by the costume of Kyouji Kuzunoha, the protagonist of Atlus' Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner. Like Kuzunoha, Shirogane is a detective who becomes embroiled in the supernatural.

Second, and much more exciting for fans of the Persona series' tendency toward the adorably bizarre, is Teddie.

Those of you who haven't played Persona 4 likely only know Teddie as that bloated stuffed bear creature from all the ads. Those of you who did play Persona 4 however, will know all about Teddie's "metamorphosis." Without spoiling things, let's just say that at one point in the game Teddie pulls a reverse Kafka in order to more easily blend in with human society.

Though both characters were known to be in the Persona 4: The Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena cast, this official announcement also brings with it a host of screenshots and miscellaneous artwork. You can see much of it in the gallery below, though if you've got basic Japanese literacy, you may also want to have a look at the game's official website.

While this is great news for Persona fans, I should also remind you that we have yet to hear if this game will be crossing the Pacific. As soon as Atlus decides to make our collective dreams come true however, you can count on us to let you know.

Source: andriasang

This looks pretty damn cool, makes me wish I still played on a console.

Ok, when I think of "new characters added ", I think of them including Margaret or Adachi or even Nanako as a playable character, or at the very least some more popular characters from previous persona games. Having playable characters from Persona 4 in the Persona 4 fighting game isn't really that much of a surprise.

Im gonna use rise to beat the shit out of naoto. just cause everyone calls rise a slut, and I want to take it outo n her.

Im not exactly surprised though. Teddy is an eh character, but naoto is a fan favorite. Im just surprised they're not DLC.

Thwy should add

Still waiting Adachi. Always waiting ;_;

It's kind of a shame they didn't just make a "Persona" fighter...or even better a MegaTen fighter.

aww, I wanted them to be Hakke Andrey and Gou Inaba

Can I has this game installed on my PC Atlus, plz?

Looks like theres still 3 more characters to announce based on the blank cards on the site. My money's on Akihiko, Yukari and Junpei

tanis1lionheart:
It's kind of a shame they didn't just make a "Persona" fighter...or even better a MegaTen fighter.

Yep. I would love to have the Demi-Fiend and Aleph duke it out.

The cool thing, no region lock. So even if it doesn't get a Western release, I can just import it. :D

SUPA FRANKY:
Thwy should add

I'd totally play as Eikichi Mishina or Lisa Silverman. Although, Lisa would be redundant with Chie already in it.

People liked Teddie? I hated him in both versions... English AND Japanese.

Oh hell, that website intro almost killed my poor little netbook. When will we finally stop with those obnoxious flash intros?

Anyway, are the characters only from P4? Cuy I would love to beat the ever loving crap out of the protagonist from P3P...

thethingthatlurks:
Oh hell, that website intro almost killed my poor little netbook. When will we finally stop with those obnoxious flash intros?

Anyway, are the characters only from P4? Cuy I would love to beat the ever loving crap out of the protagonist from P3P...

Aigis is confirmed and there are 3 character reveals left. And all of the P4 main cast is in it. So there is a chance.

Naoto?! Damn, now i won't have time to play any other characters cuz y'know... It's Naoto

Still 3 other characters left though...

Yukari, Adachi and... Mitsuru?

To be honest they could just throw extra characters in as DLC if they miss anyone important.

Earnest Cavalli:
ite to include two more Persona characters who would be appearing in the fighter.

First, we have Naoto Shirogane. Introduced in Persona 4, Shirogane is a wildly androgynous young woman

What game were you playing? She's about as androgynous as Tina Fey. The big revealed secret for me was that she thought it was a secret. "Wait, you thought we thought you were a boy?"

OutrageousEmu:

Earnest Cavalli:
ite to include two more Persona characters who would be appearing in the fighter.

First, we have Naoto Shirogane. Introduced in Persona 4, Shirogane is a wildly androgynous young woman

What game were you playing? She's about as androgynous as Tina Fey. The big revealed secret for me was that she thought it was a secret. "Wait, you thought we thought you were a boy?"

More like "Wait, the rest of you guys thought she was a guy? Once again, I feel that I'm the only one here with a working brain...and eyes."

FredTheUndead:
Still waiting Adachi. Always waiting ;_;

BURST: CABBAGE SMASH!

But in all seriousness, I can't help but be awed by how gorgeous the game looks. I'll be preordering it as soon as it's available. I don't care if my Japanese literacy is as good as a third grader's, it's a fighter! All I need to do is learn the combos and I'm good to go!

thethingthatlurks:

I hope they include FeMC from P3P. Easily the best character in the game. I think it might be cool if we see Margaret or Elizabeth too.

I hope your pre-BEARED for this un-BEARABLE BEAR of a battle!

I'm sorry.

OT: That's cool.

The remaining three characters:

Igor
Dante from Devil May Cry
Mark danced crazy

RedEyesBlackGamer:

OutrageousEmu:

Earnest Cavalli:

More like "Wait, the rest of you guys thought she was a guy? Once again, I feel that I'm the only one here with a working brain...and eyes."

If you consider Persona 3's male protagonist and other "beautiful male" anime characters that are so common, then it NEARLY makes sense that people in that world would accept Naoto as male. Until she speaks that is.

SUPA FRANKY:
Thwy should add

wasn't he( mitsuo)the creepy guy? unless they want to make persona art just for this Idn't think it's gonna work

Anyone else wants Mr.Philemon to be the final boss?

l3o2828:
Anyone else wants Mr.Philemon to be the final boss?

I raise my hand. That would be a wonderful idea. Him or Nyarlathotep.

I'd vote Akihiko, Adachi, and Tatsuya Suou to be characters on there.

Given the number of characters slots left, I'm really starting to doubt that any other Persona 3 characters would be in this. Aigis is the Fool and main character of Persona 3 technically because of The Answer, so there's little point in adding anybody else. If so, why not all of them?

Truly-A-Lie:

RedEyesBlackGamer:

OutrageousEmu:

If you consider Persona 3's male protagonist and other "beautiful male" anime characters that are so common, then it NEARLY makes sense that people in that world would accept Naoto as male. Until she speaks that is.

Yeah, but none of those kinds of characters appear in Persona 4. Kanji and Yosuke don't have any feminine features - hell, that becomes a plot point in the crossdressing scene. And while Teddy is closer to androgynous, thats mainly cause he isn't human.

Mahorfeus:
Given the number of characters slots left, I'm really starting to doubt that any other Persona 3 characters would be in this. Aigis is the Fool and main character of Persona 3 technically because of The Answer, so there's little point in adding anybody else. If so, why not all of them?

That was pretty obvious from the start. Arc System Works has never been about 50+ characters and the fact that it's a P4 fighter is stated in the name no less.

Earnest Cavalli:

While this is great news for Persona fans, I should also remind you that we have yet to hear if this game will be crossing the Pacific. As soon as Atlus decides to make our collective dreams come true however, you can count on us to let you know.

If I'm not mistaken, the Persona series is pretty popular in the West. Couple that with the fact that the fighting game scene blew up after SFIV and I like our chances. To be honest I'm more hype about this than I am about Street Fighter X Tekken.

No surprise here, I'm just really hoping for more P3 characters. Shinji or Koromaru would make me very, very happy. Akihiko would also be pretty cool.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.