BioWare Teases New Game

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

BioWare Teases New Game

The first screenshot of BioWare's new, post-Mass Effect game franchise is on the tubes!

Oho! Hope you weren't coming here expecting to learn anything about BioWare's new game, like what it's called or what it's about, because we don't know! Nobody does! All we know is what we see: some guy dressed up like a post-modern King Graham dodging two big pickup trucks that were thrown out of an airplane.

That's my guess, anyway. I suppose it could be something else. Desert chicken, maybe, or December 23 parking at the mall gone seriously wrong. Or maybe it's another one of those internet idiots about to eat a hardcore faceplant after trying [and failing] to jump over a moving car. Whatever it is, we won't find out until the 2011 Spike Video Game Awards, and if that strikes you as oddly familiar it may be because BioWare pulled the same thing last year with a teaser video promising to reveal its "next big project," which turned out to be Mass Effect 3 - quelle surprise - at the 2010 VGAs.

The 2011 VGAs take place [or "go down," as viewers might put it] at 8 PM EST on December 10, on Spike TV, MTV2 and Spike.com. Fingers crossed for a new Baldur's Gate! They have armored trucks in D&D now, right?

Source: GameInformer

I was never really a fan of Bioware but I have to say that this image disappoints me. It looks very much like Rage, and very little like anything else that might be interesting.

Looks kinda like Rage mixed with Brink.
This cannot end well.

Can you say originality!?

*fingers crossed for a super hero RPG from Bioware where you have to create your own squad of justice*

A guy can dream!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! it is not Jade Empire 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And there goes my faith in bioware. Please, for the of all that is plotty and character driven not to mention the sake of my eyes, remove this sand and dirt.

I bet it's a gritty and realistic first person shooter set in a post apocalyptic world. I'm guessing Bioware is trying to "reach new audiences" again. That worked well for Dragon Age 2, didn't it? In any case, that's the most blandest image I've ever seen.

Uncharted, Much?
Maybe it will be a 2012 paranoia game?

And cue people making judgments based on one single image.

Libyan rebel rpg?

I am baffled. I have no clue what is even being hinted at, other than it might[?] involve cars and desert... and that's a big 'if'.

yes Baldur's Gate!!! I forget who made a Bards Tale, but that should get a sequel too!

Some how I get the impression is one will involve more questing/searching and less role-play.
but still...

are.you.the.god.its.me.vader:
*fingers crossed for a super hero RPG from Bioware where you have to create your own squad of justice*

A guy can dream!

It's apparently not related to Jade Empire or KotOR3. And as such, I can't really be arsed to care too much. The quality of Bioware's games has been rather lackluster as of late...

Looks like RAGE to me.

Please don't be some fucking "innovative [Facebook-esque] social experiment" style thing that's going to go balls-deep into "exciting new audiences". That's all the Two Doctors (I am not going to try to spell those names from memory) seem to go on about these days.

Oh yay. A new post-apocalyptic game. A little late to the party, Bioware. I don't think there's enough kitchen appliances and animal skulls left.

Oh, dear God, please let that image be a red herring and have BioWare reveal Dragon Age 3!

Andy Chalk:
Fingers crossed for a new Baldur's Gate! They have armored trucks in D&D now, right?

MINSC MAKES NO RIGHT TURN FOR EVIL! Right, Boo?

*squeak*

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present Detroit: Shit Happens.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Andy Chalk:
Fingers crossed for a new Baldur's Gate! They have armored trucks in D&D now, right?

MINSC MAKES NO RIGHT TURN FOR EVIL! Right, Boo?

*squeak*

Go for the headlights Boo.

Again more fanboy complaints I wonder is we can can get one thread without people going on about how buthurt they are with bioware because at this point its a little annoying It's been 2 years people let it go

Anyway not much to say about the pic it could be almost anything at this point a shooter racer any sort of RPG. Doesn't look to be taking a realistic art style though

I don't know exactly why...but I got this Outcast/Beyond Good & Evil vibe from that screenshot, after my initial "hurr post-apocalyptic sand and dirt" prejudice had waned a bit.

I won't claim I'm absolutely riveted, but my interest is somewhat piqued...either way, it'll be nice to see BioWare try something other than swords n' sandals and space opera.
Jade Empire, and to an extent, Dragon Age II, were also works which deviated from their comfort zone, and I insist both are very brave and fine games.

It's a new BioWare game; that means it will hold my interest by the balls and will never let go...

OH NO IT'S A SINGLE SCREENSHOT BUT MY FAITH IN BIOWARE IS LOST FOREVER.

...Seriously guys? This is pathetic.

It looks like something I'd put as my desktop, so I'll wait until I actually get some basic release information and then I'll consider it. Until then, I really can't have an informed opinion on one screenshot.

Sucal:
And there goes my faith in bioware. Please, for the of all that is plotty and character driven not to mention the sake of my eyes, remove this sand and dirt.

...the fuck? Are you trying to say you can't have something plotty and cahracter driven in the desert? Uncharted 3 and Prince of Persia Sands of Time would like to talk to you.

Drago-Morph:
Oh, dear God, please let that image be a red herring and have BioWare reveal Dragon Age 3!

Based on their track record it might be Dragon Age 3.... and I liked DA2

so all I can make is a desert racing game with maybe Burnout like crash sequences

From the shot, it looks like it has low emphasise on story... WHAT HAS BIOWARE DONE?

Wonderland:
From the shot, it looks like it has low emphasise on story... WHAT HAS BIOWARE DONE?

Man I can never tell if someone's using sarcasm or really being serious.

I'm skeptical at first, but seeing as I have thus far immensely enjoyed every bioware game ever made (with exception to that sonic thing) I know it wont be disappointing

I have watched the VGA's a couple of times. And each year it just becomes more of a giant ad for about 4 companies. It's not a legitimate show based simply on the fact that companies such as EA buy their way onto it. So, we get more ads for the same games we have been hearing about, and then they throw in some kind of terrible awards to make it seem legit. They'll throw in some comments by people like Olivia Munn. The worst part is, who cares if they play videogames.

Is BioWare doing a Fallout-esque game?

HYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Cat of Doom:
I'm skeptical at first, but seeing as I have thus far immensely enjoyed every bioware game ever made (with exception to that sonic thing) I know it wont be disappointing

While I also am expecting something good, that kind of factual assumption is dangerous.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here