Creepy Skyrim Serial Killer Keeps Heads on Shelves

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Creepy Skyrim Serial Killer Keeps Heads on Shelves

One player brought the decapitation perk to its logical conclusion.

Skyrim is now well-recognized as the pinnacle in open-ended and emergent gameplay. The designers at Bethesda have provided a fantasy sandbox where players are generally able to do whatever they wish. While some players have scoffed at not being able to murder children - and installed mods which allowed such "pedo-cide" - one player decided to turn the creep-factor up to eleven without any apparent mods. The one-handed or two-handed weapon perk decapitation performs the killing blow by cutting off the victim's head. YouTube poster "Symixable" created a video of his house which he just happened to decorate with the bodies and heads of the women he has killed in Skyrim.

The video tour of Symixable's house in what looks like Solitude (I haven't gotten there yet in my game, let me know if I'm wrong) is downright disturbing. The music certainly adds to the horror ambiance to make you feel nervous just hearing it, but I think the fact that the women are all devoid of clothing is what really puts this video into freaky serial-killer territory. Like that guy who watches the Buffalo Bill scene in Silence of the Lambs a little too often, I fear for Symixable's sanity.

I respect that a player can play any role in Skyrim, even that of a deviant killer. I just don't want this guy anywhere near me, in game or not.

Source: YouTube

Christ!
I gleefully joined the Dark Brotherhood, and I STILL think that that's really friggin' creepy.

Such a waste!
I mean just leaving the heads there to rot? Should at least have put them in jars.

Hah!
I fucking called it!

I think the creepiest part of the video is the name.

As opposed to your normal, cheery Skyrim serial killer?

Now all we need is a mod that causes bodies to rot and decompose like they really do! That'll show that serial killer; having his house filled with rotting corpses and vermin spawned from therein will pose quite a health risk to him. Yeah.

Or not, because that would be even more disturbing than the kill-a-kid-foundation mod.

Maybe he should hollow out the heads and put candles in them. Would certainly beat pumpkins. XD

Yay for Skyrim and it's crazy creative freedom.

Greg Tito:
Skyrim is now well-recognized as the pinnacle in open-ended and emergent gameplay.

Oh for...

Let's try that again...

Greg Tito:
Skyrim is now well-recognized as the pinnacle in a good example of open-ended and emergent gameplay.

There. Now doesn't that read more like a news article and less like fanboy fuelled overstatement?

jurnag12:
Christ!
I gleefully joined the Dark Brotherhood, and I STILL think that that's really friggin' creepy.

Well, to be fair, the Dark Brotherhood is just a business, with a somewhat... unorthodox service. This, on the other hand, is... well, rather more personal. What's more, they've targeted women exclusively. Recent bad breakup, perhaps?

Meh, this is nothing outstanding. Friend of mine had a room full of Human Meat in Fallout 3. Imagine me opening that door for the first time in a while.

Sixcess:

Greg Tito:
Skyrim is now well-recognized as the pinnacle in open-ended and emergent gameplay.

Oh for...

Let's try that again...

Greg Tito:
Skyrim is now well-recognized as the pinnacle in a good example of open-ended and emergent gameplay.

There. Now doesn't that read more like a news article and less like fanboy fuelled overstatement?

Ugh, I second that. It's a great game, but come on. Let's dial it back a little. It's called professionalism.

Anyway, OT: Yeah, that's pretty creepy. I usually don't like it when people do this, but seriously: Let's hope Fox News never gets their hands on this. Something tells me they wouldn't quite grasp the "he's just playing a role" argument.

That's one of the first things I've seen in these games that has really made me nervous.

...And I've played some crazy roles in Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim...

At least nothing like this has shown up with the child mod activated.

I used to be a serial killer like him, until I took an arrow in the knee.

Sixcess:

Greg Tito:

Oh for...

Let's try that again...

Greg Tito:

Took the text right out of my typing field. Skyrim was decent, but nowhere near the masterpiece people keep claiming it is.

This is less disturbing than a child being killed in a dragon attack.
Not to mention children dying because of careless fireballs from the player.

That's just sick.

Wait. Is there a specific way you need to attack/land a final blow on someone to decapitate them? i.e. Power attacks only result in decapitation?

Give this man a trophy! ...oh wait

Terrible joke aside, i actually laughed at this. I'm a horrible person

This reminds me of that scene from Sin City.
"He made me waaaaattccchhh!!!"

I aware that this might sound wrong, but this is very interesting roleplay. "Psychotic killer with woman's head as trophies/sex partners" is better roleplaying than "man-children who get flustered by the taunts of children".
At least we know the Psycho might has some balls in his pants.
Psychotic little balls that whisper dark things to him at night about the fragility of a woman's neck bone, but balls none-the-less.

scoopz:
Wait. Is there a specific way you need to attack/land a final blow on someone to decapitate them? i.e. Power attacks only result in decapitation?

There is a perk that makes your power strikes decapitate your enemy.

Shame I can't try that out. Since the 1.2 patch broke my game, I guess I'm screwed until the next patch comes out. How is it broken? Well it completely removes all resistances on everything, and I can't absorb dragon souls. To say nothing of the now glitched-as-fuck dragons I'm experiencing.

As for the video, well I didn't even know you could pick up and carry heads around. So yeah, now I actually want to try this because I had no idea I could do it.

Dexter, Dexter! Where th fuck are you? We need you NOW!

dead.juice:

scoopz:

Ah. Yes. I have the perk I was just wondering if there was some extra step I was missing to make decapitation happen everytime.

Jonluw:
Hah!
I fucking called it!

I was just thinking the same thing and wondering whether it was you who made the video :P

knhirt:

That's just sick.

A child dying in a dragon attack is sad, not sick, it's a wild animal (ok, a rather intelligent, if evil animal) attacking indiscriminately, its no different from a childbeing hit by a car, or attacked by wolves.

in the case of a fireball, why the hell is a child dicking about near an enemy anyway?

plus, 90% of the kids in skyrim are annoying, disrespectful shits anyway.
"Another one come to lick the boots of my father" "oh, you must be a servant, I want my meat rare" "WHERE IS MY DRESS? I WANT MY DRESS NOW!" "Boys, girls, dogs, elders, there's nobody I wont fight!" "I wouldn't have to keep beating him up if he admitted he likes me
"
And a fair few are teetering on the evil sides of their moral compasses already
"Yay! grelod's dead!" "Thank you dark brotherhood!" "When I grow up, I want to be an assasin too!", and of course not forgetting the one who actually obtained human flesh, bones, and organs, and preformed a dark ritual to hire an assasin.

in the case of the last few, the idea that THEY are immortal is actually rather terrifying...

My main question is he he gets any of those things to stay where they are, I still cant keep my damn orc dagger on my kitchen table with out finding it flung across the room when I come back into my house.

Someone should tell this guy there is a nude mod for Skyrim. That would complete the whole (disturbing) picture.

Not Lydia! Nnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...................

Tonight's the night. And it's going to happen, again and again. It has to happen.

Thanks for the idea! I fucking love slow-mo decapation! Now i will prize each one

scoopz:

dead.juice:

scoopz:

Ah. Yes. I have the perk I was just wondering if there was some extra step I was missing to make decapitation happen everytime.

Forgive my pretentiousness, I don't even have the perk myself. I figured that a power attack just lopped off their heads.
For both our sakes, I took the time to look it up, and here's what I got:
Standing power attacks do 25% bonus damage with a chance to decapitate your enemies

So, by doing a power attack that isn't being influenced in any direction, you get a chance at cutting the motha-fucker's head off.

Crap. I should have done that to the thalmor i killed.

Worgen:
My main question is he he gets any of those things to stay where they are, I still cant keep my damn orc dagger on my kitchen table with out finding it flung across the room when I come back into my house.

Cant keep my elven dagger to stay under my bed without it wigging the fuck out.

Also if Skyrim is not the pinnacle of open world RPGs what is?

knhirt:

That's just sick.

You are right, it most certainly is.

Good job I saved the kids in one of my games from a horrible death like those you mentioned by putting them into a peaceful sleep ..... with my axes.

AdamG3691:

knhirt:

That's just sick.

A child dying in a dragon attack is sad, not sick, it's a wild animal (ok, a rather intelligent, if evil animal) attacking indiscriminately, its no different from a childbeing hit by a car, or attacked by wolves.

in the case of a fireball, why the hell is a child dicking about near an enemy anyway?

plus, 90% of the kids in skyrim are annoying, disrespectful shits anyway.
"Another one come to lick the boots of my father" "oh, you must be a servant, I want my meat rare" "WHERE IS MY DRESS? I WANT MY DRESS NOW!" "Boys, girls, dogs, elders, there's nobody I wont fight!" "I wouldn't have to keep beating him up if he admitted he likes me
"
And a fair few are teetering on the evil sides of their moral compasses already
"Yay! grelod's dead!" "Thank you dark brotherhood!" "When I grow up, I want to be an assasin too!", and of course not forgetting the one who actually obtained human flesh, bones, and organs, and preformed a dark ritual to hire an assasin.

in the case of the last few, the idea that THEY are immortal is actually rather terrifying...

I see you didn't detect my biting sarcasm. I'll make it clearer next time.

JokerboyJordan:

Jonluw:
Hah!
I fucking called it!

I was just thinking the same thing and wondering whether it was you who made the video :P

For a moment there, so did we...

Nah, that's far too much work. We might've done it if we was allowed to carry heads in our inventory though.

That was beautiful.

I now have a new hobby to take up.

Thank you, Escapist News!

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook