Skyrim: Now With Real Shouting

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

I can't believe he went to the trouble of all this video footage and DIDN'T include a shot of himself shouting someone off a cliff.

Perhaps the most striking thing I noticed was how difficult aiming with the bow was. Way to handicap yourself unnecessarily.

I used to think it an extremely unfortunate coincidence that so many people were crippled due to arrow-related injuries; then I...

Looked it up on the internet. On a related note, the whole Skyrim Kinect thing looks pretty cool, but do you honestly expect them to officially implement this? If just a minor bug patch causes dragons to fly backwards, this would be a loooooong time coming if it were ever to happen.

I was going to add a P.S. to my comment...
Then I took an arrow to the knee.

Yes very entertaining for 10 minutes or if I were actually 10, but it really adds nothing apart from frustration.

But I am pretty impressed by how well the voice controls worked, when I tried out some silly kinect games the success rate of voice commands was about 50% at the best of times.

My biggest question is: Can you just use the voice for the equipment selecting and stuff? but still move around and swing yer sword n stuff with a controller?

*watches video*

Hmm. How to really, really suck at Skyrim: use Kinect!

Was this video supposed to put me off using Kinect forever? If so, it succeeded. I've never seen a more useless user interface.

You always wonder... Why don't big huge corporations realize what their hardware can be used for. You'd think Microsoft and Sony would have been jumping up and down to have their peripherals integrated into the game.

But no. They are staffed with brain dead horses, the only possible use they can think up for their peripherals is... what Nintendo did 2 years ago.

Tha Gamin Industy iz run by zmart peoples.

God Damn it's fun to play a game by awkwardly leaning side to side and constantly keeping your left hand in front of you...

I see an official Skyrim Kinnect DLC in the future when the Official PC version of the Kinect gets released.

Looks rather annoying. I'll stick to the controller, like it was meant to be.

this video just further confirms the fact that using kinect for movement controls is stupid. However, if i could scream FUSROHDAH at my TV and have my character actually use it that would be awesome, although my neighbors prolly wouldn't appreciate it.

I already yell the Dragon Shouts on occasion, so I can definitely get behind that. Also, voice commands to open the menus would be nice.

Somehow this looks less immersive than pressing Z to do the same. And makes you look like a complete lunatic in the process.

How can you make a video like this and NOT use 'Fus Roh Dah'? Come on! This sort of thing is begging for that!

if only Bethesda had implemented a "fight dragons by screaming expletives at them" feature with Kinect...Skyrim alone would justify purchasing a Kinect

That looked a bit difficult, especially with the use of the bow. Still, I'm impressed.

Predicting an upswing of police calls because of that crazy neighbor kid yelling at his TV even more than usual. You read it here first, kids.

I used to repeat tired memes at the end of my posts, but then I took a Shout to the groin.

Too much movement when quick action is needed... BUT having keboard and mouse with a mic that makes the game perform shouts when you pronounce them WOULD be awesome.

It'd be better than pausing combat and switching shouts.

This video would have been much more awesome if he had yelled FUS RO DAH!... and taken an arrow to the knee.

Ja man! Isn't there a voice command mod for the PC using a mic yet? That would be fantastic!

kinect+excellence=impossible.

to think that some people want to introduce it in a games that dont use it is hurting my head. how can people be THAT stupid?

The problem with something like this on Kinect is that Skyrim is not a non-stop action game. There are long periods of walking through forests and caves, honing skills at alchemy tables or forges, and fiddling with your inventory to perfect your character. None of these things translate well to the comparably slow response time of Kinect.
Sure, it'd be cool for battles, fighting dragons, and using FUS RO DAH!!! in your living room. Unfortunately, those aspects make up far too little of actual gameplay time that it would be thoroughly frustrating to have to stand there wobbling back and forth to walk up the 7000 Steps.

This might get tiring, you know...because I personally play in sittings of at least 3-4 hours ( I'm sure most of you do to ), but this is just fucking awesome. DO YOU HEAR THAT MICROSOFT??? Instead of giving us pieces of shit like Kinect Adventures / Sports / Pets / Buttsex or whatever, maybe do something good? What I'm saying is that even if it's buggy, this is ONE guy. I can't comprehend how entire groups of highly trained people can't touch the Kinect's potential ( and just give us a goddamn controller for moving around, stop sticking to the "no controllers EVAR!!" policy! Maybe this way, games such as Rise of Nightmares or whatever it's called, could turn out for the better)

To those who keep saying that it's till not better than a controller/keyboard, I think you're completely missing the point of this.

Stubee:
Ive seen that guys videos before. They look completely fake to me and have seen no evidence to prove otherwise.

Agreed. I see no motion commands for several of the things he does in game, like strafe or look up and down. And often times he has his left foot out to balance himself, but the game character never starts walking forward. He's trollin'.

Stubee:
Ive seen that guys videos before. They look completely fake to me and have seen no evidence to prove otherwise.

Agreed. Looks totally fake. My sole evidence? When the transition happens roughly half way through to remove some walking gameplay, the image of the 'player' in the top right doesn't shift/transition with it.

Strazdas:
kinect+excellence=impossible.

to think that some people want to introduce it in a games that dont use it is hurting my head. how can people be THAT stupid?

Can you not see some benefit? The motion controls look dumb, but voice commands to bring out weapons sounds like an idea more games should use. After playing with the Bing Search voice commands in todays dashboard update, I can't help but confess that the voice recognition is really impressive.

Kojiro ftt:

Stubee:

Agreed. I see no motion commands for several of the things he does in game, like strafe or look up and down. And often times he has his left foot out to balance himself, but the game character never starts walking forward. He's trollin'.

Lol not to mention Microsoft have struggled to do very decent things with the Kinect since its inception and this single guy has apparently made it work seamlessly with Skyrim in less than a month.

While motion control isn't really my cup'o Tea, and I tend to rely on bows which this makes seem difficult, the voice commands seem incredibly useful.

"M'aiq does not understand what is so impressive about shouting. M'aiq can shout whenever he wants."

Well, now we can too.

DumpsterHumper:
Looks pretty shit to be honest. I don't see how this can top a controller/keyboard in any way apart from the "looking like a twat"-way.

Same here, but I think it's more about the fact that technology has gone so far to make this happen. Also you get to yell at your PC or TV or whatever to make things happen for once. That is pretty awesome.

No question that is awesome. Looks like way to much effort though.

Wow, that looks completely un-fun.
is he trying to justify his kinect purchase? why wouldnt you try it with wii motion plus or move? or better yet combine kinect with wm+, or with move, so you can do shouts while keeping the combat from becoming a chore.

GREAT. Now the Angry Video Game Nerd can actually say "FUCK" and kill chickens with it

Satosuke:
I'm reminded of this: (@ 6:58)

Well played sir, you posted it before i did it. You win +1 Internet

Seems legit

I used to shout at my consoles but then I took an arrow to the knee

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password: