Mega Man X Blasting Onto iOS

Mega Man X Blasting Onto iOS

Capcom's much-snubbed little blue hero is finally getting another game release, but it's not quite the big release fans keep hoping for.

Contrary to appearances, Capcom claims it still loves Mega Man and that he's part of a "key brand." Even though Mega Man Legends 3 was canceled, he's still getting a game (sort of) released this year: Mega Man X is about to launch for iPhones in Japan.

Japanese magazine Famitsu got to check out the game, though, and it's not quite a direct port of the beloved SNES title:

The site says that the iOS version is based off the current feature phone version of the game. In addition to touch panel support, it adds GameCenter support for a ranking mode. You'll find 80 challenges for showing off your (touch screen) Mega Man skills to the rest of the world.

Mega Man X is due to be released sometime this month on the Japanese App Store. No word, though, on whether it'll be released in the West.

Source: Andriasang

They already brought Megaman X to PSP via a fun remake, but then they didn't continue their little remake series which would have been awesome being it had a whole anime episode in it.

Ew... that art style looks like a flash fan game.

I could get behind this. The art style is attractive, and at this point, I'll be happy with whatever new Mega Man X games Capcom wants to throw our way.

That being said, I'd especially appreciate an Android port.

I missed it when megaman was capcom's mascot.

well this may be new to the rest of the world, but to those of us who own a copy of the game and have discovered the magic of emulators, you are extremely late to the party.

This doesn't look very good, I still want to see Megaman rebooted as a gritty first person shooter.

Looks like a bad flash game. No thank you.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here