[UPDATE] Ocean Marketing's Former Client Disowns Shady PR Firm

Pages PREV 1 2

Don't you get it? He doesn't care, he knows the mayor of Boston.

He also knows the guy that works at the door of PAX east, that's some pretty tight connections.

DigitalSushi:

He also knows the guy that works at the door of PAX east, that's some pretty tight connections.

I think the term is "tighter than a nun's love box".

At least, that's what my new PR man tells me.

"It's all about the starteraregy, Joe", he tells me.

I'm slightly concerned he's storing open barrels of ether next to tubs of NI3.. Couldn't be a bad omen, right?

I have to wonder just how N-Control found this guy in the first place and how he managed to convince them that he could do the job. Was it his website full of copypasted marketing blurbs or his barely legible emails that won them over? ;) Seriously, for a public relations guy, he's probably the most epic failure at any skill related to public relations that's ever walked the earth.

And this, boys and girls, is why we don't do steroids; it makes you do things that would have half the Internet cheerfully tase you at your desk until your office smells like a hot-dog stand.

Seriously, though, I've done a very slight bit of what Christoforo was supposed to be doing (administering the Internet presence of a small company on their behalf) and I dearly hope that I never, ever came within a light-year of shennanigans like this. It's not just unprofessional, it's stupid and self-defeating. It would be monumentally difficult for Avenger's new representation to be half as bad as Christoforo even with deliberate effort.

I'm hoping this turns into a textbook case so no one ever does anything this ridiculous again.

-- Steve

Flying Dagger:

There are actual evil people in the world, and yet the internet seems to prefer to demonise some small fry jerk.

There is a great disparity between being a cunt (like Paul) and being truly evil (like Mugabe, Hussein, and their ilk).

This has me aroused with so much Schaudenfreude I can't stand it and I have to salute Mr. Christoforo for his pure dedication to trolling. This is some Captain Ahab level shit. So rarely do we get a person so utterly lacking in human nicities that they can be universally hated (that doesn't murder people)

This has me aroused with so much Schaudenfreude I can't stand it and I have to salute Mr. Christoforo for his pure dedication to trolling. This is some Captain Ahab level shit. So rarely do we get a person so utterly lacking in human nicities that they can be universally hated (that doesn't murder people)

DustyDrB:
I just want to know if I can start using Christoforo as a verb now (I guess for when your douchey behavior backfires). Or an adjective: a act of Christofororian ignorance.

Christoforian: Blind and overbearing confidence in the face of catastrophic failure that has been directly caused by one's own actions.

"Paul's unleashed a Christoforian tirade at his detractors, insisting that his powerful connections and sheer presence would reverse the overwhelming tide of misfortune."

ThunderCavalier:
After reading through three articles related to this man, there is just one question that reverberates loud and true through my mind.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU, MAN?!

You've lost. The Internet and everyone in the entire video gaming industry does not like you. You make Pirates look fine. You make EA and Activision look like angels. I can't safely say that you're as bad and persistent as the Westboro Baptist Church in stirring up controversy, but you're getting there.

By that logic, allow me to 1up him by saying that I've had my post quoted by the one and only Avatar Roku, master of Firebending and the avatar prior to the great Avatar Aang.

on the upside when it comes to PR and marketing classes in business schools this will be held up as an example of what not to do..

this guy is nothing but a bully and has probably been acting like this his whole life. its not behaviour that develops as a one off. What he failed to understand is that like zombies, nerds on their own can be taken down quite easiely but enmass they will tear your barricades down and eat your brains.. figuratively

i do hope though the product survives this, it is needed

As a marketing consultant, Christoforo's career is now ruined. Reputation is everything in the marketing/PR biz (if you don't have ironclad connections or shitloads of money to grease the wheels anyway).

Forget the worthless little shit and move on, I say.

samsonguy920:
Unfortunately there are those who are just too ignorant, obstinant, and so full of their own self-worth that it is impossible for them to change short of a near death experience. Much as I would love to see this guy be ran over by a bus or beaten to a coma by someone, I would prefer nobody ended up going to jail over this guy. It isn't worth it.

...Seriously? You want the guy to almost die from a brutally painful event because he's being arrogant and/or trying to save face? Do you hope that cashiers who aren't friendly when you're checking out get cancer, too?

OT: He's getting what he deserves by being fired, but I agree with this:

Flying Dagger:
There are actual evil people in the world, and yet the internet seems to prefer to demonise some small fry jerk.

Why is the fact that the head of a company is a jerk such big news, and why aren't more important atrocities getting this much attention? Are people finding some vicarious sense of fulfillment from this (they got bullied as kids and are now laughing because one of their own took the bully down) or something? Are people seriously that immature?

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here