Lucas Gives In To Dark Side, Crafts Episode 1 Burgers

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Lucas Gives In To Dark Side, Crafts Episode 1 Burgers

Even if you live in France and are a huge fan of fast food and Star Wars, you'll probably still hate these new burgers.

Even though nobody in their right mind should be even remotely excited about Lucasfilm's upcoming re-release of The Phantom Menace, there's a ton of new merchandise/marketing deals coming out that's tied to the film. However, George Lucas has pretty much admitted that he's willing to slap his brand's name on just about anything, thanks to the Star Wars fast food burgers that have just been revealed in France.

French fast food chain Quick has unveiled its "Jedi," "Dark" and "Dark Vador" burgers. The ad for the Dark Vador and Jedi burgers can be seen here and - let's be honest - they look disgusting. The Dark Vador has a black bun, while the Jedi features ... well, they look like marshmallows, but they're probably just poorly-presented onions. The Dark burger, meanwhile, looks like it might have a reddish bun, but I'm not sure how much of that is the glow-y red Sith effect of the ad.

The Star Wars empire is no stranger to crazy merchandising, and the Episode 1 re-release is clearly unafraid to whore itself out, but George Lucas may have just outdone himself with these. I guess we should count ourselves lucky that we didn't get a Gungan burger.

Source: Topless Robot

Aren't they the same burgers but just with different minor filling?

What next lucas Lightsaber dildo's
seriously you keep raping the franchise

Christ, that dark side one looks like it's been burnt!

Those look like they're disgusting to eat. :S

rolfwesselius:

Well this is pretty close: http://memerial.net/1149_darth_invader

rolfwesselius:

Well this is pretty close: http://memerial.net/1149_darth_invader

The movies will still make money hand over fist, sadly.

Ridiculous!

If they were Episode one burgers, there'd be a double meat ended one!

IT'S A TRAP!
Those things will give you the Kessel Runs in less than twelve parsecs!

Now George Lucas can simultaneously shit out and shit on the Star Wars franchise.

Multi-tasking at its finest.

Jesus that looks gross!

And seeing as this is fast food, I really don't want to know how those buns got to be black.

Replaces facepalm with headdesk.

*realizes still too small*

Wallbanger ensues.

War Penguin:
Christ, that dark side one looks like it's been burnt!

Those look like they're disgusting to eat. :S

I'm pretty sure it's the result of a Satanic ritual to give the essence of cancer a physical form.

I don't know if I'm more afraid of the black one or the green one. Green is usually associated with sickness but that black burger is so pitch black that it looks like bun-shaped coal. Say what you want about Lucas but even if this wasn't being done for the sake of Star Wars, it's still revolting. It's like when Heinz thought people wanted that nasty looking green or purple ketchup.

... as if a thousand fanboys cried out in shame and were suddenly silenced.

Dark Vador? Isn't it supposed to be Darth Vader...because..well. That is his name!

well, its not like the movies where very good, why should the burgers be any good.

i'm sorry, but that's just hilarious!
i long ago stopped caring about the star wars universe and now i'm free to just kick back and laugh at everything george lucas does;D

If I lived in France, I'd definitely eat them. Looks like it'd be a fun experience.

WTF LUCAS?
For f'$# sake, someone, freeze that man's assets and take his brain away, he eas ruining star wars, now he has shot
the franchise in the groin with this recent whoring.
When did it all go wrong?

I'm not sure whether they look disgusting because they are licensed or because they are French.

rolfwesselius:

They are already out, go look. They aren't branded as "Star wars" But they are lightsaber dildos.

Enjoy that thought.

Wow, that Dark Vador (That's what he's called there? Seriously?) hamburger may be the most disgusting thing I've ever seen, and I wwebside as on the internet.
The dark side one does look pretty tasty. Can anyone from France go out and try them and give us an impression?

DVS BSTrD:
IT'S A TRAP!
Those things will give you Kessel Runs in less than twelve parsecs!

The Star Wars geek in me LOL'd.

I... kinda want to know how that black bun is black...
I mean what could they possibly use that wouldn't kill the taste or make the one who eats it ill?

So much fail, I wish I could uninstall my computer.

I said this when i saw it on the AOTS facebook page as an update, but I like how they feature a darth vader burger despite him not being in episode 3.

Also I'd go with the jedi burger. has a better topping and I like the cheese inside it more than I would the darth vader burger. though i havent seen the dark burger.

CAPTCHA: Malkani2? why I would love two Malkins on the pens, do you know how stacked our center position would be then?

SoulSalmon:
I mean what could they possibly use that wouldn't kill the taste or make the one who eats it ill?

That's probably the natural color of the bun. They just didn't sacrifice a goat or something to make it look natural.

vansau:
while the Jedi features ... well, they look like marshmallows, but they're probably just poorly-presented onions.

Chances are, it's egg. To be more precise, chopped up egg white.

SoulSalmon:

it isn't that hard to colour food like that, a flavourless dye during baking or the bun could simple be rye.

anywho i don't see the problem, i never do with all this starwars guff, anyone who likely gives a damn about the series probably owns all the original movies and merchandise so his changing and re-releasing shouldn't affect them, and all this marketing is because lucas obviously likes money.....which alot of people do.

I don't understand why everyone makes such a stink about this. Lucas has always made his money back from Star Wars through merchandising. That was the original deal he had with Fox when working on the first film, and a pretty ground breaking deal it was too. Star Wars has been used to shift all sorts of products. This last year alone I've seen ads where Darth Vader try to flog me PC World computers, and a Jedi kid ties to lightsaber his dad's car.

Hell, Luke and Leia had their own PEZ dispensers, as Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher are so fond of reminding everyone.

Anyone acting as if this is a big deal simply doesn't understand how much stuff has been hawked under the Star Wars logo, going all the way back to the first films.

i can see a parent slapping that darth vader burger out of his kids hands and then punching the clerk for trying to poison his child.. and yes im being serious

*Sigh...*

It's kinda sad seeing George Lucas milking the Star Wars franchise until it's 100% dead.

Can't say this surprises me.

On a side note,

Is it just me that reacted to the 'Dark Vador' by wanting to eat it?

rolfwesselius:

Will they make the noise?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist: