[UPDATE] Sega Knows How to Stop SOPA

Pages PREV 1 2

I somehow totally understand what they're saying.

Aprilgold:

Balobo:

Aprilgold:
Well thats all nice Sega, now stop making Sonic suck and your my favorite company again.

Do you live in 2007 or something?

Hold on, let me check whos president. Its a black guy and hes just getting out of office, so no I'm not.

Wait...

hes just getting out of office

So you live in ... either 2013 or 2017?

Actually, could you tell me which one? I'd find it a lot easier to ignore this year's election if I knew the outcome ahead of time.

I love Segas response to this matter.

HARD RESET WILL FIX EVERYTHING.

*Slow clap* Well played Sega, well played.

I think we need a couple of hard resets over here in Britain too. In fact, the whole human race could do with a bit of that. Maybe not a reinstall quite yet though. We might have the installation disk for democracy and freedom and all that, but I wager that we've lost the one to remake an extinct species.

Zachary Amaranth:

gigastar:
Hard Reset on the US government?

Well, it could certainly solve more problems than it would cause, but what are we going to do about reinstall?

Well, we still have the original install file (The Constitution). It's the 200+ years of patches that could prove to be a problem.

That solves that problem, now we just need to do is the darn serial code... Maybe we could contact the manufacturer for help?

HAHA oh Sega your so silly. I have a feeling a new meme is about to be born.

That is hilarious and I am absolutely not harboring any suspicious thoughts about rebellion now. Nope, not one bit, not at all...

GET 'EM!!!

I also really want "hard reset" to become a meme.

Does Sega genuinely have a reply-bot that sends out "Have you tried turning it off and on again" messages? Thats HILERIOUS!

They are just making an IT crowd reffernece it seems;

SEGA could do with a couple of Hard Resets themselves. prefferably continiously. To the face. Forever. And ever. Or maybe SEGA really are geniuses; Have we even TRIED hard resetting the middle east?

I like that Sega decided to make fun of themselves with that.

Would have been better if their video wasn't incredibly unfunny.

Grey Carter:
So, if I'm reading this correctly, all we have to do is perform a hard reset, then "reinstall" the United States Government. I'll break out my AK-47 and let you know how that works out, Sega.

Ooh, I want to join you!

OK, in all seriousness, it's nice to know that SEGA... is probably going to improve its customer service, and that it's responding to this hilarious bit with some fairly good taste. While it would be really nice whether they elaborated on their true stance on SOPA, it's at least nice to know they haven't said they're "For" it, and that they're willing to confess to some of their faults.

OK, in all real seriousness, does anyone know where I can grab myself my own rifle? I should hurry before I miss the hard reset.

A Satanic Panda:

Zachary Amaranth:

gigastar:

Well, it could certainly solve more problems than it would cause, but what are we going to do about reinstall?

Well, we still have the original install file (The Constitution). It's the 200+ years of patches that could prove to be a problem.

That solves that problem, now we just need to do is the darn serial code... Maybe we could contact the manufacturer for help?

Well, the British Empire folded, and I'll be damned if anybody's still manning their customer support lines.

So, if I'm reading this correctly, all we have to do is perform a hard reset, then "reinstall" the United States Government.

Well, that would definitely work.

oh wait, isnt hard reset is like... nuking the place?

P.S. capcha: the Shammles

gigastar:
but what are we going to do about reinstall?

Details, details. You can worry about them later after the uninsallation is done.

OT: Good news for an already good morning. That's nice.

Without wishing to open myself to the wave of death threats from the US that Charlie Brooker received when he made a similar reference -

Guy Fawkes, where are you when we need you?

(Charlie Brooker signed off with a throwaway gag about George W Bush winning another term in his Guardian column a good few years back, and it got reprinted online out of context, leading to a huge number of badly spelled death threats and hate mail from scary rednecks. It was 'John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, John Hinckley Jr - where are you now that we need you?' - He went on to say that he's never had any problems with a single 'real' american, and loves the country, but online people are dicks.)

You've gotta think tho, a few hundred barrels of gunpowder under both Congess in the US, and the House of Lords in the UK, and of course it would be a tragic loss of life, but they'd suddenly need to replace them all with younger, alive people who have maybe even heard of things like the wheel, fire, and the internet.

*Awaits my extradition to the US as a probable terrorist*

I've seen two and a half men, I know for a fact much of the US doesn't get humour :)

The United States government needs to be hard resetted, formated, uninstalled, reinstalled, Defragged, and checked for viruses. For the good of the whole world in general.

Sega you are the bomb!

I totally thought the answer was Sonic, ha ha.

A Satanic Panda:

Zachary Amaranth:

gigastar:

Oh man, that is awesome!

I don't think the manufacturer is still around, though. Could be some issues.

Doh'!

Ah well, I support a companies choice to stay silent on the SOPA issue, they shouldn't feel inclined to show their allegiance. But if they do feel inclined, they had better be against SOPA dammit...

Hard Reset on the government might actually be a good idea, Sega. Dang they're smarter than me.

Zachary Amaranth:

Please. Sega aren't miracle workers.

I guess the miracle here is they are now, seeing that Generations was considered good by the majority of critics and gamers. :"3

ProjectTrinity:
Hard Reset on the government might actually be a good idea, Sega. Dang they're smarter than me.

Zachary Amaranth:

Please. Sega aren't miracle workers.

I guess the miracle here is they are now, seeing that Generations was considered good by the majority of critics and gamers. :"3

Yay for taking jokes literally!

with all senators and most members of the house voting for the NDAA BEFORE they excluded American citizens, I'd say it's time we cleared as much junk as possible.

AK-47 isn't even nessicary, just gotta remind people they can vote.

Yeah, very amusing, but they still don't say what they think about SOPA.

Cowards.

that was pretty funny, so as the video. but i did hope they would have come with a serious respond to this matter. well, at least they did something. thats good enough :)

While it is a great advice it reminded me how much I fucking despise automated responses. Video was funny though :D

Grey Carter:
snip

The AK47 is a bit OldSchool mate, personally I'd go for the more functional M4 carbine.
Or if you really wanna go Retro, grab yourself a Tommy-Gun and show those cockaroaches what-for! >:D

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here