Tribes: Ascend Trailer Works Some Dead Island Mojo

Tribes: Ascend Trailer Works Some Dead Island Mojo

The new Tribes: Ascend trailer is a touching, heart-wrenching, reverse-slo-mo cinematic experience that might strike you as just a wee bit familiar.

Remember that sorrowful Dead Island trailer that made the rounds last year, the one with the little girl who falls to her death after her father can't save her from a zombie apocalypse? It's okay if you cried when you first saw it; it's one of the most uniquely moving videogame promotional trailers ever made.

Now imagine all that sadness with the added tragedy of almost having the flag and then BOOM! Some jerk pastes you from behind and suddenly you're doing a ragdoll swan dive off a 50-meter platform, and it's respawn time.

Is it the most original trailer ever? No. Is it awesome? Absolutely. Remember, kids: "Friends don't let friends llama. Gotta go fast."

The PC-exclusive, free-to-play Tribes: Ascend is currently in open beta and set to go live on April 12.

Shazbot is the best fictional swear word ever.

I would think of a smart reply but i need to play more tribes ascend.

Looks More like Tribes Descend amIright?

Friends don't let friends llama.

Well...

I wonder if they've mentioned how expensive classes are yet... Cause they ain't cheap I'm telling ya.

Kinda funny how almost everyone seem to miss the real tradegy. The guy going for the flag at speed, just to have mr. llama take it RIGHT in front of him and immediately die.

endtherapture:

Fictional...I think Not.

I LOVE IT!

Great Trailer

Feriluce:
Kinda funny how almost everyone seem to miss the real tradegy. The guy going for the flag at speed, just to have mr. llama take it RIGHT in front of him and immediately die.

That's the best part. You just see the capper in slo-mo just about to get the flag, and the llama just takes it right before he gets to it. That would piss me off so much.

Hilarious trailer.

That was hilarious. Some tears may have escaped my eyes during the duration of this trailer.

I am REALLY looking forward to this game.

Played the closed Beta, nope this is boring. Played the open Beta, still boring. The game is free to play? maybe third time lucky!

Although I seriously doubt it, the battlegrounds look like they're from Mass Effect 1's Mako sections, and who liked those desolate places?

The tragidy was the guy that nearly got the flag only for slow ass lama to ruin the day

(Butcher got what he deserved if you ask me)

Diamond sword all the way

lol is it just me or did they steal some of the voice acts from unreal?? mwahaha still i think this game might end up soakin up much of my time - unless firefall pulls their rather bizzare concept off

I only have one question about this game. Can players run servers and what are the player # limits? If its still up at 128 or 256 player capable. I'll definately be getting it. If its 64 or 32 .. I'll let it pass.

Fastest shooter ever... werent that Quake ?

I love it, and I really like Tribes ascend. Though, I don't have a good enough computer to run it well :(

I know that it won't be cool to admit this, but I've never heard the term "llama" used in this context. Is it only used in tribes or have I just been playing the wrong games?

It's a real shame that the game is completely appalling.

endtherapture:

This man beat me on the first post.

OT:Cool, I loved Aerial Assault.

EvilMaggot:
Fastest shooter ever... werent that Quake ?

i think it will still be since tribes always had this vast fighting areas.
but perhaps this will be compensated by the number of players that can fight on a map...

Nile McMorrow:
I wonder if they've mentioned how expensive classes are yet... Cause they ain't cheap I'm telling ya.

Not really. If you buy the basic VIP pack for $30 you're getting a permanent xp boost and enough gold to unlock most of what you want. For a third of what a game usually costs, I'd say that's a great deal.

Now if only Dead Island was half as good as its own trailer.

F'Angus:
I am REALLY looking forward to this game.

It is available. Right now. You can play it. Right now! It's so good it may be a TF2 contender. Right Now! I'm going to play it. RIGHT @)&#ING NOW!

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.