Watch Leaked Amazing Spiderman Clips

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Yay, it still looks like shit. I dont have to be as bothered when people tell me Im wrong for being mostly content with the third spiderman film

I am clearly the only person in the world that is looking forward to this film. Big fan of Andrew Garfield and Marc Webb directed 500 Days of Summer, which is quite possibly my favourite film... ever. Plus, the casting is fantastic. Rhys Ifans is an odd yet fantastic choice for the Lizard, Emma Stone has been in consistently good films since Easy A, and the supporting cast is just... my God. Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben? A medal for whoever made that casting choice. Sally Field as Aunt May? I literally can't think of another actress who is more suited to the role. And Dennis Leary as George Stacy? I'm pretty sure only Nathan Fillion tops him as a better casting choice.

Plus, they're basically giving the fans what they want at this point. Mechanical web-shooters? Check. A one-villain movie with a fan favourite antagonist? Check. Gwen-fucking-Stacy? Check.

Fuck the haters, I'm looking forward to it.

Greg Tito:
Here's a free tip for Marc Webb on directing The Amazing Spider-Man: If you're going to remake a movie, don't directly steal scenes from the previous director's interpretation.

Firstly, I'm going to get a little pedantic here: remake and reboot? Not the same thing. Secondly, I think it's a bit of a stretch to say Marc Webb is stealing anything. I mean, two scenes are similar so Webb is suddenly some scene-stealing villain? I doubt Webb is brazen or stupid enough to steal a scene from the original and figure nobody would care.

I don't know, I think instead of remaking a movie, they should have remade a musical. Or a comic series.

Seriously, I don't see how we can get very much from a new Spider-man origin story. In my mind, that's always the worst part: having to meet all the characters and waiting for them to meet each other, and then waiting for something to go wrong. Just cut to the chase already.

I cant stand haters and I cant stand trolls always looking for a reason to hate snd it seems every single last one of you (almoost) are all hating and saying crap, everything about those clips were great and you really need to get your heads out of your butts( yeah give it to marvel see Ultimate Spider-man tv series) I cant wait for this movie

QUICK!!! EVERYONE! LETS BASE OUR HATE FOR AN ENTIRE MOVIE ON 30 SECONDS OF FOOTAGE!

Yeah. Sounds Logical. Intellectual even. I'm looking forward to this. Always been a fan of spider man.

Greg Tito:
The final clip repeats an age-old joke but not very well. Unused to his super-human strength, Peter Parker can't even brush his teeth without smashing the tube, ripping off the faucet and finally the door knob. I don't have a problem with reusing good sight gags, but Sam Raimi basically did the exact same thing in the first Spider-Man with Tobey Maguire fumbling around his bedroom.

That was with Webs. Also if you're gonna do that I can off hand mention several movies that do the same thing.

Wolverine Origins (cutting the sink and radiator up with his claws), X-Men Last Stand (Banshee trying to fly using his voice), Superman Returns (young Clark Sequence learning to fly falling through the barn roof), The Incredibles (Robert Parr slips on his skateboard to bend the car frame), X-Men 1 (rogue, not so much fooling around with powers, puts her boyfriend in a coma), Captain America (Running so fast he falls through the window), Iron Man 1 (The Fly tests and blaster tests), Kung Fu Panda (when Po first starts fighting Tia Lung and is getting used to being the Dragon Warrior)

It's old and done by many others.

Green Lantern, be happy.

You are no longer the latest, worst adaptation of a comic book character.

Actually, such a scene doesn't exist in the first Raimi film (practicing using his webs is not even conceptually the same thing) so I think maybe Tito is just inventing stuff in his head again.

And to whomever said The Incredible Hulk (2008) was about the genesis of the Hulk: what the hell are you smoking? Can people at least try to be factually accurate when making their arguments?

Caffeine_Bombed:

Cheery Lunatic:
Well Jesus Christ guys, most of you guys sound determined to hate the movie, and came in looking at the clips from that perspective.

Realize this is less than two minutes worth of clips, so please, calm your balls.

That's the impression I got too.
Mind you, I can't friggin' stand the 'original' trilogy and I'm actually really looking forward to this so maybe that's why I liked these clips. Saw absoloutely nothing wrong with them.
Some people just seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel for reasons to dislike these clips.
'Spider-Man wouldn't do that to a criminal' - What comics have YOU been reading?
'His stance is wrong' - Fucking what??

And if I may quote wikipedia regarding the cancelled Spider-Man 4:
"Raimi also discussed his desire to upgrade Bruce Campbell from a cameo appearance to a significant role. It was reported in December 2009 that John Malkovich was in negotiations to play Vulture and that Anne Hathaway would play Felicia Hardy, though she would not have transformed into the Black Cat as in the comics. Instead, Raimi's Felicia was expected to become a new superpowered figure called the Vulturess"

Fuck. Sam. Raimi.

Haters are going to hate?

Ok lets get one thing straight. This is no way a remake, this is a completely different movie set in a completely different dimension.

The 3 spider-man movies that have been release follows the comics known as "Peter Parker is Spider-man" where this one follows as it says "The Amazing Spider-man" and this will mean different Peters with different personalities.

Hell if anyone in this thread knew anything about Marvel or DC they would had figured out that.

I don't feel like crapping on the film 3 months before it comes out. I thought Wolverine would be awesome and was wrong. I thought Iron Man was going to suck and I was dead wrong. I'm always willing to be surprised.

I'm going to be fair to the film when it comes out. I think it's taking some risks with the story that could work if done correctly. I like the casting of all of the characters especially Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben and Emma Stone as Gwen Stacey, but I have never seen any of Mr. Garfield's work before so I have no comment on him. I'm not so sure about the choice of director because his only widespread movie was 500 Days of Summer which was a fine film due in no small part to Joseph Gordon-Levitt being a great actor, but it was a different genre which scares me.

Anyhow I can say I do find myself wanting to see the film. The Spider-man brand has on record been very good when it comes to movies and tv shows (minus the latest ultimate spiderman crap).

Double post due to captcha, sorry

Thomas Guy:
I may be one of the few people who didn't like Raimi's Spider-Man. He was soul less. Never joked, never had any banter. Just give Spidey back to Marvel please.

Agreed.

The second one was the only good film and that was because of Octavious.

I personally don't think spiderman is ever going to be transferred to film very well. Because people are hung up on using a real person to play him, but in the comics everything about spiderman, his posture, the way he walks, crawls, jumps, perches on fences and poles etc.

It's very inhuman.

If Webb can get Campbell to do a cameo than this movie is instantly redeemed for any lack of quality...

First off, I think we're all in agreement that having Bruce Campbell in the movie would make it at least a bajillion times better. Having Bruce Campbell in every movie would produce that effect.

Beyond that, still meh. I know that these 3 short clips are in no way indicative of the final product, but my opinion on the whole thing still stands at "meh".
I liked the original trilogy, and I actually liked Spidey 3 for the most part. And I still can't get over how this movie came to be. I know that's not fair, but the fact that this is what's preventing Spidey from becoming part of Marvel's movie-verse just makes it very hard not to dislike. Add in the fact that none of the trailers I've seen have really sold me on the project and I just can't get excited about this thing.

And as far as I know, Bruce Campbell is not in the movie... so it loses a few points for that too.

Looks fine to me. Acting doesn't bother me. Looking forward to it. They should have had some Martin Sheen scenes though, that would have sparked a ton of attention.

Abandon4093:

I personally don't think spiderman is ever going to be transferred to film very well. Because people are hung up on using a real person to play him, but in the comics everything about spiderman, his posture, the way he walks, crawls, jumps, perches on fences and poles etc.

It's very inhuman.

I think it's more about Spider-Man's character. If you watch ANY of the cartoons, Spider-Man is a sarcastic, light-hearted, and funny super-hero. He had his moments of depression and guilt, but which superheroes don't? Sam Raimi's Spider-Man upped the depressing nature to ridiculous levels, culminating in that stupid dance sequence in the third movie.

Audacity:

That was with Webs. Also if you're gonna do that I can off hand mention several movies that do the same thing.

Wolverine Origins (cutting the sink and radiator up with his claws), X-Men Last Stand (Banshee trying to fly using his voice), Superman Returns (young Clark Sequence learning to fly falling through the barn roof), The Incredibles (Robert Parr slips on his skateboard to bend the car frame), X-Men 1 (rogue, not so much fooling around with powers, puts her boyfriend in a coma), Captain America (Running so fast he falls through the window), Iron Man 1 (The Fly tests and blaster tests), Kung Fu Panda (when Po first starts fighting Tia Lung and is getting used to being the Dragon Warrior)

It's old and done by many others.

Sparrow:

Firstly, I'm going to get a little pedantic here: remake and reboot? Not the same thing. Secondly, I think it's a bit of a stretch to say Marc Webb is stealing anything. I mean, two scenes are similar so Webb is suddenly some scene-stealing villain? I doubt Webb is brazen or stupid enough to steal a scene from the original and figure nobody would care.

Ok, good to see some people addressed this. I feel it's very unfair of the writer to accuse a "getting used to powers scene" of absolutely being a direct copy of a similar scene. Never mind that when adapting a comic book, MANY things are going to be similar.

I think part of the issue is that nerds/gamers/less social types as a whole hate people who are above average in attractiveness and social status that are in the same relative age range, especially in a school setting, having super powers and abilities in a movie grounded more in reality than others.

Since it's sorta like a multi-millionare winning the lottery

edit

I had hopes, but I was suspicious of the movie's quality from the beginning, considering we just finished a trilogy only 5 years ago. It feels like an attempt at a quick cash-in from the previous movies' successes.

I'm not exactly an insider, here, but I rather got the impression that it wasn't so much crowbarring Venom into Spider-Man 3 that killed the franchise so much as Raimi telling the suits "...and you're smoking crack if you think I'm going to stand for that shit again...!" that led to the reboot.

[quote="Sparrow" post="7.362199.14214049"]I am clearly the only person in the world that is looking forward to this film.

You're not. I'm one of the few that doesn't like the Raimi movies at all.
I grew up on the Ultimate Spider Man comics and this looks to be a lot like them, which I like.

Also guys, don't call a movie shit based on two minutes of poorly edited clips with shitty sound quality. Please.

Thomas Guy:
I may be one of the few people who didn't like Raimi's Spider-Man. He was soul less. Never joked, never had any banter. Just give Spidey back to Marvel please.

I agree. It's why I love Spiderman. He's such a troll

I think this looks great. This isn't a terribly popular opinion, but Sam Raimi's Spider-Man movies weren't very good representations of the character. Sure, they're entertaining superhero films in their own right... But they're not about Spider-Man. Not really.

Now, this guy. This is the Spider-Man I know. In the comics, villains hated Spider-Man not just because he could lay down a beating- they hated him because he would humiliate them, too. Heck, at least with Iron Man, it's over once you're hit by a repulsor beam. Spidey will bruise your face and your ego.

Very nice to see the films are getting back into the spirit of what the character should be.

hahahahaha *gasp* hahahahahaha this looks like utter rubbish! this is a wait till dvd then wait longer till drunk and in dvd store kind of movie.

Sooo yeah. I like the look of this film. This seems like a film I could enjoy. Don't hate me.

And I won't be judging it until I've seen it. A few trailers and these clips are not going to make me decide on the spot.

EDIT. Also I hated the 3rd film. It was utter shite.

Robert Ewing:
This is like that parplexing hulk remake, that went into production the SAME YEAR as the release of the OTHER hulk movie, and were both ABOUT the genesis of the Hulk. So it was essentially the same movie, released twice, but with a different subplot. It was so weird...

This is a needless remake! Raimi's movies were completely and utterly demonstrably fine! Sure the third one tripped at the last hurdle. But it's too soon!

A remake in 20 or 30 years I can understand, but why now!?

I don't get this you must wait 22.3 years before you could make a remake of something, especially when that something is coming from comics a medium know for running multiple continuities at once just because they wanted to try something different with the character. Not saying I expect the movie to be good but judging because it didn't allow some senseless made up counter to run down before getting made is just silly.

Also you'd be surprised how much some good editing can improve a bad scene and I did like the second scene it made me chuckle. The first scene made no scene though.

After seeing the second clip I just really wanna punch this new Spiderman in the face. >.>

The second clip suffers from a lack of ambiance, soundtrack and proper ADR, creating a really weird tone. I'm sure this'll be fixed in the final cut.

This movie is still not going to be for me though. It just lacks camp, and every superhero movie should have atleast a dash. Which is why I didn't like Nolan's Batman. But, whatever lets Sony hold on to the franchise, I guess.

DVS BSTrD:
There's smoke coming out of his wrists in the second clip. They're going back to the web cartridges?

Looks like a Bruce Campbel cameo is just about the only thing that could make this movie bearable at this point.

Soviet Heavy:
That still looks awful, and his acting is making it worse.

I think Garfield has forgotten the meaning of the word sincerity.

Please, enlighten me, what exactly is wrong with the cartridges? I can guarantee that there'll be at least one scene where he runs out in a heated moment but Spider-man 2 had a whole bunch of those.

As for the bad humour, I'm going to assume that was more to do with the poor editing in their first pass, and craptacular audio and video. I did enjoy some of the other witty scenes shown over the past few months so I'm not letting a clip that I can scarcely understand ruin that.

Can't believe people are getting on the movie's case about how Peter isn't enough like Raimi's Peter, even though this is the one that actually conforms to the comics.

Honestly, this whole thing reeks of the Escapist repeating the Diana Allers situation. "A horrible voice actor who you can tell to go away immediately upon meeting? It's like Bioware wants this game to fail."

So yeah, reserving judgment.

Akisa:

Caffeine_Bombed:

Cheery Lunatic:
Well Jesus Christ guys, most of you guys sound determined to hate the movie, and came in looking at the clips from that perspective.

Realize this is less than two minutes worth of clips, so please, calm your balls.

That's the impression I got too.
Mind you, I can't friggin' stand the 'original' trilogy and I'm actually really looking forward to this so maybe that's why I liked these clips. Saw absoloutely nothing wrong with them.
Some people just seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel for reasons to dislike these clips.
'Spider-Man wouldn't do that to a criminal' - What comics have YOU been reading?
'His stance is wrong' - Fucking what??

And if I may quote wikipedia regarding the cancelled Spider-Man 4:
"Raimi also discussed his desire to upgrade Bruce Campbell from a cameo appearance to a significant role. It was reported in December 2009 that John Malkovich was in negotiations to play Vulture and that Anne Hathaway would play Felicia Hardy, though she would not have transformed into the Black Cat as in the comics. Instead, Raimi's Felicia was expected to become a new superpowered figure called the Vulturess"

Fuck. Sam. Raimi.

Haters are going to hate?

Oh wow. A meme. How...creative?

looks preaty bad... could be worse i guess...
im just waiting to see if they fuck up the lizard...

Robert Ewing:
This is like that parplexing hulk remake, that went into production the SAME YEAR as the release of the OTHER hulk movie, and were both ABOUT the genesis of the Hulk. So it was essentially the same movie, released twice, but with a different subplot. It was so weird...

This is a needless remake! Raimi's movies were completely and utterly demonstrably fine! Sure the third one tripped at the last hurdle. But it's too soon!

They may be leading up to bring him into the next avengers movie ( that's if it doesn't tank!) but i could be wrong.

OT: I liked spidey 1&2, 3 not so much but it wasn't terrible, i haven't seen much of this new spider-man so i'm going to see it with an open mind, but what i don't understand is my he has to make his own web cartridges? I feel it makes more sense for it to be like in the first spider-man movie, as he did get bitten by a radioactive spider that altered his DNA (although i may be missing something as I've only read one comic, if someone could enlighten me by pointing me to a wiki on his origin or something that would be swell)

ELCTea:

Robert Ewing:

They may be leading up to bring him into the next avengers movie ( that's if it doesn't tank!) but i could be wrong.

OT: I liked spidey 1&2, 3 not so much but it wasn't terrible, i haven't seen much of this new spider-man so i'm going to see it with an open mind, but what i don't understand is my he has to make his own web cartridges? I feel it makes more sense for it to be like in the first spider-man movie, as he did get bitten by a radioactive spider that altered his DNA (although i may be missing something as I've only read one comic, if someone could enlighten me by pointing me to a wiki on his origin or something that would be swell)

Basically you know how Batman is not just a great martial artist but also a great detective? Spider-man doesn't just have spider powers, he is meant to be a really gifted inventor.

The comics always had web cartridges, the recent films changed it (I prefer them being organic but whatever) the comics changed Spider-man to using a device to make web and then changed it back.

Now that's the Spider-Man I know from the comics! Can't wait to watch this film now.

Zachary Amaranth:

DVS BSTrD:
There's smoke coming out of his wrists in the second clip. They're going back to the web cartridges?

He says in the clip that he invented it, so yeah.

Second clip kind of amused me, honestly.

The second clip didn't sit well with me at all. It makes Spidey out to be some kind of super-bully to criminals. I'm not opposed to him having a sense of humor, but the guy is begging for him to stop, and I think that is going a bit far for Spidey (not with symbiote).

On that note, all these previews and leaked footage... and we still haven't really seen the moment that turns Parker into Spiderman (i.e. Ben dying and making him take more responsibility with his abilities). That came off as entirely pivotal in the previous series, in the comics, and in the animated series. So why has it not even been mentioned at all during any of this, yet we hear all about his parents (which we never hear much of anywhere else)? I'm not saying they're changing that too, but I'm getting mighty suspicious.

ELCTea:

Robert Ewing:

It is VERY unlikely that will happen. "Avengers" is owned by Marvel and "Spiderman" (movie rights at least) is currently owned by Sony. The only reason this movie is even getting made as quickly as it is, is because Sony has to make a movie every so often just to keep the rights to Spiderman movies (like Fox has with X-Men). Otherwise, I'm sure Marvel would have jumped at the chance to make that idea happen.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.