PAX East 2012: BioWare Claims TOR 1.2 Is the "Biggest Update Ever"

Pages PREV 1 2

boyvirgo666:

Wuvlycuddles:
Ah still doesn't make me wanna resub.

Tired of big companies jerking people around for more money by making em wait for ages for new patches. Can't speak for the quality as I quit the game some time ago, but Trion Worlds have put out more content in a year than Blizzard have in more than two and that's a company less than a quarter their size! So one would think with the staff and money of a large company like Bioware or Blizzard they could deliver lots of quality content in (relatively) short amounts of time, hell if they did I'd probably still be subbed to wow!

Iv been saying that for years. Its like how CCP claims that they will release ships from the design contest then they are like 5 years backlogged on it. Dc universe promised monthly updates and events. If you are paying for expansion of content but not getting it you should get a refund.

In MMOs you aren't paying for new content, you are paying to play the game and have access to the servers. You get additional content for free as they implement it. Besides, TOR has been out for less than 4 months, it's not completely unreasonable to have to wait this long for the next update.

Axyun:
I can't see how they can call the update "free" when players are paying $15 a month to play. Constant updates and new content is a must, not a charity.

Look up what the word "Marketing" means

"Update 1.2 is a huge, massive update; it's probably one of the biggest, if not the biggest, free game updates ever,"

Seeing how patch updates for subscription games is "free", I guess that's FAR from being the biggest "free" game update ever.

Taking that definition, WoW Cataclysm was by far the biggest free update ever.

cookyy2k:
"biggest ever" from the same people who brought you "not just A, B or C"...

I'll believe it when I see it.

Casey Hudson isn't working on SWTOR. Which is good, just think of how much worse the stories would have been.

Things not coming into the supposed "this'll fix everything" patch

Multiple Talent Spec options
LFG Channel or better yet a severwide LFG system
Sever consolidation(Hopped on tonight Entire sea of Green servers reading "Light" population)
Nothing about Flashpoints at level 50 dropping worthless items for bossrewards nor did I see anything about bug fixes to the various bugged encounters(I am guessing they just forgot to include that. I hope)

Thankfully we get Chiss Force users, because hey who cares about the lore, a race who can't use the Force can now use it cus ..Bioware felt like it.

At least we got that. *sigh* I don't see myself playing this game once my time runs out. It's so, sad to see such potential and awesome wasted.

Parnage:
Things not coming into the supposed "this'll fix everything" patch

Multiple Talent Spec options
LFG Channel or better yet a severwide LFG system
Sever consolidation(Hopped on tonight Entire sea of Green servers reading "Light" population)
Nothing about Flashpoints at level 50 dropping worthless items for bossrewards nor did I see anything about bug fixes to the various bugged encounters(I am guessing they just forgot to include that. I hope)

Thankfully we get Chiss Force users, because hey who cares about the lore, a race who can't use the Force can now use it cus ..Bioware felt like it.

At least we got that. *sigh* I don't see myself playing this game once my time runs out. It's so, sad to see such potential and awesome wasted.

The first 2 you listed are coming in 1.3, Server transfers are happening sooner than that, I've never seen the flashpoint problem, but a host of bug fixes are going into endgame operations and flashpoints.

Chiss can be force users in the lore.
SOURCE: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sev%27rance_Tann

3 Chiss Force users in the entire Star Wars Lore Does not make chiss a force using race. I am aware of them but it's still utter nonsense to have them as a Playable class. Amusingly enough this still doesn't answer why Chiss would even visit the Republic. The Chiss are one of the most xenophobic races in the galaxy the republic is not them at all. Hell even the Empire is denied off the homeworld.

As far as 1.3 Why should the People who are stuck on dead servers have to wait even longer because Bioware supposedly lacks the technology. I am one of the lucky ones on the high pop realms and I can't imagine trying to play this game on one of the dozen or so near dead realms I see.

You've never seen the flashpoint problems? Really? Hit level 50, do a normal end level flashpoint and enjoy the Green loot drops not even some blue mods, just stuff you end up getting rid of.
Directive 7 as an agent if I am cloned on the 2nd boss infinite clones rather or not the boss dies they keep coming and it's a wipe. Not even Sniper clones, tons of every kind of class. It's silly.

Things like MultiSpec/LFG should of been on at release. 1.2 was supposed to bring basic features into a game and make everyone feel great. Instead we get Chiss on republic, and some content that'll last a month.

I love the potential of this game but every step of the way it seems Bioware needs to be dragged into things and fix things that quite frankly I know where concerns in Beta. It saddens me because the effort and awesome this game has it deserves better then what it's getting.

Parnage:
3 Chiss Force users in the entire Star Wars Lore Does not make chiss a force using race. I am aware of them but it's still utter nonsense to have them as a Playable class. Amusingly enough this still doesn't answer why Chiss would even visit the Republic. The Chiss are one of the most xenophobic races in the galaxy the republic is not them at all. Hell even the Empire is denied off the homeworld.

Actually it proves that the species can be force sensitive. So it's not improbable they could be jedi or sith, especially if they come from a force sensitive family. Where does it say that every Chiss has to be xenophobic and sided with the empire? Furthermore not everyone has access to Chiss republic, you have to unlock it with the legacy system, which is harder than you think.

Parnage:

As far as 1.3 Why should the People who are stuck on dead servers have to wait even longer because Bioware supposedly lacks the technology. I am one of the lucky ones on the high pop realms and I can't imagine trying to play this game on one of the dozen or so near dead realms I see.

Server transfers for oceanic and Asian servers are happening right after 1.2 launches, actual server transfers aren't happening until later, but they did say it was very high priority for them.

Parnage:

You've never seen the flashpoint problems? Really? Hit level 50, do a normal end level flashpoint and enjoy the Green loot drops not even some blue mods, just stuff you end up getting rid of.
Directive 7 as an agent if I am cloned on the 2nd boss infinite clones rather or not the boss dies they keep coming and it's a wipe. Not even Sniper clones, tons of every kind of class. It's silly.

I've been 50 for over 2 months, I don't do normal mode flashpoints, I jumped right into heroics at 50. They did mention both of these issues at PAX though, should be fixed in 1.2.

Parnage:

Things like MultiSpec/LFG should of been on at release. 1.2 was supposed to bring basic features into a game and make everyone feel great. Instead we get Chiss on republic, and some content that'll last a month.

I don't know about that, multi-spec and LFG really aren't essential parts of the game, that and I think it's important to build server community first and then implement a finder. Same with multi-spec, it's probably wiser to let people learn one specc first before you make it so they can learn two.

Parnage:

I love the potential of this game but every step of the way it seems Bioware needs to be dragged into things and fix things that quite frankly I know where concerns in Beta. It saddens me because the effort and awesome this game has it deserves better then what it's getting.

Chill out, dude. Game's been out less than 4 months, Rome wasn't built in a day and you can't expect a ton of stuff to come out all at once. Furthermore things have to be tested beforehand to make sure they actually function before being implemented. It's been 3 months since 1.1 and likely even less time before 1.3 comes along(this is what Ohlen said anyway).

http://www.swtor.com/blog/scheduled-maintenance-game-update-1.2-april-12-2012

Apparently it is coming out this week.

WMDogma:
Did some additional research and found that BioWare confirmed that the "early April" release date was a mix up. Thanks for pointing this out!

Mouse_Crouse:
http://www.swtor.com/blog/scheduled-maintenance-game-update-1.2-april-12-2012

Apparently it is coming out this week.

WMDogma:
Did some additional research and found that BioWare confirmed that the "early April" release date was a mix up. Thanks for pointing this out!

I'm really gonna hate to see my server Thursday after it comes back up, I'm expecting full and queues >:(

animehermit:

cieply:
Well I had a laugh reading this!

How long it has been since release? Half a year? And JUST NOW they released ranked PvP, it's mind boggling. Imagine playing random scenarios with no goal or rank for half a year! Trust me, any pvp-ers that played TOR where among the first who jumped into the lifeboats.

You have no idea what you're talking about. There has been a pvp progression in the game since launch.

Please explain it to me, because in my mind, it's hard to achieve aynthing in pvp when you don't have ranked games. PvP gear grind doesn't count as it's tedious "carrot on a stick" mechanic.

cieply:

animehermit:

cieply:
Well I had a laugh reading this!

How long it has been since release? Half a year? And JUST NOW they released ranked PvP, it's mind boggling. Imagine playing random scenarios with no goal or rank for half a year! Trust me, any pvp-ers that played TOR where among the first who jumped into the lifeboats.

You have no idea what you're talking about. There has been a pvp progression in the game since launch.

Please explain it to me, because in my mind, it's hard to achieve aynthing in pvp when you don't have ranked games. PvP gear grind doesn't count as it's tedious "carrot on a stick" mechanic.

Having ranked Warzones doesn't really add anything to achieve that the game didn't already have before, it does change progression up, and, on the whole, it's more balanced now.

You stated that the game's PVP had no clear goal before, which isn't true, the goal was to hit valor rank 60 for the best PVP gear in the game.

animehermit:
Having ranked Warzones doesn't really add anything to achieve that the game didn't already have before, it does change progression up, and, on the whole, it's more balanced now.

You stated that the game's PVP had no clear goal before, which isn't true, the goal was to hit valor rank 60 for the best PVP gear in the game.

Looks like we'll get the change to find out... less then 12 hours before patch they tell us Ranked WZs are out.

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or