Ocean Marketing Rep Sues Former Employers

Pages PREV 1 2

Someone needs to be removed from the Genepool

There's an old saying in my land:
"Prostul nu e prost, daca nu e si fudul"
Translated, it would be:
"An idiot isn't a proper idiot if he isn't a pompous prick as well"

ThunderCavalier:
I feel very bad for Christoforo's lawyer.

He's probably thinking, "Exactly what the fuck my life or any of my previous lives did I do in order to deserve such a cruel and unforgiving punishment as being forced to represent this moron?"

I have a feeling he just doesn't know about how much of this is out in the open when he took the job.
Or he is getting payed anyway and dose not care.

This poor bastard just doesn't know when to quit.

Apparently, he's been throwing racist remarks at one of the guys from PA(not Mike or Jerry, I think he does the PA report) and they trolled him back.

Well we've put another incredible PAX to bed. I've been asked to comment on a few of the stories that came out of the show this year. It seems that after three days of games, music and community what people people keep asking me about is the guy who took off his pants, and boobs. I'll go ahead and give you my take on both of those but first I want to talk about the other story that is making the rounds. That being our trolling of Paul Christoforo.

THE PRANK

You might remember Paul as the guy from Ocean Marketing who self destructed on the internet a few months ago. What you might not know is that in the intervening months Paul has continued to harass me and PA via his twitter. He claimed that he would be coming to the show, regardless of the fact that he was banned. He threatened us and said he would be at PAX East in disguise. When the show finally arrived he began posting photos from the floor claiming he was here and that he took the pics himself. The only problem with that is that his phone was also tweeting his location...which happened to be in California.

On Saturday Paul befriended a con goer from his hometown on twitter. What Paul did not know is that this guy, along with growing up in the same town Paul did, was also a security guard at the PAX convention center. This guard is a huge gamer and he immediately came to us after starting up this conversation with Paul. First we attempted to set up a meeting here in Boston but obviously Paul said he couldn't do it. Then Mr. Christoforo asked his new best friend to send him some photos from the show floor. We took the pictures ourselves but before we sent them to Paul Robert created a new Twitter account and uploaded all the pics.

They were then sent to Paul and sure enough he began tweeting them as his own. He posted all of our pictures claiming that they were taken on his iPhone and even dared people to find the duplicates. He bragged that he had gotten past all of our enforcers and that he was in fact in the show. I actually felt a twinge of guilt as I watched the man dig himself deeper and deeper into a hole. That passed quickly though as I remembered all the violent and racist threats he made towards Robert and I.

At this point I went to my own Twitter, pointing out "his" latest photos and then linking people to the originals we took. A quick look at the time stamps was all it took to see that they had obviously been posted hours before Paul ever claimed them as his own. I have to admit this was not as satisfying as it could have been simply because Paul didn't understand what had happened. After about an hour, people stopped simply laughing at him and instead were trying to explain to him what had transpired. At first he tried to claim that someone else must have been following him around the show and taking the exact same pictures. Eventually he seemed to realize the extent to which he had been fooled and he simply began raging against anyone and everyone he could find on Twitter.

At lunch the next day I was explaining all this to the rest of the PA crew. After the story Erika said something that I think sums it up nicely. She said, "I love working for a company where revenge is always an option."

What really pisses me off though is what Kotaku said about this back in December.

Oh thank goodness! I really needed a good laugh. Christoforo really is the gift that just keeps giving.

I mean it's all in the name right? Christoforo. I really hope Santa keeps him off the naughty list this year, purely for the joy and laughter he has brought into the homes of internet denizens everywhere.

This guy has got to be the worst troll ever.

Sixcess:
He's like a lemming on a bungee cord - can't quite hit the bottom of the cliff but he keeps trying.

I think he did actually hit it... he just bounced up afterwards and is going for a another hit. -_-

Dirty Hipsters:
It's like he doesn't realize that he's acting like a total ass and that no one likes him. He'd probably fit in perfectly with the cast of Jersey Shore.

You know what he's perfect for Jersey Shore, because he looks like the guys there only older, he as dumb as the guys there, and he will earn a lot of money for acting stupid in front of the camera.

So... This guy is suing his former employers for what HE wrote in HIS emails...

There are not enough faces nor enough palms...

I think we are ignoring the biggest issue here... HOW THE HELL DOES ONE USE THAT THING?!

tmande2nd:
So in other words:

Yeah CRY SOME MORE you brain damaged incompetent.

now now, that's an insult to brain-damaged people

this guy is just an incompetent jackass, there's a difference...
we can insult him all we want and it's still Pc :D

Brad Shepard:
I think we are ignoring the biggest issue here... HOW THE HELL DOES ONE USE THAT THING?!

the little arms bend round to your fingers at the back of the controller, so you can press them backwards instead of using your thumb, if for example you did not have a thumb or you feel moving it is costing you the game ( i am unconvinced, but it's possible i guess )

I feel anything I could say about this asshat is eclipsed by this:

Grab it while it's hot guys and gals, this should be fun!

Crimson_Dragoon:

piclemaniscool:
My popcorn is a bit stale, but I'll still gladly bring the container back for Cristoforo. So many questions: Why isn't he in jail? How could someone so legendarily stupid have gotten this far in life? Was the Avenger any good?

1. Unfortunately, being an ass isn't considered illegal.

2. Your guess is as good as mine on that one.

3. Apparently, pretty good. That's the biggest shame of all of this: that the controller - which is supposed to help people with disabilities play games - and its maker are getting their names dragged through the mud because of this jackass.

Well, I was referring to the time when he hijacked accounts and attempted to extort clients, which IS a crime. (link in OP, i'm not good with BBcode, plus on a mac right now)

piclemaniscool:

Crimson_Dragoon:

piclemaniscool:
My popcorn is a bit stale, but I'll still gladly bring the container back for Cristoforo. So many questions: Why isn't he in jail? How could someone so legendarily stupid have gotten this far in life? Was the Avenger any good?

1. Unfortunately, being an ass isn't considered illegal.

2. Your guess is as good as mine on that one.

3. Apparently, pretty good. That's the biggest shame of all of this: that the controller - which is supposed to help people with disabilities play games - and its maker are getting their names dragged through the mud because of this jackass.

Well, I was referring to the time when he hijacked accounts and attempted to extort clients, which IS a crime. (link in OP, i'm not good with BBcode, plus on a mac right now)

also didn't he threaten a couple of people that has to be illeagal

Oh nice! This guy again. I look forward to seeing what delicious entertainment this moron can provide me with.

And the Motto of the Moment when I came on this page was "Here we go again"

How appropriate.

I love this. I am so excited. I always wanted him to make a big comeback, and here it is!

This is why he can't have nice things.

Jesus, this man is LEGENDARILY stupid. How the hell can this twatbag not understand that NOBODY likes him and EVERYBODY hates him!? And yes! I'm aware that I made a tautology!

Sixcess:

He's like a lemming on a bungee cord - can't quite hit the bottom of the cliff but he keeps trying.

That's the funniest sentence I've read all day! Just thought you should know.

On another note, this all makes me want to try out that controller. Has anyone here ever used one?

Why can't anonymous do something useful and stop this guy ever having an internet connection ever again? I mean... DDOSing Virgin... ok... that's not going to be very effective. This guy will only have a computer... as opposed to an Entreprenures Empire which has enough infrastructure to be it's own country xD

:P I REALLY hope N-Control counter-sues after the judge laughs Christoforo out of the courtroom.

There's no need to lie to make him look bad.
In fact, you don't have to say anything.
He does it all on his own.

Christo: Yo', judge, these people have been lying and disrespecting me! I can't get any new clients for my own PR operation!

Judge: Sir, we have countless documents to affirm the assertions that were made against you. Emails sent by you in which you acted in a manner that in no way respected the customers of N-Control, thus giving them proper grounds to fire you as you were not performing proper services as a PR agent representing them. We have numerous testimonies that you are quote: "The douchiest douche that ever douched his way to graduation from Douchington State Douchiversity." And the general consensus from all those concerned is that you are just a horrible person.

Christo: You're lying! You don't have any email evidence! You're part of the reason I can't get any work! I'm going to sue you now!

Judge: Sir, I know this isn't a criminal case and that you are the plaintiff, but I'm sentencing you to life in prison without parole on the grounds that you are a heinous detriment to our society and to protect the mental well-being of the citizens of the world.

I have a hard time seeing how they could make him look worse than he has himself.

i cant honestly believe anyone would represent him, i know american lawyers have a reputation for being ambulance chaser and everything but i am sure any competent firm would tell him that he lacks any leg to stand on.

regardless gunna grab me some butterkiss and enjoy the proceedings, nom nom nom

Him again? Oh yay, we were totally missing another round of Hipster Douchebag action!

Oh, wait. We weren't. The gangplank to the Failboat's right this way, mister Christoforo, and your personal iceberg made of common sense and solid arguments against you is being prepped as we speak. You're all set for your shipwreck!

In other words:

Sweet loving jesus... the only employment options this moron will ever have is the foreign legion... and i don't think even they would touch him with a 10,000 foot pole.

I've seen some deluded 'its everyone's fault but my own' whingers in my time but this infant really takes the cake.

Grow the hell up and accept responsibility for your actions you douche.

Despite his jack-assery for the company, violating a contract is still, well, violating a contract. If what he claims is true, than there is a good chance this mouth breather could walk away with bit of money.

Assuming that they don't file a counter lawsuit. No doubt if he was doing PR work, he was under contract - and he definately violated that contract. Usually they have a clause that says, in more legal terms, "we can fire you if your an asshole to customers".

As for slander/libel - those are very difficult, in terms of international law. The burden is to prove that what they said was a lie, and how/why it was fabricated, against what information they had gathered and printed. Given the events that occured, a judge would more than likely throw these claims out.

As for him QQing about not making a living - he works in Public Relations. The point of Public Relations is to deal with unsavory attitudes or practices and to promote the companies interests and campaigns. There is more, but that's the surface. If you're dumb enough to flip shit at a handicapped person because they asked you politely when a product is shipping, you sunk your own ship. You never yell or threaten a customer. Ever.

You also don't threaten to sell their goods, threaten that you stole thousands of credit card numbers from various transactions, threaten people who set up some of the most important trade shows in the industry, who also has his own prominent media outlet - and above that, expect that business will be booming. You lost your job over your own actions, not anyone elses.

Sixcess:

This is my new favorite line. I just about fell out of my chair laughing at the mental image I got when I read it.
Thank you for this.

OT: So will he be sueing them on the People's Court? Please let him be his own attorney, please please please. Just let him spend Ten minutes pleading his case to any judge on the planet and the case will be thrown out and he will be fined for wasting time.

I'm surprised Chrisoforo hasn't been sued yet for damaging N-Control's public image.

This quote from Jay Crisp on facebook should be a required sig.

"It's like watching people from Jersey Shore in a grudge match with literacy."

Well done sir.

*giggle* that is all.

Brad Shepard:

I thought that too but its not as complicated as it looks

direkiller:

Brad Shepard:

I thought that too but its not as complicated as it looks

I would not waste money on this crap.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook