"Mid-Core" May Be the New "Casual"

Pages PREV 1 2

As people have already said, it's kind of hard to not see this coming. Somebody who's never played a game before isn't going anywhere near Dark Souls, they'll start off with simpler things and move up as they gain experience. This is why anyone who claims to hate casual gamers is a close-mined moron.
I wouldn't put myself in either "casual" or "core". I play a lot of games but I'm willing to play something simple and easy and I'm not going to go for the biggest challenge I can find. So where do I fit in?

Okay, the Metal genres already screwed over my mind, now you're coming at me with mid-cores and half-cores and whatnot.

Squidbulb:
ASomebody who's never played a game before isn't going anywhere near Dark Souls, they'll start off with simpler things and move up as they gain experience.

Call of Duty is pretty easy to pick up, and it sells like hot cakes. Yet people argue about it being "core" or "casual".

These definitions are meaningless, they only exist so that we have something to hate. Like "Mallcore". When something floods the market but doesn't have a lot of "substance" (it can be argued whether or not Farmville can be an actual "game") it's bound to be associated with different people (like the attempts of more traditional Metal trying to stay away from Mallcore fans).

God it's becoming like the punk/metal movement with so many damn 'cores'. Hardcore, NYC hardcore, grindcore, emocore, mathcore, blah blah blah.

EDIT: Damn, ninja'ed

Lunar Templar:
>.>

yay?

so this means casuals are moving on to big and better things,
>.> <.<
did any one not see this coming? its kinda how gaming works -.-

I've been saying that myself pretty much since the whole "casual/hardcore" thing sprung up. There ARE degrees to many things, after all.

Programmed_For_Damage:
God it's becoming like the punk/metal movement with so many damn 'cores'. Hardcore, NYC hardcore, grindcore, emocore, mathcore, blah blah blah.

I'm about to blow your mind.

COREcore.

So the casual crowd of "money wins" are invading the hardcore gamers market? what, ill have to retreat back to EVE where casuals dont survive after poking my head into this? Why cant you people just keep to yourself and stop invading our PC master race.
/sarcasm

Seriously, there always were such audience. and there will always be migration between it. And yes, there are people who go hardcore from the start. my first game was starcraft and i went instant-harcore on it (not the korean level of hardcore though).

p.s. capcha: it's over. i love the new cpachas.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.