First Tron: Uprising Episode Rises Up Online

Pages PREV 1 2

Legacy was such a disappointment. The first movie was this fun introduction to the infant computer nerd subculture. The sequel should have been an exploration of how the computer nerds basically took over and the whole world depends on them to function.

But instead they had a computer universe that was DISCONNECTED FROM THE INTERNET!!!1!!one!

So yeah that teaches me to be excited about an upcoming movie.

See, here's the problem with prequels: We already know how things end up.
In the film, Clu is unopposed. His major enemy having retreated and sequestered himself off grid. Therefore, we know that no matter what happens during the show, Beck must fail.
It is inevitable.

Disney seem to have locked Steve Chung in their basement to get him to do character designs.

I loved it, Cool design, great voice actors, expands on the movie and has that Batman beyond/ Spider-man feel. Also respects the audience enough to let them deal with pretty adult themes. Waaaayyyy better than I thought it would be

TIMESWORDSMAN:
See, here's the problem with prequels: We already know how things end up.
In the film, Clu is unopposed. His major enemy having retreated and sequestered himself off grid. Therefore, we know that no matter what happens during the show, Beck must fail.
It is inevitable.

Maybe they can partition some space on the server to separate the city from the rest of the grid. The whole premise seems pretty localized. I like that Clu is not a big part of it, means that it doesn't affect the main story too much.

just watched the first episode. pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCpqMqIVJDE

in case anyone wants a look.

Rage Builder:
For people having trouble with the regionlock, here's another version that I found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCpqMqIVJDE

If only I knew how to embed *sigh*

The code is just "youtube=" followed by everything after the "=" in the link. Doesn't even need a closing tag. So in this case, it would be "youtube=iCpqMqIVJDE", only with the [ ] instead of quotes. And that gives you this:

undeadsuitor:
...I watched the episode on TV earlier. I really couldn't get passed the lip movement animations. Is there a reason his mouth keeps moving after the words stop? Or was it just me.

Typical symptom of Japanese cartoon re-dubbed in English. Easy to spot from a galaxy away

doggie015:

undeadsuitor:
...I watched the episode on TV earlier. I really couldn't get passed the lip movement animations. Is there a reason his mouth keeps moving after the words stop? Or was it just me.

Typical symptom of Japanese cartoon re-dubbed in English. Easy to spot from a galaxy away

Wait, it's a japanese redub? News to me.

undeadsuitor:

doggie015:

undeadsuitor:

Wait, it's a japanese redub? News to me.

Isn't it obvious? Not only is there the lip-sync problem but it is easy tell a japanese-made animation from a western-made one from the overall style of the animation. And this definitely has the japanese style to it. The reason they would have gone to Japan for the animation is because it's cheaper!

I liked the first episode and the show looks promising. It make me feel like a kid watching the original back in the day.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here