StarCraft's Kerrigan Invades France

StarCraft's Kerrigan Invades France

Mon dieu! Zerg rush!

World of Warcraft's subscribers may be down from their peak numbers lately, but the kingpin MMO still has millions of players happily forking over their money every month to developer Blizzard Entertainment. That, of course, is on top of the millions of dollars from StarCraft II sales and, more recently, the whopping 6.3 million copies of Diablo III that sold in its first week on sales.

I mention this so that you have the proper mindset to appreciate the gallery seen here: Blizzard, you have more money than you know what to do with, don't you?

These pictures showcase the statue recently installed in front of Blizzard's office in Versailles, France - a statue of StarCraft II villain Kerrigan, the Queen of Blades. Crafted by Steve Wang, the bronze statue features Kerrigan in all her glory, probably ready to yank some poor Marine's spine out through his power armor.

As you can see, the detail here is nothing short of stupendous. It makes a nice counterpart to the 12-foot orc riding a wolf outside Blizzard's main office in Irvine, California, too.

My one quibble is with the material used to make the statue. Every StarCraft II player knows that the Bronze league is for chumps. I demand a Kerrigan statue carved out of solid Diamond, Blizzard! C'mon, you can afford it.

Source: Facebook

how do these things not get vandalized like crazy??

*uses imagination*

antipunt:

*uses imagination*

Aside from the insane security I assume Blizzard HQ would have, probably awesomeness. Would you want to vandalize something as awesome as the Orc or Kerrigan?

antipunt:

*uses imagination*

they probably have some automated banelings around the statue.

The way nintendo rule the hearts of a once young console generation, Blizz rules hearts of once young pc gamers. This statue and the one of the orc in the link make me smile, can't wait to see the diablo one turning up :D

Sean951:
Would you want to vandalize something as awesome as the Orc or Kerrigan?

I...*snrk*

OK, I almost went somewhere, but then decided against it. Hooo boy, my mind is ruined, dirty, and foul; stay away from me, pure souls!

I actually liked her original design a lot more than her Starcraft 2 design. This one is way too pretty'd up and sexualized which I guess is the way you have to go nowadays but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

One day, in the far, far future, some poor historian and/or archaeologist is going to find this statue and think it's a god of our primitive, backwards culture.

Well, lucky me that I'm stopping by France on my way to London. PHOTO OP!

HalfTangible:
One day, in the far, far future, some poor historian and/or archaeologist is going to find this statue and think it's a god of our primitive, backwards culture.

Wait... you mean she ISN'T?! Then why the hell have I been making blood sacrifices to my collector's edition of Starcraft 2?

Man, I wish I had enough money to just casually build a statue of me without having to worry about the costs at all.

Leemaster777:

HalfTangible:

Wait... you mean she ISN'T?! Then why the hell have I been making blood sacrifices to my collector's edition of Starcraft 2?

Don't listen to these heretics! Continue you're blood sacrifices to our goddess, it will please her and then she'll crush all your foes!

Nobody has made a "France Surrenders to Zerg Horde" joke yet?

Where's Raynor?

This is one awesomely detailed statue... but

Clive Howlitzer:
I actually liked her original design a lot more than her Starcraft 2 design. This one is way too pretty'd up and sexualized which I guess is the way you have to go nowadays but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Her posture is something I would expect from a WoW Succubus, but I haven't played SC2 so I don't know if Kerrigans behaviour fits that statue.
I just never perceived her as being that kind of a serene, seductive angel of death like the statue suggests.

Clive Howlitzer:

Indeed. Apparently high heels are the pinnacle of evolution nowadays and are excellent to fight on.

antipunt:

*uses imagination*

Probably the statue is always online.

Clive Howlitzer:

Just be greatful they didn't do that to the Orc.

Also, the artist's name is 'Wang'. Heh heh heh.

Can't help but feel that Zeratul would've been much cooler, and easier to make. But I can't really blame Blizz for not wanting a DT in their base.

Tassadar would've been nice, too.

Leemaster777:

HalfTangible:

Because she is not a god. SHE IS AN OVERGOD!!

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

So which office is getting Diablo in front?

Did I miss the raising of the white flag yet? Yes, okay :(

That is a cool statue though.

Clive Howlitzer:
I actually liked her original design a lot more than her Starcraft 2 design. This one is way too prettied up and sexualized which I guess is the way you have to go nowadays but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

I'm pretty sure making her more sexualized is supposed to be to mess with your head. I certainly would not like to go anywhere near her with my genitalia, but that fact that she skeletal breasts and feet deformed to look like high heels disturbs me on a deep level, because it's something that's sexualized in the most horrifying way possible.

Hudson15983:
Nobody has made a "France Surrenders to Zerg Horde" joke yet?

Why bother, they just gg and leave every time they see an opponent on the loading screen.

John Funk:

My one quibble is with the material used to make the statue. Every StarCraft II player knows that the Bronze league is for chumps. I demand a Kerrigan statue carved out of solid Diamond, Blizzard! C'mon, you can afford it.

Diamond? Bah! I demand a statue made out of SC2 Grand Masters! >:D

Sir Strange Of The House Lycan:

Clive Howlitzer:
I actually liked her original design a lot more than her Starcraft 2 design. This one is way too prettied up and sexualized which I guess is the way you have to go nowadays but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

I'm pretty sure making her more sexualized is supposed to be to mess with your head. I certainly would not like to go anywhere near her with my genitalia, but that fact that she skeletal breasts and feet deformed to look like high heels disturbs me on a deep level, because it's something that's sexualized in the most horrifying way possible.

You are giving Blizzard way too much credit. They just wanted her to be sexier so they could use her to help sell Starcraft 2 to males 12-18. Combine that with replacing her superior voice actor with one that is about as generic sultry as you can get and there you have it.
Boring Starcraft 2 Kerrigan! Of course I am probably jaded in that everything about Sc2 plays out like a 14 year olds fanfic.

Barefoot but with heels. I imagine that's somebody's fetish.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here