Rumor: Okami HD Re-Release Imminent

Pages PREV 1 2

The trailer says it'll be $20 dollars. Even if it does turn out to be $50 though, I'll still buy it. I've always been interested in this game, but have never had the chance to play it.

Daystar Clarion:

Guys!

Just...

Yeah...

I...

Yes please :D

anthony87:
But....why?

I mean there's no way that they can make Okami even prettier than it is..........right?

INB4 Daystar? Holy crap so I am! O_o

Everybody gets one!

.... ps3 exclusive with move support.

can i have my high five back?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH WANT. Honestly, this would just make everything so worth it atm; I'm squirming like a kid at christmas.

Hum... not a rumor anymore after checking that video.

I must say, and I'm not ashmed of saying this, that I screamed like a histerical girl when I watched it.
So pretty please, it can't come out quick enough!!!

Looks the Nintendo will be beaten to a HD Zelda game after all :P

Im not sure what a HD remake would entail as many of the games assests are based on sprites and clever (if very low res) texture tricks to create a hand drawn look with very few hardware assests.

As nice of the game looks its more a prouct of a cever work-around of the limitations of the PS2 than anything. Thats not he best place to sart from for a HD remake. The Wii-version removed some of the issues with the game obvious butting up against the PS2 limit but above that its going to be quite hard to paper over some of the cracks. Or in this case card-board trees.

hazabaza1:
YES YES YES
GETTING A PS3
YES

I can't quite tell, but this news...pleases you?

I'd much rather see a re-release on the Wii U, the tablet screen would be perfect for using the Celestial Brush.

TizzytheTormentor:
Haha, never seen Daystar so happy! I'll be looking forward to this, game looked gorgeous already, imagine HD!

What gave it away? :D

Daystar Clarion:

Guys!

Daystar my boy, when will you learn to perform the epic high five correctly?

OT: Does it make less of a man for crying in joy over this?

Al-Bundy-da-G:

Daystar Clarion:

Guys!

Daystar my boy, when will you learn to perform the epic high five correctly?

OT: Does it make less of a man for crying in joy over this?

Transformers and ponies.

Two things I dislike.

-_-

I hope this is true. I never got to play this game and I heard it's a pretty big deal.

Lethos:
I hope this is true. I never got to play this game and I heard it's a pretty big deal.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2012/06/19/okami_hd_coming_to_ps3_this_fall

Seems pretty real to me.

gigastar:

Lethos:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2012/06/19/okami_hd_coming_to_ps3_this_fall

Seems pretty real to me.

Ah, thank you.

Certainly given me another game to look forward to.

Gearhead mk2:
*High Fives* Please tell me it's getting a 360 release as well...

Since it was listed as an exclusive, I'm betting not.

Daystar Clarion:

Transformers and ponies.

Two things I dislike.

-_-

That's a pony? I thought Magikarp had grown a human body!

>.>

Well I don't think I can explain to my boss why his coffee tastes like joy instead of its usual dread but..... Eeeeeeeeeee! I normally don't let capcom near my purse but hell, imma gonna make an exception for this

zaheela:
Well I don't think I can explain to my boss why his coffee tastes like joy instead of its usual dread but..... Eeeeeeeeeee! I normally don't let capcom near my purse but hell, imma gonna make an exception for this

Ammy holding Captain America's shield...

I'm intrigued...

Uhhhhh

Daystar Clarion:

zaheela:

I'm intrigued...

And thor's helmet.... I drew that before marvel vs capcom Disappointed me greatly with its many flaws

zaheela:
Uhhhhh

Daystar Clarion:

zaheela:

I'm intrigued...

And thor's helmet.... I drew that before marvel vs capcom Disappointed me greatly with its many flaws

You should get UMvC3 instead :D

I love it to pieces.

Also,

All I can say is that one of the great justices has been answered!

So.... this is good?

Never played the original so....

Never played Okami aside from a demo I tried in wal-mart as a kid. It was a very strange game.

The only thing I can really remember is that when Amaterasu goes faster, bigger, prettier flowers would bloom behind her. That was pretty awesome.

Gearhead mk2:
*High Fives* Please tell me it's getting a 360 release as well...

Please, that. XD Okami worked fine with a controller on the PS2, please let us have a 360 version since goodness knows the Wii version of Okami likes to freeze every twenty minutes.

Let's hope the Move support works better than the Wiimote did. I hear they somehow managed to botch that pretty badly.

Draconalis:
HD isn't going to make the game any prettier... the style was choose for it's artistic flair... Not it's ability to push the PS2 to it's limit.

HD means higher resolution, not more polygons or more unnecessary bloom or whatever is considered better graphics these days. So the advantage is that it won't look blurry on an HD screen. Those of you who are still scraping by with ten-year-old TV sets need not apply.

malestrithe:

Watch the teaser trailer and say that again.

Touche... I think I'll need to pick this up when it comes out. I never seemed to have the money for it when it first came out.

jdogtwodolla:
For the games sake, I hope the move is better than the Fucking Wii.

Also better let me use an actual controller to make up for my mistake of buying my favorite game on the wrong system. That's not fanboy speak, this game just made me hate the wii-motes.

Move is incredibly accurate compared to the wii-mote, and I'm sure if this is real, it'll be able to work with just the DualShock 3.

Daystar Clarion:

hazabaza1:
YES YES YES
GETTING A PS3
YES

I can't quite tell, but this news...pleases you?

Darn tootin'!
I had Okami for Wii a while ago and loved every second of it but due to either losing the game, the sensor bar breaking and/or my own personal pussiness I only got up to the water Dragon. I've manned up a bit now though, so I should be able to do it.

I love Okami, and Okamiden! I cannot wait, and I hope this will also be available for for the Vita, as I plan on getting one ^^

But if not... The original shall be fine enough for me ^^~

Daystar Clarion:

Guys!

Just...

Yeah...

I...

Yes please :D

anthony87:
But....why?

I mean there's no way that they can make Okami even prettier than it is..........right?

INB4 Daystar? Holy crap so I am! O_o

Everybody gets one!

I see yours, and raise you a...

OT: This is great, I haven't gotten to play Okami since my roommate sold her PS2, because we didn't know that the backwards compatability was nonexistent, and for twenty bucks? Sold!

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here