Get All the Avengers Movies to Date in One Briefcase

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Get All the Avengers Movies to Date in One Briefcase

For convenience, these Avengers are already assembled.

The buzz from the excellent Avengers adaptation has died down in the face of an impending bat, but Marvel Studios doesn't want you to forget. Hey, we already had a blockbuster! And you guys were really excited about that whole movie/comics continuity thing, remember? Well, in order to keep you satiated with all things Avengers, Disney and Marvel announced obnoxiously named collectors: "Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled". That's right, you can get all six movies in Blu-Ray - The Avengers, Captain America: The First Avenger, Thor, Iron Man Iron Man 2 and The Incredible Hulk - with a glowing Tessaract prop contained in a replica of Nick Fury's briefcase.

The packaging is meant to mimic the S.H.I.E.L.D. chief's dossier, including file folders on each of the Avengers. Even the press release copy stays in character: "Now that you possess the highest level of security clearance, you have been granted access to S.H.I.E.L.D.'s most confidential files, including a top-secret bonus disc filled never before seen, classified information." The collection will be on shelves September 25th, 2012, but you can pre-order it now.

Sounds great, take my money, please. Wait, how much? Well, that's where it gets dicey. This nifty piece of superhero memorabilia costs a whopping $219.00.

Amazon to the rescue! They have the fancy briefcase on sale for a mere $152. That's like 25 bucks per Avenger. You can't go wrong with that kind of a rate on superheroes. I don't think I can type for the rest of the day as my keyboard will soon malfunction from the amount of drool coming out of my mouth.

Let's look at this thing even bigger:

Yep, a waterfall of drool.

Source: Amazon

Words cannot express the want... WANT WANT WANT!

It's so expensive... but so cool... but so expensive... but so cool... ahhh, you are tearing me apart, Avengers!

I just want to know how many phases there will be for the universe, if this is only phase one.

Well I guess that's worth a look.

I'm planning on getting the 4-disc 3D blabbity blah, but just looking at this thing is forcing me into an internal war of why I should or shouldn't get this.

Hamana hamana hamana hamana.

Translation: WANT!

Personally I'm more interested in those art-covers, they look fantastic.

I've been resisting Blu-Ray for years, but this? This may finally be what it takes for me to be willing to use it. <___<

SO MUCH WANT. I don't even care that I already have all of them!

Berenzen:
I just want to know how many phases there will be for the universe, if this is only phase one.

I'm guessing that Avengers 3 (and its matching standalone movies for the heroes) will come out before they even think about throwing this franchise away. That can be taken for good or bad due to the whole "quantity vs. quality" problem.

It's useless, that suitcase is maybe cool for the first 2 minutes but afterwards you won't know where to store it, 25 bucks per movie is too expensive as some of them are available for 10 bucks or less and I already have all of those movies...

THEN WHY DO I STILL WANT IT?!

Space Jawa:
I've been resisting Blu-Ray for years, but this? This may finally be what it takes for me to be willing to use it. <___<

You could probably get a Blu-ray/DVD player for like $50 nowadays. Blu-ray 3D is another issue altogether though.

Ordered on Amazon month ago. Must haaaaaaaave.

if only Pulp Fiction came in the suitcase as well

Evil Smurf:

Or Marcellus Wallace's soul ....

That's acually rather cheap...must...resist...wallet...needed for...convention...

Evil Smurf:

If we are going that route I demand the Raiders of the Lost Ark complete with face melting ark.

I knew never buying any of the previous movies was gonna payoff one day O.O I only wish there was a separate Blu-ray set without the 3D, just gonna be a waste of money and discs I'll never use.

STILL SUPER EXCITED, box art finally tempted me to pre-order on Overstock.

Nouw:

I know at least one of them has been on deviantart for a while now. Been using it as my iPad wallpaper.

toomuchnothing:

Evil Smurf:

If we are going that route I demand the Raiders of the Lost Ark complete with face melting ark.

tf2 should come with a replica intelligence

3D Blu-Rays, huh? Well, it certainly is worth it for someone who has a Blu-Ray player (such as a PS3) and a 3D TV...

Wow, rich people get the best stuff. [stating the obvious]

The WANT for that Briefcase, it Burns!!!

Why don't I have money? :(

I SHALL BECOME A COMMUNIST AND DEMAND THE MEANS OF PRODUCTION FOR THIS BRIEFCASE BE GIVEN TO ME! D:<

VIA LA AVENGERLUTION!

JCrichton:

Nouw:

I know at least one of them has been on deviantart for a while now. Been using it as my iPad wallpaper.

Link please :)?

A good teaser would be an empty slot or 2 or 3 for the next movies. Thus making the suitcase a REAL collectors item and practical for the future collectors.

Ow. Owww. I'd get it if it were under $200, but that's pricey. I might... I might. Urf. It's awesome and tempting.

Nouw:

JCrichton:

Nouw:

here it is.

Part of me says WAAANT.

Part of me says NOOOO, because I'm going to WAAANT the next one they release with Avengers included.

And then I'm going to WAAANT the next one the release with all of the above, plus Iron Man 3, Thor 2, etc etc etc.

And then I'm going to .... you get the idea.

Antonio Torrente:

Nouw:

JCrichton:

here it is.

Cheers. I also thought that looked familiar. I believe Cracked did an article on movie cover-art.

This is how I feel right now

Nouw:

Antonio Torrente:

Nouw:

here it is.

Cheers. I also thought that looked familiar. I believe Cracked did an article on movie cover-art.

Can you show me the link?

Antonio Torrente:
Can you show me the link?

Haha and I return the favour. Some other good ones as well.

FantomOmega:

I would do cruel, depraved, inhuman things to actually have a credit card like that :O

OT EDIT: Erm, that's about the geekiest thing I've seen for a long time. I'd consider it, but meh, trying to save and I already have all the films. Ahem.

I'd love to see a picture of the opened briefcase without the light effect. It looks all bright and shiny now but I'm pretty sure it looks less impressive in real life.

*deleted*

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.