Planescape: Torment Designer "Very Tempted" by Kickstarter

Pages PREV 1 2

For me, it doesn't really matter if the game would be about Planescape-multiverse. The game itself is one of the best rpg:s to date (probably the best) but if he wants to make some other game but with the same mechanics, the unbelievably great narrative, true rpg elements and every other thing that made Planescape: Torment great, I'd be okay with it! More than okay tbh, just add awesome interactive gameplay (meaning, combat mechanics and dialogue options) and triple-a graphics then I'd sell my soul for mr. Avellone.

EDIT: Oh, by the way... I didn't mean that the dialogue options were bad in Planescape, I just thought that fully voiced dialogue would be better... ^^

Planescape was a pretty good game, well the actuall game part of it was kinda terrible (ok thats an exaggeration) but the stroy was very good and I enjoyed the game.
I would pay to see someting like that be made.

A new game by Chris Avellone? Just tell me where I can send my money.

Bonus points if it's Planescape-related, being that Torment one of my favorite video games of all time. Additional bonus points if the game ends up being anywhere near as good as the original.

octafish:
While I would love a Planescape sequel based in Sigil I don't like WOW so I wouldn't want the game to be tied to the current D&D ruleset. Who knows how much the D&D license would cost.? However much it costs I think they would be better off developing a fresh IP.

Errr... World of Warcraft doesn't run on the D&D ruleset.

Curtisin:

octafish:
While I would love a Planescape sequel based in Sigil I don't like WOW so I wouldn't want the game to be tied to the current D&D ruleset. Who knows how much the D&D license would cost.? However much it costs I think they would be better off developing a fresh IP.

Errr... World of Warcraft doesn't run on the D&D ruleset.

No but 4th edition D&D may as well be the WOW ruleset. Basically D&D is just trying to be WOW nowadays.

I stopped playing D&D when it stopped being Advanced.

Be still, my beating heart!

This would be awesome... although I appreciate Mr. Avellone's misgivings.

Have cash, will spend.

Make it happen!

It definitely has to be the Planescape setting....

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here