Bethesda Has "No Timeline" for Dawnguard on PC and PS3

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Bethesda Has "No Timeline" for Dawnguard on PC and PS3

Despite the end of Microsoft's 30-day exclusivity, Skyrim's first DLC may not appear on other systems.

While Xbox 360 owners have been enjoying Dawnguard, the first Skyrim expansion, for over a month, PS3 and PC gamers haven't been so lucky. The DLC was announced as a timed Xbox 360 exclusive, with the expansion supposedly coming to other systems 30 days later. Well, it's been 30 days, and Dawnguard is nowhere to be found on the PS3 or PC. Even worse for non-360 gamers, according to a Bethesda exec, there's not even a timeline for when they'll get to play the Skyrim DLC.

Marketing executive Pete Hines issued a statement about the expansion on Twitter, saying, "We have not announced Dawnguard for any other platform, nor given a timeline for any such news. If we have news, I promise I'd tell you." That sounds like there's no guarantee Dawnguard will ever make it to the PS3 or PC, even though Microsoft's 30-day exclusivity has now expired.

This isn't the first time Skyrim and the PS3 haven't gotten along; though all three versions of the game were filled with glitches, the PS3 version in particular was notorious for its terrible lag. It's not known if development issues or other problems are causing the Dawnguard hold-up, but with not even a vague release window, PS3 and PC gamers probably shouldn't hold their breaths. And since the only thing we know about Skyrim's next batch of DLC is that it will also be a timed Xbox 360 exclusive, this won't be the last time other gamers are left out.

Source: CVG

What the fuck?! Are they serious?

How hard can It be to make the DLC for PC and PS3?

B... but I just reinstalled it and started playing it again to get ready for it...

The fuck, 'Thesda? The fuck?

I'm sure there isn't anything to worry about. Dawnguard has bugs. We should be relieved they are taking the extra time to make sure their product works before they release it... unlike pretty much anything Bethesda has ever released in the past.

Are they fucking serious..? This is bullshit! D:

I miss when games and their content were built for PC, and then they were ported to everything else later.

Toasty Virus:

Granted how buggy they make shit that isn't for Xbox I'd say very hard .

twistedheat15:

Toasty Virus:

I don't know. With current patches you could argue the PS3 version actually performs better than the 360 version now.

Well, I was holding off on vampire/werewolf overhaul mods because I wanted to try this first. But fuck it, I guess I'll just use those. I was willing to buy this Bethesda, now I doubt I ever will unless it goes on sale. Provided we even get the chance to buy it.

EDIT: Found this. If you play on the PC, we got our OWN vampire overhaul! With blackjack, and hookers! Well, not blackjack or hookers, but still!

We don't need no Dawnguard! Oh, and we don't just got vampires, oh no, but werewolves as well!

BOOM!

Suck on that, Bethesda. Hope the money from Microsoft was worth it.

Fappy:
I'm sure there isn't anything to worry about. Dawnguard has bugs. We should be relieved they are taking the extra time to make sure their product works before they release it... unlike pretty much anything Bethesda has ever released in the past.

The only problem is their past history goes against what you are saying. Fallout 3 dlc came out over a year later on the PS3 and it still had all the same bugs as the 360 version plus more.

Suki_:

Fappy:

The only problem is their past history goes against what you are saying. Fallout 3 dlc came out over a year later on the PS3 and it still had all the same bugs as the 360 version plus more.

I never played any of the DLC for Fallout 3, so I hadn't heard. Well, let's hope hsitory doesn't repeat itself here.

so you give the middle finger to the ones that make you what you were?, fuck you microsoft bitch i hope you go bioware route and burn in hell

Hey Bethesda! Would you like my money? No? Okay then, I'll go give it to Robot Entertainment so I can get Orcs Must Die 2 instead.

Fappy:

I've got to agree. There simply isn't any other reason they'd do it, this further delay will result in nothing else but less sales when it does come out. Unless something has went seriously, catastrophically wrong the PC/PS3 versions, I really doubt they plan on not bringing it out on those platforms at all.

Part of me is disappointed, but on the other hand it means I might actually have time to go outside and see the sun this year. Rather fitting actually.

Maybe the'll fix it make it bettar. The review made it seem rather bland (OTHER THAN FLYING)

"THIS IS TOTAL BS WE HAVE A RIGHT TO GET IT RIGHT NOOWWWWOWWWOWOWOW!"

Stop whining. Criticize, okay. But don't be an entitled twit.

Chances are they're having problems, the problems will be resolved, and then DLC for everyone. Trust me, they want to take your money.

I'm not exactly foaming at the mouth to get this anyway.

But when you do get it ready, it better have all the bugs fixed already, Bethesda. We love you, but don't test us. We give you extra time, you do extra work.

That's cool.
Mods done by some Joe with a video game hobby in his free time >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything Bethesda will ever make other than providing a base game to fuck around with.

Fappy:

twistedheat15:

Toasty Virus:

I don't know. With current patches you could argue the PS3 version actually performs better than the 360 version now.

So I AM the only one still suffering from the Lag issues pre-patch 1.4

Honestly, I can wait... but holy shit GIVE US PATCH 1.6 already. What's that? You are are merging patch 1.6 into 1.7 for PS3 owners?

Hang on:

Bug Fixes
General memory and stability optimizations
Fixes crash related to new water shaders
Fixes rare crash related to dragon landings
Using vampiric grip and swimming no longer prevents swimming animation from playing afterwards
Xbox only- Fixes logic error with loading screens from add-ons
Xbox only- Improved recognition with Kinect voice commands
Xbox only- Kinect-enabled dragon language shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish work properly
Xbox only- Fixes issue with Dawnguard Kinect-enabled dragon shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish

1.7 is primarily an Xbox patch, with Dawnguard fixes... WHY DA FUCK DO WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR IT, IN ORDER TO GET 1.6?

Nope... NOPE! I stupidly bought skyrim on ps3, knowing their history with the platform. I'm just going to shelf it and wait for the Ultimate Edition release for PC (when it hits budget prices).

I love skyrim... but you are making this game into an ordeal, rather then an experience.

"We have not announced Dawnguard for any other platform, nor given a timeline for any such news"? Are they playing dumb? We already knew that this was a timed exclusive, and for it to not be exclusive anymore, it has to be released for PC and PS3.

I think Skyrim's success made them think they can do whatever they want without consequences. We'll see what happens next time they release a game.

Ragsnstitches:
-Snip-

I feel you bro. I had to lecture my girlfriend why she needed to get the 360 version instead of the PS3 version when the game was initially released. I complain about the 360 version... I can only imagine how much I'd bitch if I had it for PS3.

That sucks... Good thing I'm not affected!

Seriously though, that's very bad for PS3 users.

As for PC users, I have no sympathy for you, all of you get more content through Mods anyway so you shouldn't complain.

Seems like Bethesda is going the Bioware route: giving the people that made them who they were the middle finger once they made boatloads of money. I expected no less.

This is extremely disappointing, for sure. But we'll see what happens, I suppose.

But really, this whole timed exclusive DLC crap needs to stop. All it does is piss 2/3 of the customer base off.

Hey guys remember when Bethesda was a good solid company that stood by its customer with quality service and solid products?

Yeah, me neither.

Fappy:

This is pretty much what I'm hoping it is.

Although it's a bit unnerving them saying they've not actually said it's coming to other systems.

Aerosteam 1908:

As for PC users, I have no sympathy for you, all of you get more content through Mods anyway so you shouldn't complain.

Muahahahaha... It's true.

I want to be annoyed by this, but then I think of all the delicious mods I can download, I'm sure many of which are way better than what Dawnguard has to offer and I chuckle softly to myself.

Seriously though, poor ps3 owners :(

Irridium:
Well, I was holding off on vampire/werewolf overhaul mods because I wanted to try this first. But fuck it, I guess I'll just use those. I was willing to buy this Bethesda, now I doubt I ever will unless it goes on sale. Provided we even get the chance to buy it.

EDIT: Found this. If you play on the PC, we got our OWN vampire overhaul! With blackjack, and hookers! Well, not blackjack or hookers, but still!

We don't need no Dawnguard! Oh, and we don't just got vampires, oh no, but werewolves as well!

BOOM!

Suck on that, Bethesda. Hope the money from Microsoft was worth it.

If you need only one reason to ever buy a Bethesda game on the PC, its simple. All the bloody great mods! Seriously... the kind of stuff people put out for these games for free trumps whatever DLC Bethesda generates and makes us pay (and wait) for.

Well Bethesda I think that fuck you is appropriate here.

I mean seriously do they not want money?

Glad I'm already bored of the tedious repetitive combat, dialogue, and giant pile of worthless loot and gold.

I think there's a difference in tone between a marketing official saying "We're busy with [stuff] and can't give a date for release" and "Oh right, that fanbase. Yeah, we might have something for you in the future. Might."

I don't doubt that Dawnguard will appear for PC and PS3 eventually, it just comes off as dismissing longtime fans, especially those willing to spend money on their products, for some undisclosed reason.

Now, if you'd excuse the following, irrational outburst:
Guys, you use a Construction Set for plugins to the core game. It's been that way for over a decade. It's raw data and interpreted scripts. I'm sure it ain't simple, but you didn't create three games, you ported one game to each platform somehow. You're not reinventing the wheel. You knew you'd make DLC, you know how it works, so what the heck is keeping you?

I am wondering why if there is a serious bug problem on the ports they do not just come out and say it rather than saying that they haven't even made plans for it.

Most gamers will understand if you are withholding content to make it better and those who do not will be labeled a impatient 12 year olds.

That's weird. It's not like Bethesda to delay stuff, especially indefinitely. But I don't think there's much need to worry. It'll come out sooner or later. Maybe the longest PC and PS3 users will have to wait is until the GOTY edition, but it should come. I don't see a reason why it wouldn't.

What a bunch of twats.
Now that I have Skyrim on PC, I can't comprehend how I ever played an RPG on console. So fucking clumsy.
That Xbox first DLC shit is literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Way to be a buy out bunch of pricks, Microsoft.

BUT WAIT! Hey, 360- I've had this for months!
Thank you, Valve. I love you, even with your delays.

Wow this is stupid.

Announcing that they have nothing to announce.
Why not just say you have an itchy ASS CRACK on your twitter feed, since THAT is more constructive.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.