Gears of War's Baird Coming to Minecraft XBLA

Gears of War's Baird Coming to Minecraft XBLA

Notable Xbox 360 characters are included in Minecraft's upcoming second skin pack.

The Xbox Live Arcade version of Minecraft will soon be getting more DLC in the form of a second pack of skins. An additional 45 skins will be added to the game, among them the five characters from Xbox 360 games seen in the image.

On the far left in blue is Agent Level 5 from Crackdown 2, joined by Joanna Dark of Perfect Dark fame and Gears of War's Damon Baird. The orange and yellow creature is one of Viva Pinata's Pretztails, though it barely resembles the fox-like pinata. Rounding out the group is zombie-hunting Bill from Left 4 Dead, who may or may not be getting too old for this.

There's no release date or price for the DLC, or whether the other 40 skins will also feature notable video game characters. Since several other 360 games, including Halo, have already had characters get the Minecraft treatment, one can only guess who will be next.

Source: Play XBLA via Kotaku

... That doesn't look like Joanna Dark... at all... she even looked better on the N64!.

That image is hilarious.

The Crackdown 2 agent looks so lost and confused.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Baird blonde?

Hey, hey, hey
I've been snarky all day long,
I could barely scrounge up
enough fucks to write this song!

DVS BSTrD:
Hey, hey, hey
I've been snarky all day long,
I could barely scrounge up
enough fucks to write this song!

Heh heh. Congratulations, you're the first Escapist to make me chuckle.

Now to go back in the corner and tap my foot while looking at Mojang expectingly.

That acually looks pretty cool and, given the couch sharing multiplayer focus of the XBL version, it also makes a lot of sense to have markedly different avatars.

Z of the Na'vi:
That image is hilarious.

The Crackdown 2 agent looks so lost and confused.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Baird blonde?

He is, those are goggles.

OT: Dammit, every Bill skin looks better than mine.

Baird in Minecraft?

This may be that one skin pack ill have to buy...

wwwwwwhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyy????

So we get to play Minecraft as Baird! Or as I like to call him...

person on the left looks like Tim Curry from the rocky horror picture show

Is this really what us minecraft players on xbox are asking for. I know its just a cheap way to make some easy money but I'd much rather pay for other texture packs or useful mods, not stupid character skins. Especially since we just got a bunch of new skins for free. I like playing as the orange furry looking guy

khaimera:
Is this really what us minecraft players on xbox are asking for. I know its just a cheap way to make some easy money but I'd much rather pay for other texture packs or useful mods, not stupid character skins. Especially since we just got a bunch of new skins for free. I like playing as the orange furry looking guy

You see, the issue with that is that Mojang offered people the ability to play Minecraft on 360 before perfecting Mod allowing on PC and since they don't make mods or texture packs... Yeeeaaaaahhhh that is terrible.

It isn't what you guys are asking for isn't what matters, that is why the phone addition is terrible and the console version is getting all these shit DLC's, its attempt to make money off of things that would have just been less expensive and even more awesome on the PC and now that you bought the inferior version that lacks both mods, texturepacks and the ability to get skins for free, you have to sleep in it.

I was certain the orange dude was 'Splosion Man...

Evil Smurf:
person on the left looks like tim curry from the rock horror picture show

I didn't see it before... but you're completely right! It's Frank-N-Furter!

Proverbial Jon:

Evil Smurf:

So according to Notch, we should play "Transsexual from Transylvania" while playing his game? I am good with this.

SupahGamuh:
... That doesn't look like Joanna Dark... at all... she even looked better on the N64!.

The resemblance is there but it's a scarce one. It's from when she wore the dress during the Carrington institute level where the evil aliens strike back because you blew up their underground space ship cannon. (I played the game a lot okay?!)

Wait... you have to -pay- for Minecraft skins on the Xbox... really?

Man, I feel bad for the console guys now. I mean, those skins look nice, but I couldn't justify paying Microsoft points for a 16 bit .png file that I could throw together myself in about twenty minutes.

Baird looks like he's from Tron

Evil Smurf:

Proverbial Jon:

Evil Smurf:

So according to Notch, we should play "Transsexual from Transylvania" while playing his game? I am good with this.

The song is called "Sweet Transvestite," you ignorant fool!

SupahGamuh:

probably because the one in the picture is wearing the evening dress she wears in one of the missions.

I already use the Clay Carmine skin so I'm sold.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here