The Batpod Comes to Life

The Batpod Comes to Life

A dude from Vietnam has built his own fully-functional Batpod out of spare parts he had lying around his shop.

Let's be clear that when I say "fully functional," I don't mean that this imposing crotch-rocket of justice has missile launchers or a grappling gun or any of that kind of Bat-belt crapola. But it's drivable - at speeds faster than what we've seen from the Tron Light Cycle, it must be said - and it looks seriously bad-ass.

The Google translation of the original VN Express article is a massacre but the total construction cost of the bike was apparently about ten million Vietnamese dong, including three million dong for the Suzuki FX125 upon which the whole thing is built. That's not nearly as impressive as it sounds, though; it works out to about 480 bucks, a pretty sweet deal for this kind of mean-looking Bat-bike.

Lam said he built his Batpod to generate publicity for his shop, but added that he'd sell it if somebody wanted to buy it. If he does unload it, he'd like to put the money toward even bigger projects, like Batman's six-wheeled Tumbler vehicle or the helicopter from Avatar.

Source: VN Express, via Neatorama

It looks awesome as a sorta post apocalyptic vehicle, but i'm not seeing the Bat-Pod in this.
http://badbikegang.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/the-batpod.jpg

I think it was made by someone with longing...

... someone who longed to see a batpod.

"No one cared who I was, until I stepped on the gas"

K84:
It looks awesome as a sorta post apocalyptic vehicle, but i'm not seeing the Bat-Pod in this.
http://badbikegang.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/the-batpod.jpg

OT: wow for a little under 500 bucks, that is awesome, hell i'd find him and pay him 2000 bucks to build it, just better and more long term.

Nah, it doesn't have THE sound. And the sideways-spinning wheels are also missing.

cool build but car wheels on a bike :S and that steering setup whit that linkage looks quite weak.
but anyhow allways nice to see some mad coustom made bikes

How is this in any way shape or form the batpod. It doesn't really looked like it. It doesn't have the roll function. I'm seriously disappointed here.

Geez, the criticism in here. Sure, it may not look or sound exactly like the Batpod but it's still pretty damn cool.

It's a pretty good job for $480 and a bunch of spare parts just lying around his shop.

Wow, I'm impressed he managed to knock up a hub central steering setup for so little money

Nope, sorry, you can't just call something a Bat-pod and thus make it so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaoQZWBtBCw&list=UUdEon75DY0zNtEeEnMSonWA&index=11&feature=plcp

Now, this will set you back more than $500, but at least it more closely resembles a Bat-pod.

Not bad, but it'll take a Batpod that can spin off of walls and flip it's wheels to 'skid' sideways to really impress me.

No sideways spinning wheels = NOT a batpod.

I mean, it's not bad for $500, but it's definitely not the batpod in any way.

cool project bro, make me a hoverboard?

Considering that the "Batpod" is actually this

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/01/2004_Suziki_FX125.jp

its really not that impressive...

Pretty nifty. Sure it isn't like the Hollywood version but I'd drive that.

not sure what everyone was expecting from a scrap metal motorbike conversion for $480. Guys, the man built a motorbike that looks like the batpod which has a gatling gun for an exhaust. What the hell do you want from the man?

EDIT: Think about it guys, this is the Iron Man MK I. (Of Batpod design)

Doesn't look at all like what he what he intends it to be but its still neat.

Also, I'm pleasantly surprised no one has made a Vietnamese Dong joke yet.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here