Meet the (Female) Team With These Dashing Team Fortress 2 Portraits

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Meet the (Female) Team With These Dashing Team Fortress 2 Portraits

The nine classes of Team Fortress 2 have become wildly popular - and, indeed, memetic - in the five years since the game's release, owing much to their diverse and unique personalities, and overall quirkiness. But the lack of female representation in the cast has been a sticking point for fans of the game for almost as long, spawning everything from mods to a wealth of fan art depicting our favorite mercenaries in all their feminine glory.

Even so, it's rare to find such quality in fan art as this awesome collection of gender-swapped Team Fortress 2 classes, painted by French artist *Prospass. His collection depicts the classes in a slightly more realistic syle, blending some traditional colors and familiar silhouettes in his portrayal of classes like the Heavy and Demoman, with more unique depictions of classes like the now-weathered and battle-hardened scout. Perhaps the most faithful recreation, however, is *Prospass's female spy. So stealthy, she is, that she does not actually appear in this gallery.

It seems the fans of Team Fortress 2 may be trying to send Valve a message. Perhaps Valve is listening. Perhaps, someday, we'll see official female depictions of our favorite Team Fortress 2 classes. On the other hand, this is the same company that, five years later, is still not even talking about Episode 3. For now, we can only hope.

Nothing about 'female' pyro should be a dude yet? Where is the internet I know and love :(?!

Medic - Cool
Heavy - Meh
Spy - Meh
Scout - Cool
Pyro - Kinda cool
Engie - Meh
Demo - Nope
Soldier - Awesome

Most of these are pretty crap. They're all too "real", TF2 has an awesome extravagant art style and this shits all over it as most of them look normal.

I thought the pyro was the engie at first as they all look pretty damn similar sans weapons.

EDIT Ah, the "spy" was actually a sniper. That proves my point in my eyes.

The Soldier is the best by far. Not sure why, but it was the only one that made me smile.

Fappy:
The Soldier is the best by far. Not sure why, but it was the only one that made me smile.

Judging by the 2nd comment and this one, maybe its because the Soldier is by far the prettiest one. 0_0

Jove:

Fappy:

Judging by the 2nd comment and this one, maybe its because the Soldier is by far the prettiest one. 0_0

You can't even see her face though!

Fappy:

Jove:

Fappy:

You can't even see her face though!

Its the eyebrow's... There very nice...

the pyro souldnt have a face, other than that its pretty cool

Fappy:

The soldier is blue when the others are red, for some reason.

Most of these aren't bad, but the Pyro in particular fails because the Pyro's face isn't meant to be seen. The sense of mystery that defines the Pyro is completely absent here. Otherwise, they aren't bad but could be better.

EDIT: Do have to give props to the Heavy, Soldier, and Medic though. They actually look the part.

all of them aside from the soldier looks like tf2 mixed with fallout, personally think the medic looks best.

I don't think i dig the "edgy" look, let alone rule 63 version of TF2. Good thing he didn't draw a female Saxton Hale.

felbot:
all of them aside from the soldier looks like tf2 mixed with fallout, personally think the medic looks best.

Hence why Soldier's my favorite of these.

Fappy:

Agreed. I think it's because the soldier is probably the closest to the original design in terms of simplicity and readability. The other ones are pretty mediocre since the art style is absolutely nothing like TF2, and the classes aren't nearly as instantly recognizable for the most part. The Engineer is probably the only other one that really comes close.

As for the Pyro, it took my a while to even figure out it was the Pyro, and I only managed it because she was holding the Axe. If I've played TF2 since it was in Beta and I can't figure out what class the design represents immediately then it's a pretty awful design.

I seem to remember seeing someone else's female class designs for TF2 a few years back that were much closer to the TF2 style, and head and shoulders above these in quality.

Anyone else really bothered by the Scout having a Bonk! and a pistol?

The Spy is missing...

Or is she?

Yeah, I know I'm stupid for skimming.
But seriously, why no spy?

I honestly couldn't tell which one was supposed to be pyro :(

Binnsyboy:

Fappy:

The soldier is blue when the others are red, for some reason.

The medic and scout are blu too (maybe more, not going to check again)

Those drawing are really good. I wish I was that good at drawing. Out of all of them I like the female medic the best.

Anyone else think the Demo chick's face still looks like a guy's? :P

Beyond that, who was the chick with the blue hankerchief mask supposed to be? The Scout?

And what about the chick with the hatchet? Judging by her jumpsuit I'm guessing the Pyro?

RJ 17:
Anyone else think the Demo chick's face still looks like a guy's? :P

Beyond that, who was the chick with the blue hankerchief mask supposed to be? The Scout?

And what about the chick with the hatchet? Judging by her jumpsuit I'm guessing the Pyro?

Yes to all three. It's interesting, but in terms of actually being a gender swap of the original characters, it is a letdown.

Surely the Pyro should have just been the Pyro as normal?

Nice art, but, except for the female soldier, they all seem a bit too genaric to me. If I didn't know they were supposed to be from TF2, I wouldn't have guessed it for most of them.

What? No Spai?

I do like the medic the best personally.

Great artwork. It might be a bit on the realistic side, but it's still pretty great. It's refreshing to see female interpretations of the TF2 classes that aren't all in swimsuits or anime or furries or ponies. Didn't like that they showed a face for the Pyro though.

As awesome as these are I feel the hyper-detailed and far more human look of the characters loses all the personality and expression the real ones have with or without the rule63 nature of it all.

Palademon:
The Spy is missing...

Or is she?

Yeah, I know I'm stupid for skimming.
But seriously, why no spy?

I thought they were all the Spy.

Soldier and Heavy are my favorites. Seriously the Heavy chick is like a damn grizzly bear that's awesome.

Rest are a bit too realistic for my taste, would have been better had it stuck closer to that TF2 style but overall really good depictions. Would be really cool if Valve implemented something like this with all female character servers or just allowed you to change gender on class selection.

Basic idea? Awesome.
Art? Very well done.
Should Valve do female versions of the characters? Shoulda done it YESTERDAY.
MY ONLY PROBLEM? The designs for some of them.

The BIG thing about the TF2 character designs is that they're VERY visually distinct. But (and this might be my lack of experience with the game, though it's not zero) the Pyro, the Scout, and the Sniper look VERY similar to each other at first glance. Sure, after some study, you can tell them apart, but you don't have time to appreciate the subtle deviations in design in a FIREFIGHT, and that's gonna ensure you're shooting at the chick with a baseball bat when you WANT to be offing the girl with the flamethrower before she closes in.

Again, I think these designs are gorgeous and really are something Valve should look at to make half their players feel included. But it needs some work before I'm fully on board.

I wish people would stop silently crying about female classes already and shut up.
The game is fine as it is,the classes are designed perfectly.

Didn't Chemical Alia do some awesome female TF2 models?

I'm sure they were much better than these ones.

Hello Miss Engineer. What are you doing tonight? I was hoping you could assist me in building something?

By far my favorite of them all.

My problem with these females:
What is unique about the Team Fortress 2 Characters?
Answer: Their shilouette.
They are all very different on first sight, or at least they were until they added so many goddamn hats.
These female characters all feature essentially the same build, save for the heavy which means that it would not work in TF2, and as such, is not true to it's source material, which means that integrating these designs into the game would seriously change the gameplay.

I do very much like what Moonlight Butterfly posted and would like to see more of it.

Decent drawings, but don't really fit TF2 (don't play the game myself, but love the comics i've read, and the meet the team videos), bodytypes are all too similar (except for the heavy), also, the art style is too realistic/detailed (though i like the Demo's face).

These are pretty freakin' sweet. Love them all!

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.