Far Cry 3 Brings the Preorder Monkey Business

Far Cry 3 Brings the Preorder Monkey Business

Honey badgers are tough, but monkeys can pull pins on hand grenades.

Far Cry 3 confuses me. Sometimes it looks all "serious business," a dark and complex tale of kidnapping, horror and brutal murder; and sometimes, there is monkey business. Literally.

The Monkey Business Pack has already been revealed as part of the Far Cry 3 Insane Edition, but now gamers in North America can get their hands on it too, as a GameStop preorder exclusive. The bonus content will offer four single-player missions delivered by Hurk, a pudgy hippie with an affinity for bomb-wielding monkeys, plus "two bonus ways to humiliate your friends in multiplayer," which probably also involve simians and explosives. That seems to be kind of a theme here.

I don't much care for retailer-exclusive preorder bonuses and the implication that the Insane Edition won't be released on our side of the pond is a bummer, but it's the nature of the content that really throws me off. I can't decide if this game wants to be Far Cry 2, which at least tried to achieve some level of gravitas with its tale of a gun-runner struggling to make up for past misdeeds, or Armed & Dangerous, the game that gave us the Land Shark Gun. Both, maybe? That'll be interesting.

Far Cry 3 comes out on November 29 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Why is a campy gay man telling me about exploding monkeys.

I wonder if PETA will try to do something about exploding monkeys. You know how crazy those guys are.

Glad Andy Serkis is still getting work.

CJ1145:

Almost the same as what I was thinking however the only difference was "Why is there a campy gay man pretending to be badger whilst telling me about exploding monkeys and giving a shit".

I will only care if the monkey is wearing diapers...

Me getting this hinges on one thing.
Is there local multiplayer?

Cuz like I will always play a FC single player campaign through once, and enjoy it, no doubt.

But the plethora of play hours the previous games accrued was from me spending entire nights in the wonderful map editor, then unleashing my monstrosities on my friends.

Nile McMorrow:

CJ1145:

Almost the same as what I was thinking however the only difference was "Why is there a campy gay man pretending to be badger whilst telling me about exploding monkeys and giving a shit".

It's not just any gay man, it's Randall!

Personally this video makes me immensely happy and if I decide to pre-order Far Cry, I'll probably get this pack, well done Randall...Well done.

Looked at Gamestop, and it seems to be PC is not included. Why? I'm not a fan of retailer exclusive bonuses, however when a Dead Space 2-like situation happens, I get annoyed. Hope this changes, but doubt it will. Wont be the first.

Baldry:

Nile McMorrow:

CJ1145:

It's not just any gay man, it's Randall!

Personally this video makes me immensely happy and if I decide to pre-order Far Cry, I'll probably get this pack, well done Randall...Well done.

don't forget he was in the sim 3 pets DLC trailer as well

love the issac clark cat

...Really? Far Cry 3, a game series that tried to keep some element of dignity together, has decided to jump on the parody train with an annoying flamboyant male to promote the game...

Sometimes, I wonder if games advertising is a game of limbo, and everyone wants to be EA at PR.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here