Farming Simulator 2013 Unleashes Its Mean Machines

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Farming Simulator 2013 Unleashes Its Mean Machines

Hot new screens featuring the full fleet of Farming Simulator 2013 vehicles are burning up the internet.

Farming Simulator 2013 absolutely crushed Gamescom this summer, but its not letting up for a second - this game is plowing the internet like a Case IH Magnum 340 driven by a responsible man of serious intent! Just look at these awesome machines: ruby red, gleaming green, dignified gray and even splashes of suspiciously iconoclastic yellow as far as the eye can see! Or at least, within the confines of the virtual parking lot.

And we're not talking about just run-of-the-mill John Deere stuff here, either. This game has Deutz-Fahr. It has Horsch. It has Amazone. It has Lamborghini! And yes, Lamborghini makes tractors; I googled it, just to be sure.

Farming Simulator 2013 will feature over 100 authentic, meticulously detailed tractors, harvesters and other tools of the trade from more than 20 officially-licensed and world-famous brands. And with full online and LAN multiplayer support, you can even grab a couple of these roaring beauties and play chicken with your friends!* That's farming, baby!

Farming Simulator 2013 comes out in October for the Xbox 360 and PC, while the PlayStation 3 version is expected to launch in early 2013. To learn more about the most exciting farming simulator ever created, check out farming-simulator.com.

(*You probably can't actually play online tractor chicken with this thing, but it would be pretty cool if you could.)

The gaming world's got some weird genres.
I guess some people really like farming, but it's hard for me to grasp what's enjoyable in a game like this.

Well I know what game just jumped to the top of my wishlist.

Pretty sure a farming sim killed Andy Chalk's parents. Or was it firebenders? I get confused sometimes.

If I'm going to do some kind of farming sim, I'd rather play Harvest Moon.

Brainst0rm:
Pretty sure a farming sim killed Andy Chalk's parents. Or was it firebenders? I get confused sometimes.

At least it wasn't as "loving and adoring" as his last Farming Sim article :P

Farming Sim, man. It's L33T MLG-Legit Pro.

In all seriousness: Well... goody for those interested.

Look, I learned to program so I wouldn't have to do jobs like farming or construction. If I'm not even going to get paid for it and I don't even get to actually drive the big machines (which, let's be honest, is the only fun part about such jobs), why would I want to play such a game? Is it just that, since I have actual experience with the work, I'm too aware of the realities and hardship of it for a simulation to be entertaining?

I knew Lamborghini started out making tractors, but I had no idea they were still making them. That's pretty cool.

I farm for real.

In fact, im on site wall to wall atm because my boss has pissed off to Ireland for a "holiday"

Its not fun. Its filthy, hard, cold, smelly and filthy.

We did have a Lambo tractor. Old thing. Held together with rust. We scrapped it.

Be honest, who read the article because of the Lamborghini thumbnail? I know i did. lol

Mr. Omega:

I was laughing for the entire video, well played sir.

OP: FARMING! Seriously, who the hell even buys these things?

So PS3 users get screwed out on the release dates of Skyrim DLC and Farming Simulator 2013?

I think it's time to switch consoles guys.

Edit:

This must be included in this thread, the law and God require it.

is this for real or devs trolling cuz that is just lol

Activision and Call of Duty best watch their backs. This game looks set to finally de-throne them.

Mr. Omega:

I love that this video comes up in every article on "X Simulator". Makes me laugh every single time.

Scrustle:
I knew Lamborghini started out making tractors, but I had no idea they were still making them. That's pretty cool.

Yeah, I think it's good that they never gave up on their original core business. Manufacturing farming machines certainly has a better long term perspective than making needlessly fast cars for people with too much money to spend.

I was in a bookstore a few days ago and they have some budget games in a stand (all lame simulators) and I saw Farming Simulator and next to was a disc for an ADD-ON!? Why the hell does a farming simulator need add-on's?

TizzytheTormentor:
Why the hell does a farming simulator need add-on's?

DLC, of course.

(Downloadable Combines.)

Andy Shandy:

Mr. Omega:

I love that this video comes up in every article on "X Simulator". Makes me laugh every single time.

Hmm...need to watch this after I get home from work >_>

In other news: Andy having so much fun with this. :D

"like a Case IH Magnum 340 driven by a responsible man of serious intent!

This right here got me. Right in the laughter.
Ohh those wannabe farmers.

It's finally getting a console release? Considering it's been slipping behind Agri the last two iterations, that might swing it for some people. Though mods are a big part of the game.

(Yeah, totally serious here guys, I play these games once in a while, sadly while there are two camps there's no rabid fanboyism a la BF3/COD, that would be hilarious).

As a midwesterner, i personally want a Lamborghini tractor to show off around town.

Why does it seem like these articles are just made to take the piss out of a simulator?

Brainst0rm:

everything changed when the farming sims attacked....sounds right to me
O.T. Ahhhh farming simulator such a strange game (a sand box too)

GOTY 2012

Aint too surprised really, you have train simulators and..all kinds of sims actually.
What makes a tractor sim any weirder then say...A combat helicopter sim or the old microsoft plane sims?

My god, Farmville ain't got no chance against this baby.

NO CHANCE.

I saw a kid buy Farming Simulator once. He was probably not much older than 10 years.

And why not? Perhaps his parents don't allow him to play the more violent games, or perhaps he just enjoys them.

I will never play it myself, it's just not my thing. I do like Simcity and Civilization though..

I'm sorry but Farming Simulator 2013 is just a filthy pile of garbage compared to Train Simulator 2013. (released yesterday!!!)

Sexy Devil:
I'm sorry but Farming Simulator 2013 is just a filthy pile of garbage compared to Train Simulator 2013. (released yesterday!!!)

LOLOLOL TRAIN NOOB

Seriously though trains are for wannabe gamer scrubs.

Careful there, Mr. Chalk. The internet can't handle that much sarcasm. You might need to tone it back a bit lest you destroy us all.

How comes this gets mentioned but Tank Simulator didn't? You could play as two DIFFERENT tanks in that one, none of which were Soviet.

sooooo, slow news week, eh?!

Golem239:

Brainst0rm:

everything changed when the farming sims attacked....sounds right to me
O.T. Ahhhh farming simulator such a strange game (a sand box too)

Your reply made me very happy :D

Oh Andy, where would we be without your sarcasm?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here