Bethesda Teases... Something

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Bethesda Teases... Something

Bethesda Softworks insists that whatever it's teasing in the short Vine video clip isn't related to Fallout.

A four-second video clip turned up on Bethesda's Vine account earlier today, and nobody has any idea what it is. It begins with a shot of barbed wire before transitioning to quick flashes of music-related paraphernalia, which the good folks at Polygon did a fine job of nailing down: an early 20th century album by The Moonbeam Trio entitled "Planned program service. Program no. 416," and then what is apparently sheet music for "Air on the G-String" by J.S. Bach.

It's about time for a new Fallout game but Pete Hines, Bethesda's vice president of PR and marketing, nixed that idea on Twitter. Responding to a suggestion that the video could be a Fallout 4 teaser, he wrote, "You talking about the Vine thing? Guess again :-)"

So what could it be? Give us your guesses!

Source: Vine

Barb wire? I think I see ANOTHER prison in Bethesda's future.

New IP!? Yes, please! I'd prefer they work on a new IP over Fallout 4 anyway.

Not Fallout 4, but Fallout: Another Random Town

Alternatively, barbed wire, scratchy noise, maybe a horror game? Maybe Id's in the toilet and Bethesda are going to have a crack at one of their franchises? The record's from the early 1900s, so maybe it's Wolfenstein?

Anyway, that's my stab in the dark.

Some news or announcement on a new Fallout would be really nice, but a new IP could be interesting.

Yay! Fallout 4!

... Wait, no new Fallout? Damnit Bethesda, stop just sitting on that stupid license and get to it!

Seriously, though, my best bet would be a new IP. Since the last new IP (published) by Bethesda was Dishonored, I'm okay with that.

Could it be... launched incomplete?

Oh, intrigue and wonder! I do hope it isn't fallout, I'm curious now.

On the one hand, I'm jonesing for more Fallout. On the other, this feeds my deluded hope that Bethesda will be busy with other stuff and let Obsidian make the next Fallout game, which would be ideal.

Fallout would be nice, but without Obsidian at the head, it'll be meh.

Maybe Bethesda will finally release Horse Armor for Dishonored.

It's a MEMOSPORE silly Escapists.

In The Elder Scrolls universe, when a mortal dies, his/her soul either gets claimed (normally by a Daedra Lord), or enters the Dreamsleeve to get recycled back to life. Because the Dreamsleeve connects all souls, talented mages can use it to communicate with each other. Data stored on the Dreamsleeve is called memospore.

Enlighten yourselves, n'wahs.
http://www.youtube.com/user/memospore?feature=watch
Discussion
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1444365-memospore-analysis-vii/

While I must admit I would be looking forward to Fallout 4, a possible new IP is just as intriguing, if not more so.

Well if its not Fallout I don't really know enough about other bethesda IPs to even guess... But that Hines comment kinda reinforces the idea that they are working on Fallout 4 at the moment/are ready to announce it. He could have said something like, "We're not teasing Fallout 4" but he referenced the vine thing, saying that wasn't a FO tease meaning we might be getting confirmation of that soon...

Or maybe thats just wishful thinking.

Maybe if they hold up on Fallout 4 long enough Obsidian will make it.

That's preferable really. Then again I guess they have their hands full with Eternity

Just let Obsidian handle Fallout, they do it better anyway.

There's also johann sebastian bach - orchestral suites on the Vinal disc.

A renaissance Steam punk game?

A game taking place during World War I... perhaps?

I dunno, I think that could be interesting.

Remember Portal ARG? This is the same thing for Elder Scrolls.

I'm hoping for a new IP more than anything Fallout related. I think the world is ready for something new and exciting instead of just more of the same. Although something tells me that the very fact that there's a teaser and the response of "Guess again" means it will be a sequel (or maybe prequel) to something already out in the world.

Whenever I see barbed wire I think of world war themes but since this is Beth I'm going to remain open minded for this and hopeful.

DRTJR:

Agreed!

We seem to be in the majority but give me New Vegas over Fallout 3 any day!

I'll bet on it being for Dishonored DLC of some kind.

No Fallout 4 is a shame. I really loved 3, and unlike most here it seems I don't much care for Obsidian.

God knows what the video is teasing at, I sure as hell can't figure it out.

amuasyeas:
It's a MEMOSPORE silly Escapists.

In The Elder Scrolls universe, when a mortal dies, his/her soul either gets claimed (normally by a Daedra Lord), or enters the Dreamsleeve to get recycled back to life. Because the Dreamsleeve connects all souls, talented mages can use it to communicate with each other. Data stored on the Dreamsleeve is called memospore.

Enlighten yourselves, n'wahs.
http://www.youtube.com/user/memospore?feature=watch
Discussion
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1444365-memospore-analysis-vii/

Wait, so they're taking the insaner bits of Elder Scrolls lore and going mainstream with them?

I... I don't think the world is ready for that, or ever will be. I took a dip in the crazy when I read up on the Lorkhan mantling situation and that was difficult enough, as far as I'm aware it just keeps getting more weird and sci-fi-esque, with rogue AIs coming down from spaceships to roam Tamriel and stuff?

My guess is it will be something from one of the small studios Bethesda Softworks (the publishing section) owns, not something new from Bethesda Game Studios (the developer section). Lets just pray it isn't an announcement from Bethesda (the Legal section).

DRTJR:

Yes, but send it to someone else for debugging...

DRTJR:

Id like to see them take a crack at Elder Scrolls

OT if not fallout 4 then what? fallout *insert place name here*

dishonoured 2?

DRTJR:

Grrrrr. I have a differing opinion. Grrrrr.

If it's a new IP, I hope it's similar to Fallout and Skyrim in gameplay style. That's what I like Bethesda for and when they release something, I tend to want that. I think we need more big, fat western RPGs. Everyone else is making the other stuff, Bethesda has their territory and they're good at what they do.

The Gentleman:

DRTJR:

Or rather, not fuck Obsidian over and give them some space, and some time to actually finnish their programming.
Fallout New Vegas was made in a year and a half, I really hate that Obsidian never gets credit for being some of the fastest producers of the best rpg's in the entire games market right now.

Was anyone else expecting something to happen if you watched it long enough?

Wish it was Fallout 4 though, my Fallout itch is starting up again, but if it isn't Fallout, might be a new IP.

putowtin:

DRTJR:

Agreed!

We seem to be in the majority but give me New Vegas over Fallout 3 any day!

Hell. Fucking. Yes. I like my RPGs to not be made by people who can't code, model, animate, or write.

The Gentleman:

Preferably not Bethesda, they're even worse.

Hey Mr. Kojima, THIS is how you tease a new game!

I'm going with yet another Fallout game.

New IP > > > Fallout 4. Hopefully that is the case.

I'm reminded of this:

Nooooooooo we SWEAR it isn't that game we know you all want that we're famous for making!

At least, I hope it's all a big ruse and not Bethesda's piece of meh they plop out between Elder Scrolls and Fallout games. We really don't need another Brink...

Something about barbed wire and record players seems psychological. Maybe... something Cthulhu based? Something outside of Fallout hopefully. I just hope it is something different for a change out of Bethesda.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.