Expendables 3 Eyes Snipes, Chan, Jovovich

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Expendables 3 Eyes Snipes, Chan, Jovovich

Blade movie promo image

The next entry in the testosterone-fueled Expendables franchise may feature the likes of Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes and Milla Jovovich.

Since its inception, the Expendables films have been defined by their large collection of action stars, the majority of whom found stardom in the late 1980s and early 1990s. Despite being decades past their arguable prime, the cast assembled for The Expendables and its sequel have done excellent work in proving that they're still capable of anchoring a solid action flick, and for the inevitable Expendables 3 the producers of the franchise want to add even more recognizable stars to the cast.

According to Deadline Hollywood, the key names currently in talks to appears in The Expendables 3 include Wesley Snipes, Jackie Chan and Milla Jovovich.

Snipes made a name for himself in the early 90s in movies like New Jack City and Demolition Man, though his greatest action roles came in the Blade trilogy, a series of films that arguably kicked off Hollywood's ongoing obsession with comic book superheroes.

Jackie Chan needs no introduction, but for those of you who've been living in a remote cave since the 1970s, Mr. Chan is a legendary actor known best for his amazing stunt work. The man has broken more bones than most people have in their entire bodies and even at age 59, his legitimate martial arts skills far outstrip the choreographed fighting talents of almost any other actor anywhere on the planet.

Milla Jovovich, in turn, presents an odd addition to the cast purely due to the fact that she is a woman. The Expendables has always been seen as a macho boy's club, but Jovovich has a long list of solid action roles, most notably that of the heroine in the ongoing Resident Evil film adaptations. Plus, unlike most Expendables cast members, she's quite nice to look at.

As The Expendables 3 is still lining up its cast, the film is a long ways from hitting theaters. The current plan is to debut the film during the summer of 2014, though at this stage any number of issues could crop up to delay the flick. Expect more info to emerge as contracts are finalized and a new crew of cinematic badasses are assembled to take on whatever ludicrous threat needs overly-muscled justice to punch its stupid face in.

Source: Deadline

Imagine if Expendables 3 was just CGI Bruce Lee kicking all of these guys asses, I would watch that film twice in a row. Being a bit dead is just to give the others a sporting chance.

I won't be seeing this movie, I saw expendables 2, one big gun fight. Not entertaining at all.

Kay... im gonna be honest to you all...

I already was set on watching Expendables 3. This just cemented it.

I'm just blown away how this dog shit keeps making money... goes to show there is a market for everything.

I haven't seen the other two, but this just made me interested.

I thought Jackie Chan was retired from action movies these days? Snipes could use the plug ever since his tax evasion issues took him out of the limelight. The only one that sounds like an interesting addition, to me at least, is Milla Jovovich. She could use something different other than the Resident Evil movies but she'd be better off signing up for one of the "female Expendables" movie.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/there-are-now-two-female-expendables-projects-in-t,86632/

Another Expendables movie? Ok I saw the first one and thought "meh". Didn't bother with the second one.

But I'd much rather just watch one of each actors movies and have a better time. Apart from Jet Li and Jackie Chan, for whom I would watch at least 5 of their films and have an even better time.

So wonder women joins the cast? So don't want to see that...

You missed out on a name. Word is Nic Cage is also in talks to be in this... Between that bombshell and Milla being in this, I may have to break my solemn vow and watch an Expendables movie. You win this round Satan.

I only ever saw the first movie, and it was a lot less climactic than I thought it would be...

So glad to know they are going to continue makeing these, I rather enjoy these fun action movies.

To all the the people who say they like the old action movies, but don't like this, you are lieing to yourself... here is a test, off the top of your head, how meany quotes from commando can you remember, if less then three, then this movie is not for you.

FogHornG36:
So glad to know they are going to continue makeing these, I rather enjoy these fun action movies.

To all the the people who say they like the old action movies, but don't like this, you are lieing to yourself... here is a test, off the top of your head, how meany quotes from commando can you remember, if less then three, then this movie is not for you.

I like retro action movies, and I like the concept of The Expendables, but both the first and second movies have been uninspired and derivative. They rely on nothing but who happens to be in them, and they've been consistently lazy in all other regards. Now, why would I watch a shitty retread of retro action movies, when I can just go watch a fucking retro action movie?

The Expendables movies are like the All-Star Game in baseball: it's interesting to see a giant amalgamation of big personalities, even if the result is objectively worse. I enjoy the movies.

The second movie was much more tongue-in-cheek than the first, making callbacks to the various careers of the stars involved. For instance, Arnold saying "I'll be back", only to have Bruce Willis reply "You always say you'll be back, I'll be back!"

Two other actors that Sly has shown an interest in, but neither of these has been confirmed: Steven Seagal, and Antonio Bandaras.

I am so watching this. I already loved the second one and this sounds like it may just be even more awesome.

The potential addition of Jackie Chan intrigues me. He's been a favourite of mine since I used to watch his action films as a kid. To this day, Rumble in the Bronx is firmly rooted in my happy nostalgia place.

Just wait until we see Expendables number 10 with Joseph Gordon Levitt or Chris Hemsworth in it. I'm calling it.

Jackie Chan? Good, the franchise could use more actors that (still) are genuine badasses.

FogHornG36:
here is a test, off the top of your head, how meany quotes from commando can you remember, if less then three, then this movie is not for you.

Don't like The Expendables though. Second one was ok, but rather lacking in really memorable quotes, barring ones that reference other movies.

Still holding out hope for an appearance from Liam Neeson and "Rock" Johnson.

Space Jawa:
Still holding out hope for an appearance from Liam Neeson and "Rock" Johnson.

Mother of god... that would be awesome.

OT: Sounds cool, glad to see two more additions.

Mr.K.:
I'm just blown away how this dog shit keeps making money... goes to show there is a market for everything.

Same could be said by any Nintendo product :P

If they get Snipes, I'm hoping they get Denis Leary and Sandra Bullock for a full on Demolition Man reunion (I cannot tell a lie, I love that movie).

The Expendables movies were fun, to me. A little TOO self-referential at points, but hey, what do you expect from this crew with this concept.

I'd see it.

trty00:

FogHornG36:

I like retro action movies, and I like the concept of The Expendables, but both the first and second movies have been uninspired and derivative. They rely on nothing but who happens to be in them, and they've been consistently lazy in all other regards. Now, why would I watch a shitty retread of retro action movies, when I can just go watch a fucking retro action movie?

The movies are not about story, its about who is in it, 100% if it was just a bunch of random upincomeing actors, this movie would go straight to dvd.

I'm not sure about Wesley Snipes for this film, he's solid actor, but given how he kicked off over having sharing screen time with Ryan Reynolds on Blade 3 I don't see him working well with this many big names. Especially as some of those names are somewhat better known than his...

TallanKhan:
I'm not sure about Wesley Snipes for this film, he's solid actor, but given how he kicked off over having sharing screen time with Ryan Reynolds on Blade 3 I don't see him working well with this many big names. Especially as some of those names are somewhat better known than his...

I think his annoyance came from the fact that Blade had been 'his' movies until 3, plus a lot of the tension came from his working with that particular director in the movie;

It all came to a head when Wesley Snipes apparently sat down with David Goyer and said, according to Oswalt, "I think you need to quit. You're detrimental to this movie". And apparently, Goyer's response was "Why don't you quit? We've got all your close-ups and we could shoot the rest with your stand-in".

"And that freaked Wesley out so much that, for the rest of the production, he would only communicate with the director through Post-it notes. And he would sign each Post-it note 'From Blade'".

Strange, in spite of his action movie "cred", I still think of Major League first when I hear talk of Wesley Snipes. Blade is a close second though.

I got it! Snipes could play the "Yamcha" character: a former hero who retired early to play professional baseball, only to be called back into action mid-season, risking his team's chance at the pennant! ...and promptly gets killed by exploding alien cabbage (or The Expendables' in-canon equivalent).

Random ADD thought: Heh, in-"cannon"...

enjoyed the first 2 movies. just a mindless action flick you just have to laugh at. the hot sexy milla in the 3rd??? im in :D

I actually liked the 2 first ones.
Now I am not saying I liked them in the same way as Pulp Fiction, Django Unchained or Inception but they are good movies if you want great fighting scenes and loads of explosions a friday evening.

I don't care about these movies, but it would be nice seeing Jovovich in something else than Resident Evil...

Snipes... Meh

Chan... OW GOD YES!!!

Jovovich...

I don't know what it is but I don't really like her as an actor. I can barely stand her in RE and don't fancy her other films. I dun know... Maybe she'll change my mind in this one. Also don't help that I don't find her very attractive... :/

And if Cage is in the film he better be the bad guy getting his ass whooped!

When hearing "Jovovich" and "action" Fifth Element comes to mind way before before Resident Evil.

Nghtgnt:
Snip

Yea, but that was Bruce Willis' film. Jovoich really didn't add much with her performance... and I didn't find her attractive back then either.

You know I was just thinking the other day if anyone should be in another action all star movie it should be Mrs. Resident Evil. I mean most of her movies aren't good but let's face it she pretty much has become an action star.

CriticalMiss:
Imagine if Expendables 3 was just CGI Bruce Lee kicking all of these guys asses, I would watch that film twice in a row. Being a bit dead is just to give the others a sporting chance.

My God this comment is full of pure genius.

Shame Snipes cant play Simon Phoneix in the movie, that would be a great enemy to deal with.

Really? Milla Jovovich? There are much more talented action ladies than that.

Michelle Rodriguez
    Lena Headey
    Scarlett Johansson
    Linda Hamilton
    Lucy Lawless
    Cynthia Rothrock

All of these would be a much better choice than Milla "Can't hold a gun one-handed without her arms shaking horribly" Jovovich.

Hell, I'll even settle for Kylie Minogue in the Cammy White getup.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here