Mega Man Blasts Into Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Mega Man Blasts Into Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS

Mega Man and the Animal Crossing Villager join the brawl in Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS.

Nintendo sure knows how to end on a high note, finally showcasing some gameplay footage for the latest installment of the Smash Bros. series at the very end of its Nintendo Direct event. But how do you top the incredible surprise appearance of Snake from the Super Smash Bros. Brawl reveal back in 2006? With none other than the Blue Bomber himself. That's right, Mega Man will be joining the Animal Crossing Villager as playable characters in the new game, which is due out for both 3DS and Wii U some time in the future.

The footage shown at the event showed both the 3DS and Wii U versions of the game, and from the looks of things, the two games will have a pretty good deal of connectivity. I can imagine a roomfull of gamers using their 3DSs and the Wii U gamepad as separate screens while having a brawl.

Series staples such as Mario, Zelda, Kirby and Samus all appear to be making a comeback, taking on a shiny new HD look in the Wii U version. The Animal Crossing Villager appears to use his shovel, as well as various items from the Animal Crossing series as his special moves.

But the real pants-pissing moment of the trailer was the reveal of Mega Man, who will be using the powers of defeated robot masters as his special abilities. He is shown using powers from Metal Man, Crash Man, Leaf Man, Flame Man, Slash Man, Spark Man, Guts Man and Hard Man. His trusty robot dog Rush even makes an appearance.

Nintendo didn't offer any official word on the game's release date, but lets cross our fingers that we see it by the end of the year! A website dedicated to teasing new content, similar to the Smash Bros. Brawl Dojo, has been launched.

Woohoo! I knew there was a reason to keep hold of my 3DS! :D Yay! I do hope they are not the only new characters though... and as long as Pit and Ike are still in, and that they do a better job at the chalenge mode I will be happy!

This is a definite purchase for me! :D

The new SSB site launched like seconds after the stream ended. Really psyched about the Mega Man reveal. At least someone puts Mega Man in their fighting games these days XD

So if I'm reading this correctly, there's a 3DS version of Smash Brothers...? Waaah?

Last I recall, Smash Brothers is a game designed for a group of people on one couch, playing with multiple controllers on the one console on a large TV. Not for a handheld.

RikuoAmero:
So if I'm reading this correctly, there's a 3DS version of Smash Brothers...? Waaah?

Last I recall, Smash Brothers is a game designed for a group of people on one couch, playing with multiple controllers on the one console on a large TV. Not for a handheld.

So was mario kart, but that did well on the 3DS with online play!

RikuoAmero:

Well, I mean you could do the same thing if your friends have handhelds. You would just be looking at different screens >.>

TRETTON AND IWATA CHARGED WITH THE MURDER OF MICROSOFT'S XBOX ONE.

And the tubes of the internet broke.

They made a portable version of smash bros?! Damn, now I seriously am considering getting a 3DS. This has been a good e3

Edit: I still prefer Snake over Megaman though...

And screenshots are already coming out.

And Mega Man is in a Smash Bros game. Nintendo wins E3. (there might be some exaggeration here...)

Its about damn time. This will be a day one purchase for me.

I'm not gonna lie. As soon as I saw the title, i threw up my hands and shouted "Finally!".

I doubt it, but I wonder if developers will release some of their other Nintendo-signature fighters, like Rygar or Scrooge McDuck...
or if Suda 51 managed to convince Nintendo to put in Travis Touchdown...
*sigh* A man can dream.

I always preferred X to the original Mega Man, but this was still pretty cool.

Never been a Mega-Man fan, so this news doesn't really excite me, but hey, its cool to see everyone else excited!

Wonder what improvements and changes there will be to the roster!

I do hope Raichu and Travis Touchdown are added, that would make me happier than happy!

well, Nintendo wins by a GIGANTIC margin

It'll take more than this to get me to buy a Wii U but its a step in the right direction. Now if this upcoming Smash Bros brings the gameplay quality back to the Melee days, I'd be more inclined to buy it.

FINALLY!

I kind of wish they had X in there as well though(imagine Storm Tornado as one of his specials)... but It's Megaman in a Smash Bros game! Finally!

So... I think I'm going to be upgrading from my Wii soon.

So after all these years, every single person in the world who had a theory on what SSB4 would be called has now been proven wrong. Honestly, what was wrong with "Rumble?"
Unimaginative name aside, I am now adding the teaser site to my favorites. It's about damn time a title with promise wormed its way into the pipeline for my otherwise useless Wii U.
(Ignoring Rayman Legends on purpose because Ubisoft can't make good decisions.)

Elementary - Dear Watson:
Woohoo! I knew there was a reason to keep hold of my 3DS! :D Yay! I do hope they are not the only new characters though... and as long as Pit and Ike are still in, and that they do a better job at the chalenge mode I will be happy!

Looking at the new site, they've already confirmed Pit is back. No word on Ike though

Shame that Nintendo is showing more care for Megaman than Capcom has. Still, I'll need more than this and Bayonetta if Nintendo expects me to buy Wii U.

I really want to get one as well. Between Nintendo and Sony, MS' salty tears are tasting mighty delicious!

Great addition to Smash

Now if they bring the speed of the game back up to Melee levels, I'll really be impressed

(play Melee & Brawl back-to-back some time; they really throttled the speed down, probably to make Sonic seem faster)

"Mega Man's in the next Smash Bros." And in other news, Nintendo just doubled their preorders for the game.

Welcome home Megaman!

I really enjoyed the story mode of Brawl, I hope they bring that back. They'd certainly need to fix some of the clunky elements, but, over all, it was great.

Seracen:
Shame that Nintendo is showing more care for Megaman than Capcom has. Still, I'll need more than this and Bayonetta if Nintendo expects me to buy Wii U.

I really want to get one as well. Between Nintendo and Sony, MS' salty tears are tasting mighty delicious!

I'm glad that nintendo was able to get the blue bomber some love after Capcom essentially left him for dead. Maybe the response for this might spark them to restart a certain megaman game with a L and a 3 in it. *crosses fingers*

GAunderrated:

Seracen:

I'm glad that nintendo was able to get the blue bomber some love after Capcom essentially left him for dead. Maybe the response for this might spark them to restart a certain megaman game with a L and a 3 in it. *crosses fingers*

Agreed. Although, sadly, I somewhat doubt it. It'll never be the same project unless they can get the project lead back, and he left out of pure disgust.

Then again, from what I read, the game was close to completion when it was axed, so it COULD be the same project after all. They could just hire some other team to wrap it up for a fraction of the price. It's just like Capcom to pull something that shady.

Doe's anyone else feel sad knowing that Nintendo has probably given Mega Man more love than Capcom ever did in recent years? I mean not to raise up any old wounds or anything, but canceling 3 MM projects, holding back more than 2 games and even pushing buttons like Bad Box Art Mega Man...is just aggressive, and this is all before taking Xover into consideration.

Not entirely sure about my reaction to the Villager...didn't Miyamoto mention that he never wanted any AC characters doing actual violence (indirect or otherwise) which is why Resetti just steals attention instead of damaging people like other Assist Trophies...as a laugh, wouldn't it be strange if the Villager was originally Stanley the Bugman in development (which made sence as a retro character due to the Balloon Fighter Jump) but then backed out due to Mario being his Uncle in canon?

Still though, amazing that Pit became a Nintendo Main character after 1 successful game, even if it meant excising one game from continuity and advertising, despite the creator mentioning that he wasn't planning a sequel. (and im not talking of the NES game, but rather the gameboy game; Myths and Monsters)

So can we all agree that MegaMan won E3?

At first I was "Holy shit it's MegaMan!" Then they've beaten him up and I was kinda sad, but then the song started playing.
Dat song, DAT FUCKING SONG!!!!

You guys can't even imagine how hyped I am. The readiness of my body is beyond the scale.

Super excited, so long as they keep improving the system like they did with Brawl, allow you to customize matches a bit for Party and Tournament players, and not dare take out any of my best characters then we'll be all good.

Really liking Villager, more then Megaman in fact, and it looks like Smash Balls are back as well. Things are looking good so far.

Hoping they do the same with Brawl and the Smash Bros Dojo; you know releasing new information about the game on a set basis up until launch, that'd be neat.

o_o

I FUCKING LOVE YOU, NINTENDO!!!

Capcom, you've taken the first step to redeeming yourself to the Mega Man fan base. You want to go further? Then its time to start restarting those canceled games or making new games the fans want.

Nintendo, way to go! Now, how's about bringing in some Sega characters. Not just Sonic but Knuckles, Jack from Mad World, and Bayonetta herself. Make this version of Super Smash Bros the most awesome game in history!

EDIT: Oh shit! Was that the Yellow Devil at the end of the video?!

He has metal blade? guess I have to get a wii u now. Sony and Microsoft can't compete with that.

Here's hoping they keep some secrets this time around. I know it's hard to do nowadays when the idea of Snake in your previously Nintendo only game is a big news item, but how awesome would it have been if it was an actual secret?

Guys, guys! I guess this means Link, Mario, and Kirby are confirmed! Yisssss

Finally =D. I was ready to kidnap the President's daughters for this. Hear that? Nintendo just saved the President's daughters world. Go buy a Wii U or 3DS so you can play super smash bros with me =3.

So I was watching the presentation with my brother and:

That's basically how things went down. We both were like "Who's that guy?" and the we were like "AAAAAAAHHHHHH!".
My brother fell over.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.