PS3 Update Adds Small Touches
The latest PlayStation 3 firmware update reportedly came through smoothly with a series of small but appreciable changes:
- The controller does not need to be wired to the system to receive updates.
- Personalized backgrounds can be added to the XMB.
- Video, music and demo files can be sorted by date and format.
- Audio and visual settings can be adjusted in real-time while watching movies.
- Emoticons are available for the chat function.
- Discs can be ejected via remote.
This latest firmware revision is labeled 1.90; more significant changes were added in 1.80, including full HD support.
Source: Ars Technica