The Queen Plays Wii

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Queen Plays Wii

According to an article on The People, Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth has become a fan of the Nintendo Wii.

As reported by GamePolitics, the article states that Prince William received one of the popular consoles for Christmas from his girlfriend. According to a Palace source, "He loves his gadgets and boys' toys. So it was the perfect present for him." Unfortunately for him, when his grandmother later saw him playing with the system, she became intrigued.

"When she saw William playing a game after lunch at Sandringham she thought the Nintendo looked tremendous fun and begged to join in," the source said. "She played a simple ten-pin bowling game and by all accounts was a natural. It was hilarious. William was in fits of laughter. He was enormously impressed at having such a cool gran. And although she is 81 the Queen's hand-eye coordination was as good as somebody half her age."

Her use of the Royal Wii is not the Queen's first foray into technology. According to the report, she has kept up with mobile phone technology, owns her own iPod and began making use of a Blackberry in June of this year.

"[William's] only difficulty now is prising it away from the Queen's clutches," the source said. "She showed all the signs of becoming a Nintendo addict."

Interesting. What next, Margaret Thatcher is a natural at COD4??

Alright, so when does Nintendo start stamping Wiis with "By Commission of Her Majesty..." and that spiffy royal logo? Y'know, like HP sauce and those cookies?

(And Reggie Fils-Amie (sp?) must be pounding his head on his desk even harder now for not ramping up Wii production earlier.)

-- Steve

O RLY!?

I'm amazed no-one else has said the line that jumped straight into my head the moment I saw it.

This is the Royal Wii.

EDIT: I need to stop skim-reading.

I did!

LMAO! Jack Thompson vs. the Queen!

Wii is a devil machine that will enslave the minds of the world rulers!

BobisOnlyBob:
I'm amazed no-one else has said the line that jumped straight into my head the moment I saw it.

This is the Royal Wii.

Well done. The Dude would be pleased...oh wait, I am.

I wonder what her Brain Training score is?

Easykill:

That would be the best court case EVER. Let's see the Queen star in her own video game.

Wii are amused.

Easykill:

Haha. She would crush him with the might of all the commonwelth combind!

This is probably the best thing I've read all day. Even if it was "81 year old plays a Wii" I would of loved it, but come on, the Queen of England!

"You have destroyed so much, Mr. Thompson. Pray tell me, what is it that you have *created*?"

Or possibly "We once owned half the world. Yes, including your bit."

Now that nintendo has gained control of the Queen of England their plan for world domination is nearly complete.

Lol I bet Sony Fanboys will be pissed off that she picked the Wii over the PS3.

Fire Daemon:
Now that nintendo has gained control of the Queen of England their plan for world domination is nearly complete.

Lol I bet Sony Fanboys will be pissed off that she picked the Wii over the PS3.

Most people would. It has that Resident Evil game. I would buy it just for that.

Unless she starts playing something along the lines of Metriod Prime 3, this isn't really all that surprising of news.

She is, after all, squarely in Nintendo's new core demographic.

SatansBestBuddy:
Unless she starts playing something along the lines of Metriod Prime 3, this isn't really all that surprising of news.

She is, after all, squarely in Nintendo's new core demographic.

Oh lol, I never realised that Nintendo targets its games for people LIKE the queen.

LOL, that's quite funny, but if she likes technology, then she ought to get a real console, or at least the only good game out on Wii, SMG.
What's worrying is she won't have time to make speeches at Christmas and have tea and crumpets anymore! Oh no!

teh_pwning_dude:

Easykill:

That would be the best court case EVER. Let's see the Queen star in her own video game.

He's got to finish his case with the DOD first

Who here thinks this might lead to Miyamoto-sama being knighted?

That WOULD be SWEET

I would like to represent the 98% of non-British people of this world who don't give a shit in the following statement.

"we respectfully don't care about this trivialization."

So the next time England goes to war, will they blame it on the Wii ? I am sure they will try..

"The Queens judgment has been compromised by the brainwashing effects of computer gaming "

Easykill:

I would pay to watch that, so long as Her majesty the Queen stomps him!

That is hilarious, my grand mother can barely understand Skype.

I think it'd be a lot funnier if she started to play more "hardcore" games.

Like Mad World, if on Wii... Or shooting games =D

I mean, imagine how awesome that'd be.

Well of course, I'd play my Wii more often if it were made out of SOLID FUCKING GOLD!

Just wait until she cracks open Brawl...

imperialwar:
So the next time England goes to war, will they blame it on the Wii ? I am sure they will try..

"The Queens judgment has been compromised by the brainwashing effects of computer gaming "

I think that situation would occur if she had gotten a gold 360, instead of a Wii.. But probably not because of "Brainwashing"..

LANCE420:
I would like to represent the 98% of non-British people of this world who don't give a shit in the following statement.

Which begs the obvious question: Why did you view this thread in the first place then, when the title was very clear of it's contents?

Not to mention the fact your the only one with a negative comment so far so your "98%" theory can be thrown out of the window.

Machines Are Us:

LANCE420:

Which begs the obvious question: Why did you view this thread in the first place then, when the title was very clear of it's contents?

Not to mention the fact your the only one with a negative comment so far so your "98%" theory can be thrown out of the window.

Here's a simple answer for a simple person.
I read the title and i had to bring it up. You don't happen to be British do you? it may come as a shock that no-one cares. Hell, The magna carta was signed so you don't really have to care about the queen/king anyway.

I admit, I made up the 98% statistic because looking up the actual figure would have been as pointless as this article and this needless response to your question.

All of this begs another obvious question: How many wii/queen fanboys are here?

Thank you for your time.

LANCE420:

Machines Are Us:

LANCE420:

Here's a simple answer for a simple person.
I read the title and thought i had to bring it up.
By the way you don't happen to be British so you?

I admit, I made up the 98% statistic because looking up the actual figure would have been a pointless as this article and this needless response to your question.

Thank you for your time.

So you saw the title, knew what the thread was about, and decided you had to troll? Ok, reported.

I am British, but do not support the Monarchy so the point you were attempting to make is void.

Another point would be that this site is American. So if nobody except British people cared I don't see it being posted on here.

I was wondering why I kept getting killed on COD [email protected] on the Wii by someone called "The Queen".

But people can bullshit anything nowadays!
Sorry, I lost all trust in the media long ago

ShmenonPie:
LOL, that's quite funny, but if she likes technology, then she ought to get a real console, or at least the only good game out on Wii, SMG.
What's worrying is she won't have time to make speeches at Christmas and have tea and crumpets anymore! Oh no!

Define "real console," because I'm sure Nintendo, the dictionary, most gamers who are not anti-wii, and perhaps even the Queen would beg to differ on your definition. Also, define "good," because once again that sounds like your opinion and not something the Queen is interested in.

Whoever said "Wii are amused," I love you. That is just perfect (And reminds me of that Doctor Who episode).

LANCE420:

2nded

LANCE420:

What a bizarre necro. Why did you bring this thread back from the grave just to say you didn't care?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here