Konami Code Hidden in Google Reader

Konami Code Hidden in Google Reader

A gamer at Google has snuck in the famous 'Konami code' into one of the company's products.

The Konami Code, a classic old-school gaming cheat that most dedicated Gradius or Contra fans recognize, is still in use today by the geek gamers at search giant Google.

Google Reader, a free RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feed reader, includes the code for users to unlock a special background for their subscription list on the left side of the page.

Typing Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B then A (Start and Select aren't keys, so they've been excluded in Google's rendition) on the keyboard will instantly pop up a ninja in the feed and in the search bar, as well as change all unread subscriptions to 30, the number of lives this combo would grant players in Contra.

Source: Blogoscoped via CrunchGear, BoingBoing

Well played Google, well played. Now if they can put it into Google Earth and cause the planet to explode, then I'll be sold.

Lance Icarus:
Well played Google, well played. Now if they can put it into Google Earth and cause the planet to explode, then I'll be sold.

So would I. Nothing says, "Good-bye homework," like blowing the Earth up.

Yeah, but then where would you keep your stuff?

You wouldn't have any stuff left to keep anywhere. It'd all be destroyed. Therefore, no need to keep it anywere.

HalfShadow:
Yeah, but then where would you keep your stuff?

You just put it in your backpack, y'know? Everyone knows that backpacks can hold up to 99 of anything.

99x 1% of exploded Earth

Yay jigsaw puzzle :D
But wait... there's a piece missing.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook