Jack Thompson Soldiers On, Calls Names

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Jack Thompson Soldiers On, Calls Names

As his formal disbarment nears, Jack Thompson has decided to appeal to the mercy and compassion of the courts by hurling personal insults at a judge.

Thompson was recently recommended for disbarment for a minimum of ten years by the Florida Supreme Court, which found him guilty of 27 counts of professional misconduct, including knowingly making false statements, engaging in conduct involving dishonesty and "using means that have no purpose other than to embarrass, delay or burden a third person." Thompson has battled the proceedings, accusing the judge who made the disbarment recommendation of falsifying an oath of loyalty and filing federal lawsuits against the Florida Supreme Court, but none of his efforts thus far have had any effect on his fate.

Sticking with the tactics that have brought him this far, then, Thompson has now written a letter to the Judicial Qualifications Commission in Florida in which he insults Judge Dava Tunis, who presided over his case, and filed a separate motion to have her findings struck down, which he also uses as a vehicle to insult her.

In the letter to the Judicial Qualifications Commission, Thompson questions many of Tunis' actions during the proceedings against him, accusing her of incompetence and claiming, "She is just making this stuff up as she goes, and she is too sloppy to keep track of what she is making up."

"But, hey, it's only my 31-year law career that is at stake here, and her Republican buddy Jeb Bush who put her on the bench has his buddies' Bar complaints in front of her, so you can't really expect her to rise above her entanglements and act like a real judge," he continued. "Finally, maybe there is another explanation here: Maybe Dava Tunis is mentally impaired."

Pointing out that he has undergone psychiatric evaluation in the past in connection with his courtroom foibles, Thompson suggests Tunis should undergo a "battery of psychiatric and psychological tests" to determine her fitness as a judge. "The raving wild woman I saw in the last minutes of our trial in December 2007 in which she stood up behind her bench and was shouting and waving her arms was someone who had become unhinged," he wrote. "Is she still unhinged?"

In a second document, filed with the Florida Supreme Court, Thompson again attacks Judge Tunis, calling her "hopelessly befuddled" and claiming she "couldn't care less if she makes a fool of herself in her headlong pursuit of Thompson as if she were a prosecutor." He even manages to work in an "Earth to Tunis" crack before making a vague threat about her judicial future.

"This Referee, this oathless Tunis, is so out of her judisprudential [sic] mind that she can't even keep her fabrications straight," he wrote. "Welcome to Dava in Wonderland."

Despite this fine display of inspired legal maneuvering, Judge Tunis' final report recommending Thompson's disbarment is still scheduled to go before the Florida Supreme Court in September.

Source: Kotaku

Hey! He stole Tommy Vercetti's shirt!

Wow, this guy sure knows how to make friends an influence people. Next thing you know a bunch of loonies will give him a Freedom Award or something...

Oh c'mon Jack Thompson! Your honor, i object to this kind of behavior. Furthermore, i would like to issue a recess of at least 15 minutes so the people in this court may discuss how fucked up Mr. Thompson is without worry of the words spoken being used against anyone in this court.

All in favor?

I!

Really J.T., how far are you willing to go? This is beggining to get sad if it hasn't allready.

EDIT: After further evaluation, we have concluded that Mr. Thompson is quite possibly a pedophille using games such as Grand Theft Auto 4 to lure kids into his van. We would like to investigate this further and if possible put Mr. thompson on trial for this possibility (Ungh, even i find that in slight bad taste)

I think that the Escapist, and everyone on here, should put together some kind of on-line signing list for 30 days and put all of our signatures on a "Thank You" letter to the Florida Barr and Judge Tunis. How about it, Escapist. Feel up to it?

Jhereg42:
I think that the Escapist, and everyone on here, should put together some kind of on-line signing list for 30 days and put all of our signatures on a "Thank You" letter to the Florida Barr and Judge Tunis. How about it, Escapist. Feel up to it?

thats a wonderful idea.

This man is a few short circuits away from being able to use the insanity defense.

Here's a tip - when your ass is on the line in a courtroom, you do not insult the judge.

i wonder if he's purposely doing this so that he can plead for insanity later...

Poor Jack, you were in denial, now you're going in the anger phase. Just wish he hits acceptance already...

Pebsy:
i wonder if he's purposely doing this so that he can plead for insanity later...

That would seem to make sense, until you read his letters that continually proclaim that he is perfectly sane.

Random argument man:
Poor Jack, you were in denial, now you're going in the anger phase. Just wish he hits acceptance already...

Won't that phase be the "Jack Thompson found dead in alleyway, well used copy of GTA IV in hand" phase?

It's like watching a celebrity hit the skids, but only I don't feel guilty about it.

If I knew how to link to things I would link to a CAD strip that explains why Jack hates Grand Theft Auto so much. It includes alleyways and Grand Theft Auto Pong.

That mental evaluation he took must have been a long time ago because he is definitely not sane anymore! This ranks right up there with Britney's skiing trip down Career Suicide Mountain. Black diamond FTW!

Biggest sore loser in the history of ever.

If only this was like the Unforgotten Realms episode, eh?

Hey Joe:
It's like watching a celebrity hit the skids, but only I don't feel guilty about it.

Indeed - I at least felt alittle sorry for Britney, but with Jack, well, pity is about the nearest I get. He's so warped and, if not insane, then malicously angry at the world. And Jack, seriously, you really think -anyone- is going to take your word on who's insane? Really? Although like the old saying 'takes one to know one'

the protaginist:

Jhereg42:

thats a wonderful idea.

Indeed, good idea. Seems the USA justice system does actually work.

You know, that's actually a really good point I never thought of. Jack Thompson or not, a lawyer is getting disbarred for being *dishonest*... kinda warms the heart, no?

Lvl 64 Klutz:
This man is a few short circuits away from being able to use the insanity defense.

He's only a few hairs away from using the Chewbacca defence.

More of Mr. Thompson flying around his cage and flinging his crap. Yawn.

Well, at least he's consistent?

Lt. Sera:
Well, at least he's consistent?

Even when he's trying to be nice, he's being a malicious bastard. So, yeh, consistent is the word.

Ah Jack Thompson, if any one man ever dug his own grave, t'would be ye.

Hey Joe:

Have you ever felt guilty about a celebrity gone wrong?

As for Mr Thompson, I find it amusing how karma has finally caught up to him. So much time and money wasted that could have gone into curing canser or fighting lions.

Good Lord a'mighty, that man is an idiot. Whoever performed that psychiatric evaluation needs to have their credentials checked, there is no way this lunatic could pass even a basic check. He just doesn't know when to stop digging that hole deeper and deeper.

PurpleRain:

Hey Joe:

Have you ever felt guilty about a celebrity gone wrong?

I think they mean they feel guilty about watching it happen, but I could be wrong.

This guy is crazy. Someone's been playing too much Grand Theft Intelligence.

i dont even know how to properly respond to this. it's like he's actively TRYING to destroy his "career". i'd almost feel bad for him, if he wasn't such a douche.

And so Jack Thompson's self destruction continues, is it wrong that I smile whenever I read an article like this one?

"She is just making this stuff up as she goes, and she is too sloppy to keep track of what she is making up."

That's ridiculous, Jack!

I love how theres a picture of him with GTA IV, nobody would let Jack Thompson hold their copy, so he had to buy it, so he's supporting Take Two. What a dumbass, can't wait till he's disbarred

jack thompson is a man i pitty more and more. he's clearly mentally ill and he can't recognize it himself and either his family isnt trying to help him or more likely he refuses to listen to their pleas and seek help. Jack you've already lost your career because of this, dont lose your family because of your illness too!!!!

Gah, why is this man still in the news? I thought he would have been disbarred and thrown into a pit somewhere by now. With him taking stabs at the judges, maybe that's not too far off.

Allow me to elaborate on this.
Jack Thompson is a spoiled brat that if something happens within the mainstream videogame production that he does not like, he calls upon millions of upset parents (that believe the only way to keep their children away from harm is locking them in a nice soft room) so they can go on a big bull [email protected]#$ parade and try to ban the said game.
He recently reported that there was a "Rape Scene" Within GTA IV and is still, to this very day, trying to find that. Ladies and Gentlemen, the Mainstream consumer empire has a thorn in it's side, that thorn's name is Jack Thompson.

He is probably trying to provoke an assassination on himself, just so he can claim a game related killing.

Royzy:
He is probably trying to provoke an assassination on himself, just so he can claim a game related killing.

I thought that too. Unfortunately, there's probably some little retard out there with access to his Daddy's gun cabinet planning just such a thing.

Also, let's look at reality for a moment: Even if we get a best-case-scenario where Jack doesn't just get disbarred for the minimum 10 years, but a helluva lot longer, that still won't shut this douchebag up or stop his ignorant rants & crusades against one of our favourite past-times. He's a true believer in his chosen cause, & nothing short of actually dying will stop him.

Professional suicide is nothing more than a momentary distraction for him.

fat american:
If I knew how to link to things I would link to a CAD strip that explains why Jack hates Grand Theft Auto so much. It includes alleyways and Grand Theft Auto Pong.

Yeah, it's tasteless strips like that that make me wonder if gamers deserve the criticism of Mr. Thompson. Then my sanity gets back from the toilet and I realize that Buckley's poor sense of humor does not change the fact that Jacky boy is the very definition of Douchebag.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here