Halo 3: Recon to Now be Known as Halo 3: ODST

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Halo 3: Recon to Now be Known as Halo 3: ODST

Bungie switches the title of their upcoming campaign expansion pack, nothing regarding the game has changed and yes, you can still has Recon armor.

Whether or not Bungie felt odd about releasing a game named after a piece of armor that people have been known to viciously hack Xbox Live accounts, what matters is that from this day forward the game formerly known as Halo 3: Recon shall now be known as Halo 3: ODST.

In a news item on its official website, community staffer Brian Jarrard says that the new title is "a more straight forward account of the experience that awaits and the role you will assume as you explore the streets of New Mombasa." The name, Halo 3: ODST, is the acronym for "Orbital Drop Shock Trooper," the soldiers that you'll be taking control of when the game ships Fall 2009.

"This special forces branch of the UNSC military force is called into action for highly specialized, small scale operations," explains Jarrard. "ODST units were deployed during portions of the Halo 2 and Halo 3 campaign and have also been featured in some of the Halo novels."

Aside from the change in title, nothing else concerning the game has been altered. You still assume the role of an ODST, sneaking about the ruins of New Mombasa in search for your missing squad. The title change also doesn't affect the opportunity to acquire the much coveted Recon armor, as those are tied to the achievements you can earn. As far as Bungie is concerned the change is already complete, with everything from wallpapers to the original announcement trailer on the official website being changed made to reflect the new title.

im sure there could be amusing alternate words for that acronym. Alas I cant think of any :(

edit:
Operations Down Satans Trousers

Octogenarians Do [the] Silliest Things

Khell_Sennet:
Over Done Sequel Trash?

That just about covers all bases :-D

Cousin_IT:
im sure there could be amusing alternate words for that acronym. Alas I cant think of any :(

"Orgy Down Sadist Town"

Over Done Sequel Trash?

Khell_Sennet:
Over Done Sequel Trash?

Badda bing.

Khell_Sennet:
Over Done Sequel Trash?

You win.

I like this better. ODSTs are badass. And it makes more sense.

Obviously, Danny Secretes Tranquillity.

Khell_Sennet:
Over Done Sequel Trash?

hold your judgment until the game actually comes out

Khell_Sennet:
Over Done Sequel Trash?

Last time I checked, 4 is less than 13; if you want to point to overdone sequel trash, it's not the Halo franchise you need to be looking at...

Our Developers Slaving Tirelessly on diverse scenario templates.

-- Steve

lukemdizzle:

Khell_Sennet:
Over Done Sequel Trash?

No.... It's Halo. It's Sequel trash until we are proved otherwise

Even though I do agree with Khell Sennet often, I'll have to disagree. I think that ODST is going to be a good game, if though a bit bland if you're not familiar with the halo universe.

I know I'm going to buy it. I think that Bungie should take this road, that is, stepping away from Master Chief as the main character. Sure, he's an icon, but he also gives the audience a skewed image of the war against the Covenant.

Um, okay?

Big whoop, though I don't understand why they felt the need to change the title.

smallharmlesskitten:

lukemdizzle:

Khell_Sennet:
Over Done Sequel Trash?

Ok.

*proves otherwise*

See look at that I can force opinions too!

AceDiamond:

smallharmlesskitten:

lukemdizzle:

Khell_Sennet:
Over Done Sequel Trash?

Ok.

*proves otherwise*

*facedesk*

I was pointing out the fact that he said we should hold our judgement. Are we not allowed to dislike anything associated with Halo now?

*sorely tempted to godwin*

smallharmlesskitten:

AceDiamond:

smallharmlesskitten:

lukemdizzle:

Khell_Sennet:
Over Done Sequel Trash?

Ok.

*proves otherwise*

*facedesk*

I was pointing out the fact that he said we should hold our judgement. Are we not allowed to dislike anything associated with Halo now?

So you say to hold judgement and yet you've already passed a pre-emptive judgement

It doesn't work that way.

smallharmlesskitten:

AceDiamond:

smallharmlesskitten:

lukemdizzle:

Khell_Sennet:
Over Done Sequel Trash?

Ok.

*proves otherwise*

*facedesk*

ya the only problem is that Halo is a young franchise (3 games as aren't that many for games) bungie has stated that its their last halo project and that none of the other games have been trash. you can think otherwise but they've all optioned tremendous critical acclaim and have been some of the most played games consistently.

and the game has an awesome logo

AceDiamond:

So you say to hold judgement and yet you've already passed a pre-emptive judgement

Are you smoking crack?

He said to hold judgement.
My reply was saying that anyone can have an opinion. I judge Halo games before they are out because they will be a generic shooter with a dude in a power suit. (opinion)I know there are better shooters out there(/opinion)

What are you? The opinion police?

smallharmlesskitten:

AceDiamond:

Are you smoking crack?

My reply was saying that anyone can have an opinion. I judge Halo games before they are out because they will be a generic shooter with a dude in a power suit. (opinion)I know there are better shooters out there(/opinion)

yes but making a final judgment based on absolutely nothing is flawed logic especially when bungie has stated that they completely reworked their gameplay formula and it will be a very different feeling game than the previous 3

smallharmlesskitten:
Are you smoking crack?

Just nitpicking, but you're not going to be a dude in a power suit, if you play ODST's. They're not into the strenght and reflex magnifying armour with a powerful shield.

lukemdizzle:

smallharmlesskitten:

AceDiamond:

Are you smoking crack?

yes but making a final judgment based on absolutely nothing is flawed logic especially when bungie has stated that they completely reworked their gameplay formula and it will be a very different feeling game than the previous 3

Who are you to say my logic is flawed?

Am I not allowed to have pre-concieved notions about a game?

smallharmlesskitten:

lukemdizzle:

smallharmlesskitten:

AceDiamond:

Are you smoking crack?

nobody said your not allowed to anything. Im just trying to encourage you to keep an open mind and lighten up a little

lukemdizzle:

smallharmlesskitten:

lukemdizzle:

smallharmlesskitten:

AceDiamond:

Are you smoking crack?

nobody said your not allowed to anything. Im just trying to encourage you to keep an open mind and lighten up a little

In case you can't tell... I do not like Halo in any of it's forms. It is a competent game but what it has done to gaming as a whole makes me hate it... A lot. If this game truly brings something new I may like it more. But for now I do not want to touch the disk.

(PS: "Let's be like Halo"-- Yahtzee. That quote sums up what most shooters want to be these days. And it pisses me off to see innovation thrown down the tubes in order to cash in on the frat-boy demographic)

smallharmlesskitten:

lukemdizzle:

smallharmlesskitten:

lukemdizzle:

smallharmlesskitten:

AceDiamond:

Are you smoking crack?

In case you can't tell... I do not like Halo in any of it's forms. It is a competent game but what it has done to gaming as a whole makes me hate it... A lot. If this game truly brings something new I may like it more. But for now I do not want to touch the disk.

(PS: "Let's be like Halo"-- Yahtzee. That quote sums up what most shooters want to be these days. And it pisses me off to see innovation thrown down the tubes in order to cash in on the frat-boy demographic)

Yes because that's exactly what I am. Oh wait, seems I don't belong to any frats nor do I harbor that mentality. Nice to see you seem to know who people are without knowing them.

Also this would be ironic if you have played and enjoyed Gears of War so let's hope not :P

Ahem... Oh, Don't Start This!

Seriously, can we have a board that doesn't devolve into flame war for once?

AceDiamond:

Yes because that's exactly what I am. Oh wait, seems I don't belong to any frats nor do I harbor that mentality. Nice to see you seem to know who people are without knowing them.

Also this would be ironic if you have played and enjoyed Gears of War so let's hope not :P

*facedesk* It's called a stereotype. Every "Hardcore" Halo player I have met in real life is an idiot or a jerk... or an asshat to the highest degree. I am not making a judgement about you.

And no I did not enjoy gears either. I would Bitchslap CliffyB if I met him. (For many reasons)

No can we stop this and accept that I do not like Halo and will not like this game?

smallharmlesskitten:

lukemdizzle:

smallharmlesskitten:

lukemdizzle:

smallharmlesskitten:

AceDiamond:

Are you smoking crack?

jesus christ Its a fun game. It isn't Bungie's fault that other games copied it but didn't execute it as well. and if you really don't like what it has done to other games than don't play them, problem salved.

lukemdizzle:
jesus christ Its a fun game. It isn't Bungie's fault that other games copied it but didn't execute it as well. and if you really don't like what it has done to other games than don't play them, problem salved.

Look up

smallharmlesskitten:

AceDiamond:

*facedesk* It's called a stereotype. Every "Hardcore" Halo player I have met in real life is an idiot or a jerk... or an asshat to the highest degree. I am not making a judgement about you.

And no I did not enjoy gears either. I would Bitchslap CliffyB if I met him. (For many reasons)

No can we stop this and accept that I do not like Halo and will not like this game?

really because almost every halo hatter Iv met is a condescending prick who thinks they know more about games than anybody. Im a "hard core" halo fan but I realize it has some flaws which are heavily outweighed by its strengths and I also play lots of other games which I enjoy so please hold your judgment and chill out

I don't know if ODST sounds better, but I guess Recon sort of made me think the game would be like SC or something...
I guess ODST sort of represents the game better.

Okay people enough with the Halo 3 ODST bashing. It maybe another cow cash in for Bungie and Microsoft but that's no reason to whine about it when the game isn't even released yet. Remember kids, it's just a spin off, almost every big name game franchise has one and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Let's all stop our whining and wait to see how this game will turn out. I'm not a big Halo 3 fan but I'm interested to see how this game would turn out.

mg66368:
Okay people enough with the Halo 3 ODST bashing. It maybe another cow cash in for Bungie and Microsoft but that's no reason to whine about it when the game isn't even released yet. Remember kids, it's just a spin off, almost every big name game franchise has one and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Let's all stop our whining and wait to see how this game will turn out. I'm not a big Halo 3 fan but I'm interested to see how this game would turn out.

good idea

lukemdizzle:

really because almost every halo hatter Iv met is a condescending prick who thinks they know more about games than anybody. Im a "hard core" halo fan but I realize it has some flaws which are heavily outweighed by its strengths and I also play lots of other games which I enjoy so please hold your judgment and chill out

I'm nto being condescending. I am simply stating an OPINION. Get that into your skull. I.DO.NOT.LIKE.HALO. and I there is next to nothing you can say to change that. I simply do not like it. It's that simple

Seriously. How old are you? You are acting extremely immaturely when you are unable to take someones opinion of a game.

I'm gonna stop now bcause your obviously not going to let me have an opinion. Trust me I am very chilled.

(PS: stopping people from having opinions is comparable to Hitler. That's right. I Godwin'd to stop this goddammed pointless argument)

Jared Rea:
Grampa Simpson [/img]

You are now my favourite Reporter... You can come back now. I stopped it with a Godwin.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.