Black Friday Idiots Fight Over Xbox 360s

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Black Friday Idiots Fight Over Xbox 360s

As this video will so amply demonstrate, nothing brings out the best in humanity like the festive holiday combination of Black Friday, Wal-Mart shoppers and a single, solitary palette of Xbox 360s.

There's not much to say about this one: A swarm of crazed shoppers throw themselves at a stack of Xbox 360/Guitar Hero bundles like a school of piranha attacking a fat cow in a disgusting exposure of human nature stripped down to its most contemptible instincts. Apparently the real reason it's called "Black Friday" is because of the stain it leaves on the souls of people who get caught up in it. At least this fracas didn't result in a body count.

The original video posted at Xbox 360 Fanboy has been pulled, but fortunately a slightly edited version is still available on YouTube. Congratulations to everyone who took part; the example you set for your children and others around you will no doubt inspire the next generation of cheeseburger-sucking meatheads to even greater heights of selfish, callous and reprehensible behavior.

Ok, prior apologies for language, here, but my tirade can't be held in any longer.

Fuck average American consumers. Seriously, they can all go burn in hell for all I care. I love Christmas, but all I ever hear from friends and like-minded people is how much they hate the season thanks to assholes like these. Thank you, jackasses. Thank you for turning the public image of my favorite time of the year into an almost satirical display of Capitalism at it's worst. >_>

Well, I laughed. This is the prime example of why to keep yourself away from anything that sounds like an angry mob.

Once...again.....can someone offer me a deal on some Nukes....(I will allow the Escapist Staff to evacuate first)

Geez, I was just flipping through another news report on this and one of the employees was bitching that the price drop wasn't even that significant.

I just love how the guy holding the camera is laughing at them. Too bad more people weren't laughing louder so that people could suddenly realize they should be ashamed of themselves.

*sigh*

Still isn't as bad as people gunning down other people on PS3 launch day.

But it's up there.

smallharmlesskitten:
Once...again.....can someone offer me a deal on some Nukes....(I will allow the Escapist Staff to evacuate first)

Can I be allowed to evacuate and go back home as well? I would fully agree with any action you take.

Someone was asking for gamers who give us a bad image? Look no further.

Edit: Ok, I watched the video - it didn't have any sound, but I didn't see anything that bad - whats the problem?

Lvl 64 Klutz:
Ok, prior apologies for language, here, but my tirade can't be held in any longer.

Fuck average American consumers. Seriously, they can all go burn in hell for all I care. I love Christmas, but all I ever hear from friends and like-minded people is how much they hate the season thanks to assholes like these. Thank you, jackasses. Thank you for turning the public image of my favorite time of the year into an almost satirical display of Capitalism at it's worst. >_>

Spot On.

I've only heard of this Black Friday thing thanks to links i've been getting from friends and...well its fucked up.

Lvl 64 Klutz:

"Fuck average American consumers"? What the hell merits this? These guys aren't the average American consumers. They might act like raving loonies, but if your average Joe wants a 360, he strolls into a Best Buy and picks one up. And you can moralize it all you want, but Capitalism is the only thing that keeps the world turning. Without these ninnies buying XBoxes and all the other crap during the holidays, we'd be back to trading chickens.

Jobz:

smallharmlesskitten:

Can I be allowed to evacuate and go back home as well? I would fully agree with any action you take.

Anyone who is part of the Escapist then

m_jim:

Lvl 64 Klutz:

"Fuck average American consumers"? What the hell merits this? These guys aren't the average American consumers. They might act like raving loonies, but if your average Joe wants a 360, he strolls into a Best Buy and picks one up. And you can moralize it all you want, but Capitalism is the only thing that keeps the world turning. Without these ninnies buying XBoxes and all the other crap during the holidays, we'd be back to trading chickens.

I said "average American consumers," because these are the kinds of things we see after Black Friday, and I wanted to clarify that I have nothing against all American consumers, being one myself. Secondly, I have nothing against Capitalism, I was only saying behavior like this makes it look bad.

I have to say, that was crazy. Gotta love that the guy filming is just laughing in shock.

smallharmlesskitten:

Jobz:

smallharmlesskitten:

Anyone who is part of the Escapist then

Hooray!

And that's why I do my Christmas Shopping before Thanksgiving. To avoid the idiots.

I fail to understand why people do that, over here in scotland we've never ever seen anything like that before

Rezfon:
I fail to understand why people do that, over here in scotland we've never ever seen anything like that before

Are you a consumerist nation disguised as a democracy? Are your people slaves to shopping idiocy that for some reason is based around the day after Thanksgiving being somehow the biggest shopping day in the country?
No? That would be why. America is founded on hypocrisy and elemental stupid unfortunately.

There were some reeeeeal fat people in that clip. Not surprisingly they seemed to have grabbed a box for themselves. I wouldnt wanna stand in the way of those oncoming boulders :-D

TheNecroswanson:

Rezfon:

Are you a consumerist nation disguised as a democracy? Are your people slaves to shopping idiocy that for some reason is based around the day after Thanksgiving being somehow the biggest shopping day in the country?
No? That would be why. America is founded on hypocrisy and elemental stupid unfortunately.

America was not founded on that (well ok, yes hypocrisy), merely this is what it's become.

lol, that video is awesome, "LMFAO" "Plumbers butt"! haha. Its so dumb though how much people will fight for a game console.

TheNecroswanson:

Rezfon:

Oh for.....Geez it's like every single country is a land of happiness and flowers but America is some awful place where everyone is a raving lunatic. Yes America has some serious problems but insulting the country has become some massive internet sensation.

As corrupt as it is America really isn't that bad of a place. There are FAR worse places on earth to be. No one is perfect

On Topic: Wal-Mart shoppers like this are on the same mental scale as a locust horde.

Codeman90:

Oh for.....Geez it's like every single country is a land of happiness and flowers but America is some awful place where everyone is a raving lunatic. Yes America has some serious problems but insulting the country has become some massive internet sensation.

As corrupt as it is America really isn't that bad of a place. There are FAR worse places on earth to be. No one is perfect

I live in America. I'd take suicide religious bombings over glorifying retardation. At least then we'd have a half decent reason why our people just randomly die.

Sure there's far worse places, and of course, good guys and nice things dont make the news, and don't get reported.

Still, I'd be pissed if I got my hands on the last box same time as someone else... but I'm not gonna fight for it, certainly not wrestle around on the floor.

It's partly being english, and we'd just 'die' inside if we were to make a scene, lol.

Also tho, its an xbox 360, the way they were handling those, enjoy your RROD when you get home! (not a bash at 360, but damn, that's fragile tech stuff, not a bag of cheetos)

Reply to Necroswanson:

That's just sad. No comment there.

Nearly as good as the guy that got trampled to death, nearly. If you think it's messed up that I think it's funny, then check out that post of mine and you'll understand why.

December 26th, 2008:

10,000 RROD ridden 360s are returned to a wal-mart in the same people, but with ten times the violence.

BudZer:
December 26th, 2008:

10,000 RROD ridden 360s are returned to a wal-mart in the same people, but with ten times the violence.

Best. Line. Evar!

I don't really understand those people, though. I mean, fighting over a PS3 I can understand. :D (Lemme guess, satire fail?)

Congratulations to everyone who took part; the example you set for your children and others around you will no doubt inspire the next generation of cheeseburger-sucking meatheads to even greater heights of selfish, callous and reprehensible behavior.

Permalink[/quote]

What the hell man, not all Americans are fat capitalist sheeple.

Fanboy:
image of rejected

TheNecroswanson:

Codeman90:

I live in America. I'd take suicide religious bombings over glorifying retardation. At least then we'd have a half decent reason why our people just randomly die.

*facepalm* Well now, since you LIVE in America, you can say things like that and you can also act on them! If you truly mean what you say, go right ahead and move out of this country and see first hand that you would rather "Glorify retardation" than "take suicide religious bombings."

Seriously, think before you post.

Stringytank:
Congratulations to everyone who took part; the example you set for your children and others around you will no doubt inspire the next generation of cheeseburger-sucking meatheads to even greater heights of selfish, callous and reprehensible behavior.

What the hell man, not all Americans are fat capitalist sheeple.

No, but with incidents like this you can understand why some people may get that impression.

smallharmlesskitten:

I'm with you.

smallharmlesskitten:

I got one. Genuine Russian Craftmanship. Perfect for menacing other third world countries. A big Slingshot should do you for the launch, 300 feet is plenty.
Biscuit to whoever gets the reference.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or