PS+ Not Required For Free-to-Play Online Games

Pages PREV 1 2

Whytewulf:

I agree.. Are people just looking for the negative. Do they think these companies can just manage servers for free?

......... Do you mean the game servers? Because they're managed by the company that makes the game. And PS+ and XBL subscriptions don't go to that.

If you mean the consoles servers for accessing the store etc. Well every PC DC manages, and so did Sony until recently.

I have a PS+ account because it's good value for money. But making online play PS+ only is a dick move. There's literally no justifiable reason to do it.

Man, people who scream for Free to Play really bother me.

You want to play a *FREE* AAA online game with lots of content, with no hassles and you don't want to open your wallet? Okay. You want that company to pay your bills for you too, while you play their game?

Abandon4093:

I have a PS+ account because it's good value for money. But making online play PS+ only is a dick move. There's literally no justifiable reason to do it.

Yes, it's been the only dick-move by Sony in an otherwise stellar reveal. No reason to do it at all, and while I'm also a PS+ member for reasons obvious, I don't feel it should be required for basic service, which is already offered on PSN right now.

It will be heaps better than Live Gold, but it shouldn't be forced. I hate Microsoft for forcing Gold, its a trash service, you get virtually nothing for paying in, and you still get inundated with a piece of shit dashboard flooded with all sorts of advertisements, like you're just a useless resource being mined for revenue. That's what we we really are when it comes right down to it, but show some restraint, damn.

The PS+ paywall is supposedly really lenient though, so there is that.

bak00777:
I'm actually ok with this. Currently I have a 360 so i'm used to pay for live, it sucks, but i deal with it. I was hoping that it would be free like the PS3, but right now my mind is allready completely made up on jumping onto the Sony Ship that im going to overlook this.

I felt that way about my old wow sub. It sucked but I learned to deal. However, now after years of that bad gut feeling about throwing 15 bucks down the drain every month, I now despise blizzard as being a huge rip-off in the end. I will not be buying any more blizzard games.

I feel that unnecessary subscriptions tend to make consumers leave in disgust in the end, as I did.

Alfador_VII:

If you don't want the "weasel words", or indeed the option of actual free to play, just go with Xbox One (or 360) where all online play needs Gold membership :)

There's no freedom from weasel words in Microsoft's world.

Nieroshai:
You haven't been paying attention, have you?

Apparently, you haven't, if "adding more catches" is a reasonable excuse based on the notion that there has "always been catches."

By that logic, the Xbone's daily check-in DRM isn't worth complaining about because there's "always been DRM."

Do you support the Bone?

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.