Steam Summer Sale Could Start Tomorrow

Pages PREV 1 2

I'm leaving the country on sunday...

Okay how my gonna do this...? I suppose I could be super well behaved and make a wishlist? At the moment there isn't really any games I really want, maybe prison architect and kerbal space programme. Perhaps Xcom...it may be just as well I'm going away, because as soon as I see that magic -80% I'm likely to snap up regardless, keep it in my inventory for later.

On the other hand I really should limit myself, how much is acceptable? A day's wages? £50? Okay that sounds like a good maximum spend.

An entire paycheck. Steam summer sale > Rent.

You could always live in a homeless shelter.

My body is ready...

Oh dear God, my poor, poor credit card is gonna get such a pounding. Oh well, plastic's pretty tough, right?

I already have a decent backlog of other sale titles I've picked up, but hey, the more merrier. Really hoping for Bioshock Infinite and Borderlands 2.

My wallet is ready!

So...
Are there going to be achievements too? Will they be firing off the start shot with some of that trading card game action? And will they secretly sell HL3 at 3% off? So many questions.

Not surprised. When Valve starts to put their own games on the weekly sales it's generally a sign that they're saving their sales for the big one.

*Crosses fingers*
Farcry 3 for $10. Farcry 3 for $10. Farcry 3 for $10.

Wait, that's Ubisoft.

Fuck.

I just buy all my games on credit anyway. Doesn't matter to me if/when the sale arrives. :)

I just want to leave this for all of you.

http://gaben.tv/

PRAISE THA LOOOOOOOOOOOOOORD!!!!!

Daystar Clarion:
Are you all ready for a miracle?

Oh Great and Merciful Steam, please offer me games I will probably never play at ludicrously low prices!

I know a bunch of people have already said it, but that was quite funny. Did not expect that, and will be sharing it accordingly.

Here's hoping I can pick up Gunpoint and any random titles I didn't even know I wanted for $5 or less.

Well let's see:
Wallet with money- check
Freed space on Hard Drive- check

Welp, I seem prepared. Let's hope I don't get my wallet too destroyed.

Half-Life 2 was (Is?) on sale for like $2.50. Pretty ridiculous how low that became.

My body is ready.

... My wallet isn't ready for this.
I'M NOT PREPARED.

Half Life 3 goes on sale tomorrow. I'm calling it now =D

Dragonbums:
Seriously, I know they are awesome, but come on now.
That's like getting hyped for Macy's 75% of sale.

Both my mom and my aunt get super-hyped during those Macy sales... and my cousins turn that type of hype into Steam sales hype...

I wish I could get "sales-hyped" fever or something...

Dragonbums:
I didn't know Steam sales are such a big thing that when they are happening is worthy of a game article of it's own.

Seriously, I know they are awesome, but come on now.
That's like getting hyped for Macy's 75% of sale.

steam has over 40 million accounts supposedly

http://gamingbolt.com/valve-releases-pr-steam-userbase-doubles-in-2011-big-picture-mode-coming-soon

(that is a bit old, but seeing as steam has become even MORE popular, i wouldn't imagine it going down from there)

Plus spreading the good news on sales is nothing but good, unless your a debbie downer...then nothing is ever good enough for you >_>

OT: Can't fucking wait to SPEND SOME MONEY FOR CHEAP ASS GAMES.

*sarcasm*

I'm sure i'll get a game or two, but as of currently I have nearly every game I want and that'll be coming out in the coming months (wooh kickstarter!)

Really I can't image the Steam sale offering better deals than the Green Man Gaming summer sale. Also, why didn't the GMG summer sale get more attention?

00slash00:
Really I can't image the Steam sale offering better deals than the Green Man Gaming summer sale. Also, why didn't the GMG summer sale get more attention?

eh, there were some great ones don't get me wrong, but there wasn't a lot of them that I didn't already have or didn't want and they didn't have that many overall compared to steam. The only thing I was looking for was the season pass and that was bundled with BL2.

gmaverick019:

00slash00:

eh, there were some great ones don't get me wrong, but there wasn't a lot of them that I didn't already have or didn't want and they didn't have that many overall compared to steam. The only thing I was looking for was the season pass and that was bundled with BL2.

That's how I felt about the last Steam sale. There were probably fewer sales per day than Steam sales, but I found the deals themselves to be notably better than those in the Steam Winter Sale, because of the sale voucher (though I am aware that comparing the GMG summer sale to a Steam sale from a different season may not be entirely fair).

00slash00:

gmaverick019:

00slash00:

That's how I felt about the last Steam sale. There were probably fewer sales per day than Steam sales, but I found the deals themselves to be notably better than those in the Steam Winter Sale, because of the sale voucher (though I am aware that comparing the GMG summer sale to a Steam sale from a different season may not be entirely fair).

this last winter sale was a bit lacking, however last summer and the winter before that the sales were amazing (in my opinion, i spent probably 60 bucks a piece each "sale" and got 5-6 games a piece, and they were all AAA releases, I'd call that a steal) not to mention the badge//treasure chest/summer camp thing they had last year, it'll be interesting to see if they bring it back

I do think it would've been nice had GmG got some recognition though, probably should've posted a thread myself.

But my computer is being repaired! Nooo!

Daystar Clarion:

Thank you for that. lol worthy indeed. Also it perfectly conveys how steam is absurdly viewed as "the divinely benevolent gaming benefactor" that I have been calling out for years.

/waits to see the rush to the defense of Gabe, the Golden cow.

Okay, I live in New Zealand, and it's the eleventh already. Not that that means anything, because of time zones and all, but... for me, at least, the rumour isn't true at all...
Oh leave me alone.

Infernal Lawyer:
Okay, I live in New Zealand, and it's the eleventh already. Not that that means anything, because of time zones and all, but... for me, at least, the rumour isn't true at all...
Oh leave me alone.

Steam sales tend to go off Pacific time so kiwis see them one day late.

Evil Smurf:

And that prevents you from partaking of this sale how, exactly?

Mr.Tea:

Evil Smurf:

I can't buy games with the IOS app.

Evil Smurf:

Mr.Tea:

Evil Smurf:

Why not? I just tried and, though I didn't make an actual purchase, I was only an "I agree" away...

Besides, you can just go on the Steampowered website (store.steampowered.com) in the actual browser of your iOS device (Safari, Chrome, Opera) and make your purchases there. Hell, I bet you could even do that from within a console's browser! Or use any of your friends' or relatives' computers? Even if you're alone in another country you could always have them gift you the games you want, as long as they trust you to send them the money afterwards.

So many possibilities!

Mr.Tea:

Evil Smurf:

Mr.Tea:

Why not? I just tried and, though I didn't make an actual purchase, I was only an "I agree" away...

Besides, you can just go on the Steampowered website (store.steampowered.com) in the actual browser of your iOS device (Safari, Chrome, Opera) and make your purchases there. Hell, I bet you could even do that from within a console's browser! Or use any of your friends' or relatives' computers? Even if you're alone in another country you could always have them gift you the games you want, as long as they trust you to send them the money afterwards.

So many possibilities!

good points! Thank you.

praetor_alpha:
Have we got to the point where we are expecting Steam sales? That seems like the kind of self-entitled bullshit that ruins things for everyone.

I understand why you haven't replied to anyone calling you out on this comment. Surely you must realize what a dumb statement it was.

OT: Luckily for me, there aren't many games I would want to pick up this year (at least not to my knowledge, I might get proven wrong), because I'm poor as fuck this year. =(

viranimus:

Daystar Clarion:

Thank you for that. lol worthy indeed. Also it perfectly conveys how steam is absurdly viewed as "the divinely benevolent gaming benefactor" that I have been calling out for years.

/waits to see the rush to the defense of Gabe, the Golden cow.

I don't think anyone genuinely believes that.

It's just fun to pretend :D

My body is ready for this sale! Sadly my wallet isn't.

Sunrider84:

praetor_alpha:
Have we got to the point where we are expecting Steam sales? That seems like the kind of self-entitled bullshit that ruins things for everyone.

I understand why you haven't replied to anyone calling you out on this comment. Surely you must realize what a dumb statement it was.

Nope, I stand by that statement.

Guys....it's already happening. Like. Right now. Quickly! To the store!

Also how does everyone feel about Bastion?

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.