Namco High Offers A Chance To Date Pac-Man

Namco High Offers A Chance To Date Pac-Man

Namco High reveal art

Namco Bandai has joined forces with the creator of Homestuck to build a game in which players attend high school alongside a number of the publisher's iconic characters.

Namco High is a newly-revealed, HTML5-based browser game from Namco Bandai and Andrew Hussie, creator of the Internet-favorite latter day choose your own adventure story known as Homestuck. There's scant little known about Namco High beyond those two bits of information, but we can describe the game's premise: You're a high school student in a school populated by Namco Bandai characters. Heihachi might sit behind you in biology, and you might take Mr. Driller to homecoming.

Is it silly? Absolutely, but who among you has never wanted to take an English class taught by the King of the Cosmos? Exactly. None of you.

Namco High is currently slated for release in time for the 2013 holiday season. Hopefully Namco Bandai will be more forthcoming with details on the soon, as creating fictional scenarios of how this high school simulation could play out is making us really anxious for the final game.

Source: Siliconera

The only entertainment value I see in this is if the Pac-Man ghosts are hall monitors. Then and only then will I even consider playing it.

This is the greatest thing ever. Thank you, Namco, for being awesome.

Are Namco high? This seems like one of those ideas that sounds great when you come up with it after a couple of doobies. Interested to see how this turns out. I'd love a game where see Voldo and Nightmare get caught smoking behind the bike sheds, and Yoshimitsu goes round beating up the school bullies.

So, Namco has a rather large library of interesting and unique characters. Obviously, they would make a crossover fighting game out of it.

NOPE. High school simulator. Oh Namco, you crazy, crazy bastards. Don't ever change. I might have to check this out just on absurdity alone.

I am totally okay with this, I love you Namco.

The only way this could instantly pick up more mindlessly rabid fanboys before a line of code (or script) had been written is if they picked up Lauren Faust. FFS.

Aha. I love it.

I'd probably try it just for the sheer absurdity of it.

You know what? It's creative and crazy. I'm down, sign me up. I'll try to hook up with Ms. Pacman if it's the last thing I do in this world.

As a fan of Homestuck, this... well this could pretty much go any number of ways. It will almost definitely play off as some kind of parody, which works to Hussie's strengths.

Still, releasing just before the holidays doesn't give much time. I guess it has probably been in the workings for a while.

j-e-f-f-e-r-s:
Are Namco high? This seems like one of those ideas that sounds great when you come up with it after a couple of doobies. Interested to see how this turns out. I'd love a game where see Voldo and Nightmare get caught smoking behind the bike sheds, and Yoshimitsu goes round beating up the school bullies.

I'd actually imagine them trying to get to school. Right now I'm imagining Yoshimitsu wearing a high school uniform and using the sword pogo move to get to school...That is an image that if I do not see in this game I will be severely disappointed. XD

OT: Okay, I have to play this at least once. Man Namco I remember why I love your games now. Also, if Klonoa is in this game then you will move up on my favorite developers list. I don't even care if the game is crap, the fact that they are doing this still shows me that Japan is still as silly as ever and are willing to take risks. XD

I don't think they even have the Japanese market in mind in this one, or the writer would've been Japanese. This'll probably be an awfully cynical game, the dating sim for dating sim haters to laugh with about all the stuff "wrong" with the genre.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.