Gearbox CCO: Homeworld "Meant Something to Me"

Pages PREV 1 2

You know this sounds all well and good, I myself loved Homeworld, but didn't they talk up Duke Nukem in a very similar way? I am hoping they really release something good, of course this is just a straight forward HD remake, so how bad could they screw it up?

ClockworkUniverse:
Didn't Aliens "mean something" to Gearbox too?

Indeed, they'll grind this into the ground too. Don't forget that Duke Nukem was also close to their hearts. They should stick to their one hit pony Borderlands.

As long as HD re-release means convert to 1920x1080, and then make it run stable on modern systems, then great!
If it means complete art overhaul and "gameplay tweaks" for modern audiences, then I say we march on Gearbox and stop the rape of our childhood dreams. IP after IP crushed under the cold uncaring boots of Randy Pitchford! TO ARMS BROTHERS!

If it meant something to you why do you take a perfectly working (strangely robust as there is no problem running it on win 7 64 bit without any compatibilities) game, and bastardize it with remaking the game?

Braedan:
As long as HD re-release means convert to 1920x1080, and then make it run stable on modern systems, then great!
If it means complete art overhaul and "gameplay tweaks" for modern audiences, then I say we march on Gearbox and stop the rape of our childhood dreams. IP after IP crushed under the cold uncaring boots of Randy Pitchford! TO ARMS BROTHERS!

while my resolutions only reached 14440x900 when playing it, ti ran stable and has never crashed for me. IT already runs stable on modern systems.
they did say "remake" and not just "remodeling", so expect gameplay tweaks.

If they care about Homeworld so much, give it to Relic on the stipulation that they make Homeworld 3.

Cataclysm had the best multiplayer out of all hw games.

I loved playing beast. Jump that field frig in right when they fire their ball of doom... and watch em blow emselves up ^^ then jumo your bc's in to finish the fight.

OH: Suicide carirers full of beast missiles jump right into your frig/corv swarm.

XD i loved this game.... so bad my pc wont play it anymore.

But hey, hw2 had its moment, VAYGR battlecruiser are the awesome to the fith power. BAM! BAM! BAM! hiigs knew they were fucked whever they came into bearing of that gun. and dem missiles... so underestimated....

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here