Prisoner Sues Intel For $5 Billion

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Prisoner Sues Intel For $5 Billion

Inmate Matthew Young claims that Steve Jobs stole the idea of his "Lancelot" and passed it onto Intel.

Matthew Robert Young, currently incarcerated at the Snake River Correctional Institution in Ontario, Oregon, says that the Core 2 Duo chip and its virtualization technology are based on his earlier "Lancelot" design.

The computer itself was meant to be "Hacker proof, Virus proof Computer with Multiphase Microprocessors" and he was hoping that Apple would market or buy the design off him, for a cool $250 million. Surprisingly, there was no comeback call.

According to the filing though, Steve Jobs met up with Intel later that year and passed those secrets on, and in June 2006, Intel senior vice president Pat Gelsinger appeared in The Oregonian holding a motherboard. Young says he can prove this motherboard was manufactured from his stolen intellectual property.

Young wrote to Intel:

Dear Intel Corporation:

Does this look familiar? Well it should. It is the Hacker Proof, Virus Proof Computer, that I invented, which I Call [LANCELOT]. I showed it to Steve Jobs, at Apple Computer, and asked him for Two Hundred and Fifty Million Dollars, he took it to you at Intel, and you built it but you do not know how to turn it on.

So here is what you are going to do. You are going to Agree to pay me Seventy Percent (70 %) every thing that You Gross Profit, and then I will tell you how to turn It on and make it do what I Designed it to do.

You have 30 days to Respond, on Bonded paper, with your Signature written in Blue ink, or I am going to send copies Of my schematics to AMD (Advance Micro Devices) and Tell them how it works for next to nothing.

His reply - which he states proves Intel knew about it, reads:

We have received the materials you provided to us in connection with the above referenced matter. After consideration and review of the submitted documents, Intel has determined not to pursue this matter.

Thank you for your interest in Intel Corporation and for bringing this opportunity to our attention.

As if that wasn't enough, Young then cites the Bible as reference for why Intel is liable, specifically Romans 3:19/20:

v. 19 Now we know that what things so ever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped and all the world may become guilty before God.

v. 20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in His sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

You can read the whole lawsuit here.

Source: The Register

that's a cute little attempt. but how crazy would that be if he was telling the truth? lol that would be one hell of a rich prisoner, i would think.

So, what's he inside for?

Whaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!???????????

That shit is crazy. My first instinct is to cry, bullshit! However, there is always the possibility that this guy is right, Steve Jobs is not exactly the most scrupulous businessman. If he thought he could get away with it, I could see him ripping off someone else's idea. People do that shit all the time, although don't always succeed thanks to copyright laws.

uppitycracker:
that's a cute little attempt. but how crazy would that be if he was telling the truth? lol that would be one hell of a rich prisoner, i would think.

The Intel black helicopters are warming up now, as well as their death squads, to ensure his silence. If you think thats bad, you'd be amazed as to want Apple do - they *connection broken*

why specifically blue ink? is blue ink more official

Aardvark:

Fraud, I'd bet.

Aardvark:

It's a good question, but not one I'm able to find out I'm afraid.
He is also putting up a claim that he has been "unlawfully imprisoned", but I think without delving through Oregon's police records, I can't really tell you.

He is clearly insane but I hope he wins.

So he went to the Jack Thompson school of law where you learn to make insane claims, then quote scripture when your claims are summarily rejected?

Also:

A hacker-proof, virus-proof computer? Brilliant! Why didn't anyone think of that before?!?

Wow, stay away from that jail cell if you're going to prison in Oregon. That guy seems to be a bit unstable at best!

Then again, he could be right. Well, only time will tell.

The_root_of_all_evil:
He is also putting up a claim that he has been "unlawfully imprisoned", but I think without delving through Oregon's police records, I can't really tell you.

Ok, so it was rape, arson, murder and rape. Because he likes rape.

If he were unlawfully imprisoned, you'd think that his freedom would be a little more important than harassing some omnipresent corporate entity.

Hacker and virus proof? When was the last time someone hacked or wrote a virus that specifically targeted a CPU?

Aardvark:

Mongo only pawn... in game of life. :)

um... this guy is dumb... yet smart...

Wait a minute, wait a minute - a hacker proof, virus proof computer? That's my damn idea! I knew Jobs couldn't be trusted!

Alright, I'm writing a very strongly worded letter.

barryween:

Well, you're half right...

barryween:

Right the first time methinks, in a contest between this case and a snowball in a microwave, I'd bet on the snowball lasting longer.

Our boy is claiming violation of a "patentable" invention. Considering he's filing this pro se (no lawyer), the necessary discovery process (finding evidence) to prove that fraud, theft, invention, etc. took place would be daunting for a full scale law firm. For a dude in jail? I'm not so sure.

If he was half as smart as he claims to be, he'd just post the specs on the internet and savor the anarchy.

Wait, if he mustered up design plans or something like that, would he have a case?

corporate_gamer:

Blue ink is a method of securing a signature as legitimate as photocopiers are all-black, and red is invisible to copiers.

Isn't the computer hardware industry supposed to thrive on screwing each other over? If so, they how is this a surprise to anyone? Also, why is the guy incarcerated in the first place?

Methinks if he were able to create something like that he'd also know where capital letters are meant to go.

OuroborosChoked:
So he went to the Jack Thompson school of law where you learn to make insane claims, then quote scripture when your claims are summarily rejected?

Also:

A hacker-proof, virus-proof computer? Brilliant! Why didn't anyone think of that before?!?

Because they arnt a newly ellected jesus

As soon as someone quotes the bible as evidence for anything, they lose my attention.

*Woody Woodpecker laugh*

I vote that said current guest of Oregon Corrections is being held to protect him from assault by ravenous squirrels. Citing the Bible in a property-law civil claim? Claiming to create hack-proof hardware? C'mon, man, really...

-- Steve

C'mon it's easy to create a hacker-proof, virus-proof computer... simply make a computer that doesn't work and it will never be hacked but I doubt I would get 5 billion for it...

God damnit, how do I turn this thing on? It just keeps beeping at me!

So, he built a computer that can NEVER be connected to another one via any sort of up link or internet service.......... I did that once, then I put a wireless internet card in it and the whole plan was ruined.

Khell_Sennet:

corporate_gamer:

Blue ink is a method of securing a signature as legitimate as photocopiers are all-black, and red is invisible to copiers.

Er, I have a colour scanner - can I win now? How about a colour photocopier? It's not the 80s any more...

Aardvark:

Do I sense a Blazing Saddles reference?

Yeah... because a convicted criminal is a completely trustable contact in legal matters such as these.

he's the third craziest inmate i've seen, there's another one who's tried to sue a few ppl for rather funny things, charlie is still the craziest tho

Wicky_42:

Khell_Sennet:

corporate_gamer:

Er, I have a colour scanner - can I win now? How about a colour photocopier? It's not the 80s any more...

Yes but for legal documents and contracts you sign in blue ink. Yes I'm sure the law knows about scanners and printers, but there are always flaws to the copies.

Doesn't anyone else love how the letter he sent to Intel has striking similarities to, say, a ransom note?

It's a little ludicrous, but god, wouldn't it be awesome if he actually succeeded in getting money from Intel?

Hacker-proof? Virus-proof? Not with an x86 design, it's not. He's bullshitting and absolutely batshit insane to boot. Plus, you know, Intel were making dual-core processors before the Core 2 Duo.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here