Grand Theft Auto V PC Petition Pushes 375,000 Signatures

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Grand Theft Auto V PC Petition Pushes 375,000 Signatures

Grand Theft Auto V SE/CE screen

An awful lot of people want to play the new Grand Theft Auto with a mouse and keyboard.

Grand Theft Auto V launches tomorrow for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 but not, for some odd reason, on the PC. And while the great likelihood is that a PC version will come along sooner or later - it took Grand Theft Auto IV more than six months to hit the PC after the console release, remember - the "Release GTA V on PC" petition is doing a bang-up job of attracting attention and serving as a reminder to Rockstar that people do in fact want this thing.

The petition hit 200,000 signatures in late July and is now rapidly approaching 375,000, just 125,000 away from its goal. The looming launch of the game on consoles seems to have goosed the pace; the petition went from 10,000 to 100,000 signatures over a period of just nine days in November 2012, shortly after it launched, but took from then until early August 2013 to hit 300,000. Getting from that to the current mark took less than a month and a half.

Alas, not everyone shares that level of enthusiasm for a mouse-driven GTA V. A petition against the PC edition of the game, "So PC gamers learn their lesson and stop stealing games," recently broke 10,000 signatures.

Source: Change.org

Like.. It is gonna come either way! If this was a few months into the future I wouldn't mind. Cause then I would be getting pissed as well.

But surely GTA PC fans is used to this by now? It always comes later.

PS: I know I am whining for no reason.. Sorry.

wow, that anti GTAV PC petition. some people are just born with spite in their heart n need to spunk it anywhere they can

Andy Chalk:

Alas, not everyone shares that level of enthusiasm for a mouse-driven GTA V. A petition against the PC edition of the game, "So PC gamers learn their lesson and stop stealing games," recently broke 10,000 signatures.

Which becomes fucking hilarious when you consider that GTA V has already been stolen and pirated, while the PC version still hasn't been announced.

Dat PC piracy, yo...

I wish these ignoramuses (ignorami?) would get a fucking clue.

I don't doubt that the PC is getting a release, but like the last one, we will have forgotten about the game by the time it actually comes out. Petitions are usually useless anyway, with rare exception of course.

Online petitions, for or against, are irrelevant. GTA V will be released on PC unless Rockstar has a stroke and develops a crippling fear of money.

True members of the Master Race do not beg publishers for games. Given the quality of Rockstar's games on the PC as of late I would not care one way or another.

It will get a PC launch at some point, but I'm all for this. Even though I'm getting this for the PS3 tonight, I feel that all fans should be able to play the games they want.

When the PC release comes, I probably won't buy it anyway, Rockstar can be spectacularly aggressive with their DRM and I don't fancy buying a game that will probably require three or four separate log-ins and a retail disc and make me istall registry altering files from SecuRom to be playable.

Then again, they might have learned their lesson from GTA IV and just use Steamworks instead.

Wow, a troll petition? I know I shouldn't be surprised by this at this point, but for some reason, I am.

I don't see why people beg Rockstar to release it. Rockstar knows that there's profit to be made, and all non-exclusive GTA games have gotten a PC release so far. I guess that there's no harm in trying.

Phrozenflame500:
Online petitions, for or against, are irrelevant. GTA V will be released on PC unless Rockstar has a stroke and develops a crippling fear of money.

So unless they become Konami?

Mr Ink 5000:
wow, that anti GTAV PC petition. some people are just born with spite in their heart and need to spunk it anywhere they can

You'd think they were protesting people on Welfare, the way they go on about PC gamers "stealing" games.

Someone already dug through the code of GTA V and found PC related shit in there so it's only a matter of time.

But some of those posts on the 'Don't Make a PC Version of GTA V' are hilarious. They're as bad as those anti-console posts you see on Battlelog's blog.

Is the counterpetition actually suggesting you can't find and play pirated PS3 and xbox games on a pc?

Also: I didn't even know there wasn't a PC version until right now. I was actually considering going to buy it tomorrow...
But now I guess I'll just not buy it. Way to cheat yourself out of a sale there Rockstar.

380,000-some at last check. I think the "don't port it to PC" petition may have pissed some people off.

Rockstar does have a crippling fear of money and success I think. I'd have bought both GTA5 and RDR a long time ago if I could..they just wont let me give them my money.

Uncharted doesn't piss me off nearly as much since its suppose to be an exclusive, even thought it is also a great game I'd like to try. But Rockstar just seems lazy in their bad attempts at "combating piracy"..or whatever twisted reason they might have for delaying the PC versions for months, sometime years.

"Stop stealing games?"

Pot, meet kettle. Not only is Grand Theft Auto V being pirated on consoles, they even broke the street date. If your only excuse for a lack of a PC port is 'pirates', why do you make games at all?

Haha the petition against PC GTA V is laughable.

Do people still believe PC gamers are all pirates? I hope developers start to notice that consoles have pirates as well and start respecting the master race more.

Some people have nothing better to do, right?

I'm pretty sure it'll eventually come to PC, where it'll have its definitive version with better graphics and better controls.

Why waste resources on a small, dwindling market, with a habit of stealing your product?

Andy Chalk:

Bla bla bla. I always played GTA IV on my PC with a controller. On a Steam version. Which I bought.
In fact who ever made and signed that petition is so full of turd, they don't actually warrant mention or notice.

Souplex:
Why waste resources on a small, dwindling market, with a habit of stealing your product?

Are you talking about the PS3, 360 or PC there?

Where's the petition to not make it a shoddy port? Because GTAIV (EFLC) is the only game this computer I'm typing this on has ever had problems running, and it looked like crap because of the stupid movie filter they get on all the time.

MonkeyPunch:

Souplex:

Well, it must not be PC, because it's the only market where people aren't jumping ship due to a promised next generation.

Souplex:

Because console owners are willing to pay a £20 mark up on price. :P

Souplex:

The Random One:
Where's the petition to not make it a shoddy port? Because GTAIV (EFLC) is the only game this computer I'm typing this on has ever had problems running, and it looked like crap because of the stupid movie filter they get on all the time.

MonkeyPunch:

Souplex:

Well, it must not be PC, because it's the only market where people aren't jumping ship due to a promised next generation.

Must not be, I mean after all, look at this image right here!

I signed the anti GTA V petition, because nobody on the Pc should play Rockstar's gritty, depressing , realistic sandbox crap when Just Cause 2, Saints Row IV and Red Faction Guerrilla exist.

I don't care if a PC version comes several months after the console version. After the GTA4 port, all I care about is a PC version that isn't complete crap

I signed it because I sold all my consoles, oops.

But Sandbox games are really fun on PC with high end computers

"An awful lot of people want to play the new Grand Theft Auto with a mouse and keyboard."

Actually no. I'm going to play it with a controller but I want to use my computer that's about twice as powerful as my PS3.

This is getting a bit tinfoil hat of me, but I really hope that GTA5 does get a PC release, if only so the misguided chumps with their anti-PC petition don't get to feel like they won a victory.

Souplex:

You're funny. Citation needed!

Maxtro:
"An awful lot of people want to play the new Grand Theft Auto with a mouse and keyboard."

Actually no. I'm going to play it with a controller but I want to use my computer that's about twice as powerful as my PS3.

Actually yes, i want to play it with mouse and keyboard. Like i do every PC game. Your anecdotal evidence is as good as mine.

Mr.Tea:

Andy Chalk:

Which becomes fucking hilarious when you consider that GTA V has already been stolen and pirated, while the PC version still hasn't been announced.

Dat PC piracy, yo...

I wish these ignoramuses (ignorami?) would get a fucking clue.

Yep, ignorami (it's Latin). Both are correct (I checked).

"Let's piss thousands of people off by not letting them BUY the product they want so that they have to STEAL it instead."

I'd appreciate Rockstar weighing in on this, because I don't want to buy it for my PS3 and then have the PC release come out in October. I'm willing to wait a little while to get to see it looking its best. It's also true I've honestly lost a little faith in console releases every since I got Skyrim on PS3 (now have it on PC), and having gotten used to 60FPS and draw distances with tiny LOD drop offs. I appreciate Skyrim wasn't representative of the stability of games on PS3, but as games are getting more demanding, my PS3 is going to struggle more; and from what I can tell, this game (GTAV) was designed with PS4/Xbone architecture in mind. It doesn't spell "best possible experience" for the current releases.

Having said that, if I don't hear anything by October, I'll probably just give in and pick it up on PS3.

Rellik San:

Souplex:

Because console owners are willing to pay a £20 mark up on price. :P

OT: Why the fuck are you petitioning for the inevitable?

Its like a petition for climate change. Its happening already guys. You petition for things you want to change. GTA 5 will come out on PC for the folks like myself who will not be buying it until it comes out on PC. Rockstar wants my money. All of my money. Therefore, they will come up with a way of taking my money that does not require a crowbar.

Not all of us PC gamers are pirates. Although I guess it depends on your definition of piracy. But that is a dangerous topic. In all seriousnous, disregarding games and software, just about everyone in this forum has benefited from piracy on some level. I mean, Who here shares music with friends?

Who shared it with friends?

Who shared it with friends?

Somewhere down the line someone stole something. Hell, a friend of mine, lets call him [REDACTED] used to only go into record shops to look over the album lists and new stuff so he knew what he was missing from the crappy Discogs.

But that is a totally different discussion.

People realize the anti-PC petition started AS A JOKE(/troll) right?

Both are stupid though, GTA V will come to PC anyway. Why do the press/people feel the need to give attention to so many petitions on change.org? All this gives the impression that petitioning has become "a thing" that some gamers do, when really, anyone can just go make one and spam it around for attention. There will probably always be people starting petitions for things they want, that doesn't mean all those things should be petitioned for.

fix-the-spade:
When the PC release comes, I probably won't buy it anyway, Rockstar can be spectacularly aggressive with their DRM and I don't fancy buying a game that will probably require three or four separate log-ins and a retail disc and make me istall registry altering files from SecuRom to be playable.

Then again, they might have learned their lesson from GTA IV and just use Steamworks instead.

Max Payne 3 was pretty clean, it didn't use GFWL for one, and I was able to play it straight.

I personally can't wait till it comes to pc.
I am currently watching a few Let's Players do some of the Open World stuff.
It all looks really cool.
The gun training in the ammu nation looks really good and i really had to laugh when there was an actual minigame to grope the stripers without getting thrown out of the club.

ksn0va:
Max Payne 3 was pretty clean, it didn't use GFWL for one, and I was able to play it straight.

That's a very good point. I suppose I'm just panicking that Take 2 will do absolutely everything in it's power to 'protect' it's enormous investment in GTA. Their throwing their weight around forcing bans on people who play the game early (including legitimate retail copies!) has me looking at the worst case scenario.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here